Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:17 PM   #1
Beowulf

Smile Red Dwarf

Red Dwarf is one of the best TV programs ever, I was wondering if anyone else loves this classic Sci-Fi Sitcom.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:33 PM   #2
ExistentialDisorder

Man, I love red dwarf. i just can never find it on tv reruns anymore. Eventually maybe i'll find it on dvd.

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
ExistentialDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:07 PM   #3
Samyania

I love this show. I was ever so close to making an Arlene Rimmer costume, only my Deb Lister backed out.
The dvd's are pretty easy to find. I've got through 4.
Samyania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:52 AM   #4
Beowulf

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistentialDisorder
Man, I love red dwarf. i just can never find it on tv reruns anymore. Eventually maybe i'll find it on dvd.

Try Amazon (click here)

They have loads of Red Dwarf stuff.

Official Red Dwarf site (click here)

Old 02-22-2006, 06:21 PM   #5
Empty_Purple_Stars

Man, this brings back memories..

Cat was always my favorite of the bunch. How can you go wrong with Six Nipples? I mean really.. So funny. He took Narcissicism to new depths. With style Hell, even his heartbeat was a Bass Line. How nifty is that? Pretty gawdamn nifty, I tell you.

I'd love to get the whole series on DVD so the boys can watch it when they're older.

"Listen Up, You Smegheads, Gimboids and Goits!.."

*Hee*

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:55 PM   #6
Beowulf

Cool

GeishaGirl,

I love that episode, it`s one of my favourites from season 4.

Kryten attempts to learn the finer points of lying by, erm, describing an apple as "The Bolivian Navy on manoeuvres in the South Pacific."

The Cat meets his ideal mate - and it turns out to be himself. "Can you think of anyone more deserving?"

Kryten loses Camille to Hector the blob, but is quite philosophical about it: "It's the old, old story - droid meets droid, droid becomes chameleon, droid loses chameleon, chameleon turns into blob, droid gets blob back again. Blob meets blob, blob goes off with blob and droid loses blob, chameleon and droid. How many times have we seen that story?" (taken from website)

If anyone wants to know when Red Dwarf will be on TV, in their part of the world, go to the Official website and click on `Dwarf Tracker` on the menu, and select your country .

Old 02-23-2006, 10:44 PM   #7
KeltikAon

I gave up trying to catch it on tv. I just buy the DVDs now. Sometimes it is a bad thing to live three miles away from Best Buy.
KeltikAon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:41 AM   #8
Cicero

Barely into my 6th year on this earth, I became obsessed with Red Dwarf. It hasn't stopped ever since.

"RASPUTIN! Bring me the diving suit with the bottom cut out, and release the rampant wildebeest!"

The 8th season is out on DVD in April.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:29 AM   #9
Deviant Kitten

I <3 Red Dwarf! I really wish I had cable or sky - it's not on regular TV here at the moment. I need me some DVDs!

(Pinched from RD website: )
Classic Dwarf -

Lister discovers Kryten's been doing his laundry: "No way are these my boxer shorts - these bend!"

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:41 AM   #10
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lister
Oh smeg. What the smegging smeg's he smegging gone and done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimmer
Why the smeg don't you smegging well smeg off you smegging smegger?!?
I have <3'd this show for years!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:23 AM   #11
Cicero

I was fascinated just a few years ago when I found out what smeg actually was...
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:15 AM   #12
Empty_Purple_Stars

Oh you really don't want to know..

Trust me..

*shudder*
Old 03-03-2006, 09:15 AM   #13
Shi'ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
What is smeg really?
Segma is some thing that… well if men don’t wash then is found inside the dick.
I’m not kidding
Old 03-03-2006, 09:16 AM   #14
Shi'ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Oh you really don't want to know..

Trust me..

*shudder*
Maybe I shouldn’t have said any thing after all. This came up after my post.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:03 AM   #15
Empty_Purple_Stars

Ugh..

Smegma is the funky, goopy, white stuff that guys get inside their Penis if they don't wash..

*pukes*
Old 03-03-2006, 10:06 AM   #16
Shi'ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela

So, how do you smeg someone?
I pray that I never find out
Old 03-03-2006, 05:01 PM   #17
Beowulf

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant Kitten
I <3 Red Dwarf! I really wish I had cable or sky - it's not on regular TV here at the moment. I need me some DVDs!

(Pinched from RD website: )
Classic Dwarf -

Lister discovers Kryten's been doing his laundry: "No way are these my boxer shorts - these bend!"

I love that episode, when they find Kryten (played by a different actor) its one of my favourite episodes .

"As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

- Holly

Deviant Kitten, I was wondering what your favourite Red Dwarf episodes are ?.

Old 03-04-2006, 03:38 AM   #18
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf
Deviant Kitten, I was wondering what your favourite Red Dwarf episodes are ?.
I love that episode with the virtual reality game where Rimmer's mind keeps turning on him and messing the game up It's in series 2 I think.

I've got to admit I've only seen maybe 10 episodes of Red Dwarf - it always seemed to be on when I was at work On the plus side, that means there are lots of RD episodes for me to discover! *does happy dance*

~ Wei Hui
Old 03-04-2006, 11:46 AM   #19
Beowulf

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant Kitten
I love that episode with the virtual reality game where Rimmer's mind keeps turning on him and messing the game up It's in series 2 I think.

I've got to admit I've only seen maybe 10 episodes of Red Dwarf - it always seemed to be on when I was at work On the plus side, that means there are lots of RD episodes for me to discover! *does happy dance*
Hiya Deviant Kitten,

Have you seen the `Red Dwarf: Just the Shows - Volume 1 - DVD`

Episode titles:
The End, Future Echoes, Balance Of Power, Waiting For God, Confidence And Paranoia, Me2, Kryten, Better Than Life, Thanks For the Memory, Stasis Leak, Queeg, Parallel Universe, Backwards, Marooned, Polymorph, Bodyswap, Timeslides, The Last Day, Camille, D.N.A., Justice, White Hole, Dimension Jump, Meltdown.

Its a box set that has the first four seasons of Red Dwarf.
For more info...

Old 03-05-2006, 03:25 AM   #20
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf
Hiya Deviant Kitten,

Have you seen the `Red Dwarf: Just the Shows - Volume 1 - DVD`

Episode titles:
The End, Future Echoes, Balance Of Power, Waiting For God, Confidence And Paranoia, Me2, Kryten, Better Than Life, Thanks For the Memory, Stasis Leak, Queeg, Parallel Universe, Backwards, Marooned, Polymorph, Bodyswap, Timeslides, The Last Day, Camille, D.N.A., Justice, White Hole, Dimension Jump, Meltdown.

Its a box set that has the first four seasons of Red Dwarf.
For more info...
Hey! No, I hadn't seen that one - thanks Beowulf
I get paid on Sundays, I'll have to see if I've got a decent amount this week because I NEED that DVD box set!! *grin*

~ Wei Hui
Old 03-05-2006, 08:39 AM   #21
Shi'ark

Anyone know about that movie that has been talked about the last ten years? If faithful to the TV show it will be brilliant.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:41 AM   #22
Deviant Kitten

Argh, crappy work! I'm skint again

There's going to ba a RD film?

~ Wei Hui
Old 03-06-2006, 12:24 PM   #23
Beowulf

Smile There's going to ba a RD film?

Hi Deviant Kitten,

From what I`ve found (below) on the official website, it looks like somethings been in development, but this info is over five years old, whether its got the green light, or been shelved is anyones guess.

18 Oct 2002
If you are a member of the industry looking for information on the film, details can be found here.

Red Dwarf - The Movie may be shot in Australia. Preliminary design work is currently underway. Production on the movie will begin shortly following a period of pre-production, with a release date to follow. Crewing up has not yet begun. When Red Dwarf Films is ready to accept CV submissions and other enquiries, contact details for all departments will be posted here. Please watch the Movie Deck area of the site for further updates.

Please note that details given here will be for industry contacts only. Fan email and general queries will not be considered. Press and publicity information will be included later. Official Website

I have seen nothing about this film in `Empire` (film magazine), or anything else over the years, but I`ll write or E-mail on of these magazines, and see what happens.

Old 03-07-2006, 01:15 PM   #24
Deviant Kitten

Thanks for the info, Beowulf
I really hope they do make it, I'd love to see a whole RD film! It'd better not suck though...

Hey, they mentioned CV submissions - we could be extras! *grin*

~ Wei Hui
Old 03-07-2006, 02:37 PM   #25
Beowulf

Smile

Hi Deviant Kitten,

I found some more info about the Red Dwarf film, that might be interesting...

Release Date Note: (10/14/03) When this film sees release in the USA will ultimately depend upon the company that picks it up for distribution. The British producers had originally announced a possible April, 2002 release, and were then aiming for December 25th, 2002. Then, a 2004 release seemed likely, but with the new start date of May, 2004, sometime in 2005 is the next likely target.

Not to be Confused With: There was a 1999 French film called Red Dwarf, that had nothing to do with the BBC TV series. Oddly enough, it was just about a tiny person of reddish hue.

Distributor: Currently seeking distribution in the USA.

Production Company: Fragile Films (Valiant), Grant Naylor Productions, BBC Films, Icon Entertainment (Paparazzi, Mad Max: Fury Road)

Cast: Chloe Annett (Kristine Kochanski), Chris Barrie (Arnold Judas Rimmer), Craig Charles (Dave Lister), Danny John-Jules (Cat), Robert Llewellyn (Kryten), Norman Lovett (Holly), Mac McDonald (Captain Hollister), Carole Nimmons, Richard O'Callaghan, Andy Taylorr

Rumored Cameos: This might be total bunk, but Jackie Chan and Madonna have been rumored in the past to have cameos.

Cat Note: This is one of two films in the works that will star a bipedal feline, the other being Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat.

Director: Ed Bye (Kevin & Perry Go Large; he's also directed many episodes of Red Dwarf)

Screenwriter: Rob Grant, Doug Naylor (feature debuts; they've both written many episodes)

Based Upon: The cult (code for "struggling but appreciated") BBC TV show that has had 8 seasons of over 50 episodes produced intermittently since 1988. There was also an American pilot for a possible TV show back in 1992-1993, but it wasn't picked up as a series.

Premise: This is the story of Dave Lister, a lowly maintenance worker on a mining ship called Red Dwarf, headed back to Earth. Placed in stasis just before a freak accident, Lister wakes up three million years later to discover that the entire human crew is dead except him. Dave's not alone, however, as he's accompanied by Cat (John-Jules), an evolved descendent of his pet cat; Kryten (Llewellyn), the ship's mechanoid; Holly (Lovett), the now senile ship computer; and Arnold Rimmer (Barrie), Lister's long-dead boss, now a hologram. In this movie, Dave and the rest of the crew discover that the human race has been wiped out by Homo Sapenoids, an evil cyborg race mixing human beings and technology. The only survivors of the human race are the crews of the various deep space freighters, which the Sapenoids' Death Ships have been hunting down until there's only one left.. the Red Dwarf.

Filming: Production is scheduled to start in May, 2004 at the WB Gold Coast Studios in Australia (originally expected to film at Shepperton Studios in London) on a budget of 12 million pounds. Filming is expected to wrap up about four or five months later in late 2004.

Previously planned production start dates have been May, 2001, August, 2001, the summer of 2002, March, 2003 and most recently, October, 2003. Will May, 2004 finally see this movie actually getting made?

Genre: Comedy, Eye Candy, Science Fiction

Official Series Site: RedDwarf.co.uk

Source

It`ll be interesting to see if this film does get made, or a release.

Lets hope that it will up to standard with the original tv series .