View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #119
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf moon View Post
But this is precisely what makes this so important. Four days ago, police officers in full riot gear told some university students who have been sitting in protest in the quad of their own school that they needed to leave. The students responded by linking arms and saying they weren't going to. The officers calmly and deliberately coated the entire group in pepper spray, while they held still and tried to cover their faces without letting go of each other. If this is acceptable, what does that mean for people you love? What would happen if a police officer asked someone that you love a question, like "Can I come into your house?" or "Hey, will you please take your clothes off?" and they responded by asking for a warrant? Would the officer then have the right to violently force them to comply? What if it was your mother or grandmother who went downtown to see what all the fuss was about and walked away like this:

Quietly hoping that systemic, state-sanctioned violence never makes it into your house is more likely than not going to be a losing battle. It's either okay or it isn't.
I think that's a bit of a dramatic scenerio.

If I refused to let an officer into my house asking for a warrant, they would have to get a warrant. I have never been abused or harassed by police so I have absolutely no reason to assume that people doing their jobs are on some power trip and are out to get me.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote