View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #16
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haejin View Post

I know this chart is a tad cheesy but it really shows how much we can help out environmentally just by cutting meat. Obviously there's a lot of work that needs to be done in order to be more eco friendly...but we... especially vegans who are put on the spotlight/chopping block when it comes to these things, need to realize that we can't fix everything in one day. I personally try to buy local when it comes to produce, but I can't always do it... and I really dislike when ppl, especially those who aren't doing anything to help out the planet...point fingers at those who try to do what they can.
That chart seems to be more about efficiency in food production than helping things I think. What happens to the cows that would otherwise be eaten? They'll still be alive, eating and drinking, for a much longer lifespan. What are we supposed to do just shoot our livestock off into space?:P (that wasn't a serious suggestion, I'm just suddenly reminded of PIGS IN SPACE)

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote