View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 04:12 AM   #113
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
1) I'm sorry, this is one on, like 3 or 4. I work 3 jobs, my work is banned from Gnet, and I have activism and playwrighting to juggle.

If I missed something important please bring it up again and I'll do my best to give you a straight answer.

2) That's pretty dismissive. Are you going to call me sweet-cheek's next.

Here: I'll say it - Not recognizing privilege is Occupies #1 internal problem. Steps have been taken, and are being taken to correct this, but once again, this is a PROCESS

Well I'm sorry that happened. I don't know anything about Occupy Norfolk. It may be that they're just doing it wrong.

That probably has to do with the lateral culture. Other political gatherings are constrained by hierarchy, so the crazies are less likely to speak up less they be banned. Still I contend that other political gatherings still have all of these problems, they're just concealed. At least with Occupy this shit is out in the open and it can be dealt with - and make no mistake it NEEDS to be dealt with, because without a cultural revolution all you'll get are reforms and small concessions.

Sounds like you've got some Macho rednecks. I'd say form a working group and send a proposal to the GA to facillitate more female voices.

1) Teach-ins

2) Facilitation is trained to deal with it

3) Speakers are brought in to lecture on it.

4) It's written in to our official policy

5) Occupiers are writing about it

6) every establishment liberal news source is repeating it ad-nauseaum

7) Our process itself addresses the problem

Why in the fuck do you contend that that nothing is being done? What more do you want?
HOLY SHIT. FUCK.

STOP attributing their experience as something they did wrong! STOP IT. It is not their god damn fault, it is the fucking movement's. Saya didn't make AshleyO stop caring about social justice, THE SYSTEMS THAT FIGHT SOCIAL JUSTICE DID. Stop trying to justify the movements faults with the faults of others. That doesn't invalidate the criticism.

THAT IS PUTTING BLAME ON THE VICTIM AND RELIEVING THE PERPETRATOR OF CRIME AND ACCOUNTABILITY.

STOP this shit right now or I am going to OCCUPY YOUR GOD DAMN FACE.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote