View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #101
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Did you really just place blame on Versus for not wanting to get involved in what is perceived to be a movement that does not welcome him in a thread where he is actively trying to better understand OWS?
No. I'm sorry if he/you took it that way.

I'm not blaming folks for not wanting to get involved, that makes sense.

I'm pointing out the fact that regardless of that, Occupy is a good chance, perhaps the best chance in decades to make some headway in that department.

Is it fair? No. Is it right? Maybe not. Is it a fact? Yes.

In order to move forward there needs to be a dialogue.

Quote:
Also would these things apply to me or Saya? If so how are we supposed to get past them when we went to the Occupy movements closest to us and we each met with dismissal? You can say what you want about Saya being quiet but I'm not fucking quiet, if someone ignores me or tries to talk over me I have no problem insisting that I be heard but I absolutely will not stoop to having my husband repeat what I say just so that someone will listen. I mean it really is sad that state politicians took me more seriously when I was in middle school than the guys at Occupy Norfolk.
Well for one thing when are these conversations happening? At the GA? At the at the spokescouncil? At the park?

Have either of you gotten together with other women and formed a working group? Have you brought feminists and like-minded people to the GAs? Have you Mic.-Checked them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Because if you get discriminated against you're just buying into the anti-revolutionary narrative and you should just keep showing up until some white guy who isn't a dick will listen to you, apparently.
There's a difference between criticizing and calling out discrimination, and extending that critique to the entire movement.

Quote:
Nevermind that everyone's been trying to get white dicks to listen for the last several hundred years.
And NOW they finally are. Is it fair? No. Is it right? No. But the revolution has to happen sometime and if OWS has "waves" like feminism, alot more people will be hurt, *****, killed, exploited and discriminated against.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote