View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 04:22 PM   #9
drgnlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbreadwench
I do hope you're not serious about that-- what about those falsely accused? It DOES happen.
No, no, no! I'm talking -real- sexual predators, not some poor schmuck who let the little head do his thinking for him, and slept with a 15 y/o who claimed to be 18, or the poor guy who is -accused- of ****, by some psycho hose-beast. Cases like these are generally weak, at best, and with DNA testing, it's alot easier to prove that the guy is innocent. But even still, yes, I know some innocent guys are still going to slip through the cracks, and end up in prison. That's why I say life, not the death penalty. As long as the guy never admits to anything in a plea to lower his sentence, he can continue to appeal.

And yeah, I know this happens. Which is why convictions for this kind of thing is so hard to come by, and so hard to prove. But letting a -known- sexual offender run around loose after...at best...an 8 year stint, just so he can continue to commit his crimes? Nope. Sorry. Real sexual predators -CANNOT- be rehabilitated, and they have no business out amoung the rest of society, because of that.