Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum




Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
Purepsycho
 
Purepsycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Basingstoke UK
Posts: 32
Heylooo there!

Hey, I'm Shelley, I'm 29 and just stumbled on to this place. I'm hoping this will be less emo kiddy than vampirefreaks!! lol

I have a huge varied range of musical tastes from 60's stuff and classical to rock,goth, metal, industrial and dare i say it pop *gasp*.
If its not dance shite or hip hop crap i'll at least give it a listen

I love animals and own 17 adorable rats (10 boys and 7 girls) and 2 lovable border collies Max and Charlie.

I play guitar and love singing and writing songs. I enjoy cooking, reading, camping and taking the dogs on long walks in the woods.

Erm... thats pretty much all i can think of right now.. feel free to ask me anything
Purepsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
Alan
 
Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,940
Hip hop is not crap.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly
You fucking people [war veterans] are only a step below entitled rich kids, the only difference being you had to do and witness horrible things, instead of being given everything.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
Purepsycho
 
Purepsycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Basingstoke UK
Posts: 32
If you say so...
Purepsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #4
Alan
 
Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,940
Angelspit, A la Mode, A la Mort lyrics

Oh fashionista loving you mista
Relieve the pain, pull a little tighter
Dandy man workin' at typewriter
Head count eaten by the grinder

Nose to the grind for 8 hours of hate
Marching to the orders of the fashionist state
smacked out pretty doll rock-a-billy tats
Fake hair, Piercings and fries with that

A la mode a la mort
Constricted bound, tied up
A la mode a la mort
Held up with a rubber cup

Perfect shape through carnal bonsai
Spank the monkey 'til she bleeds peroxide
get in line roll a dollar debase
Turn to the right, attention deface

Transdermal luxury Premium hind
Modify the body, pacify the mind
Churned out grrl-bot in Stereo
Seasonal depression material

Vanity is all right, is really all right. Little miss world
miss big bang sweetie
Vanity is all right, is really all right. Miss universe
miss the point completely


colour me by numbers I'm bound to please
beautiful and deadly, the bomb shell sleaze
Literati breeds Thigh hi dogma
Gothed out malibu muther-fucker



Dead prez, We Want Freedom lyrics

I was born black, I live black,
and I'ma die probably because I'm black
because some cracker that knows I'm black
better than you nigga, is probably gonna put
a bullet in the back of my head!!

Yeah our lives fucked up, no doubt
All this shit we go through every day
Sometimes a nigga don't know what the fuck to do
But see I got my niggas
And we gon organize a people army
And we gon get control over our own lives
And I mean that shit right there from the bottom of my shit
I Ching

Yeah, yeah
Imagine havin no runnin water to drink
Chemicals contaminate the pipes leadin to your sink
Just think, if the grocery stores close they doors
And they saturate the streets with tanks and start martial law
Would you be ready for civil war
Could you take the life of somebody you know,
or have feelings for if necessary?
I got cousins in the military
But far as I'm concerned they died, when they registered

Yo, this world is oh so cold, I think about my ancestors
Being sold, and it make me wanna break the mold
Fuck the gold and the party, train yourself, clean your shottie
Tell me what you gon do to get free, we need more than MC's
We need Hueys, and revolutionaries
The niggas on the streets today, it's kinda scary
The smell around my way ain't roses or strawberries
In fact it's kinda poisonous, bringin out the boy in us
But I'ma stand up on my own, like a man do
Dominate the land and make wealth, like Fu-Manchu
Yes the peoples army stick togehther like glue
We represent the I-Ching, and to this we stand true
Military formation, anyone participation is welcome
Each one teach one, son help son
Just one gun is all it take to get it started
Livin in the wilderness of the west we cold hearted

If you don't think it could happen think again my son
Be prepared for the worst that's yet to come
We want freedom, prophecies and ancient wisdom
Cataclsym, niggas be like fuck the system

I don't wanna be no movie star
I don't wanna drive no fancy car
I just wanna be free, to live my life, to live my own life

Yeah, I'm for peace
But I'll kill ya if ya fuck with my moms or my niece
See we all want peace, but the problem is
Crackers want a bigger piece
Got it where the niggas can't get a piece
That's why police get stabbed and shot
Cuz a nigga can't eat if the ave is hot
Locked up you get three hot meals and one cot
Then you sit and rot, never even got a fair shot
That's where a whole lotta niggas end up
My man moms even got sent up, tryin to keep the rent up
When I'm bent up I think alot about the reason I'm here
I think about the things I fear in the comin years
Ahead of me, I'm ready for whatever they bring though
I'd go against a tank wit a shank for my dreams
And that's my fuckin word
One day the whole world will smoke herb
And niggas won't get took to jail for hangin on the curb






Fuck you, you condescending bitch.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly
You fucking people [war veterans] are only a step below entitled rich kids, the only difference being you had to do and witness horrible things, instead of being given everything.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #5
Spooky Spencer
 
Spooky Spencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: "Historic" River City
Posts: 327
Blog Entries: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purepsycho View Post
Hey, I'm Shelley, I'm 29 and just stumbled on to this place. I'm hoping this will be less emo kiddy than vampirefreaks!! lol
How about zombiefreaks?
__________________
~ I prefer a head-on fight to all this sneaking around.

Zombie Protest:
"What do we want?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
"When do we want it?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
Purepsycho
 
Purepsycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Basingstoke UK
Posts: 32
Wow Alan, thanks for the warm welcome. Just to point out this is MY intro thread telling you a few things i like and what i don't. If you're gonna resort to name calling just for my own opinions, then you just come over as an immature little boy with quite a complex...

And SS, no, i've not gone to zombiefreaks..
Purepsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
Spooky Spencer
 
Spooky Spencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: "Historic" River City
Posts: 327
Blog Entries: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purepsycho View Post
And SS, no, i've not gone to zombiefreaks..
Okay, so do you have a problem with zombiefreaks? As opposed to to emo kiddies.
__________________
~ I prefer a head-on fight to all this sneaking around.

Zombie Protest:
"What do we want?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
"When do we want it?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
Purepsycho
 
Purepsycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Basingstoke UK
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky Spencer View Post
Okay, so do you have a problem with zombiefreaks? As opposed to to emo kiddies.
Not at all, i've just never heard of it before so not been there, whats it like?
Purepsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #9
Spooky Spencer
 
Spooky Spencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: "Historic" River City
Posts: 327
Blog Entries: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purepsycho View Post
Not at all, i've just never heard of it before so not been there, whats it like?
Pretty much dreaming of owning a hearse, showing up at zombie walks, and stalking George Romero online.
__________________
~ I prefer a head-on fight to all this sneaking around.

Zombie Protest:
"What do we want?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
"When do we want it?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #10
Alan
 
Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purepsycho View Post
Wow Alan, thanks for the warm welcome. Just to point out this is MY intro thread telling you a few things i like and what i don't. If you're gonna resort to name calling just for my own opinions, then you just come over as an immature little boy with quite a complex...
You said hip hop was crap. I proved you wrong.
Your fault for being that close minded. You want a place that's less emo kiddy than vampirefreaks? Then grow up and join us in the use of critical reasoning. If you do so, you will fit right in. But if your first action after disparaging a group of people for being too immature is to show immaturity yourself, then why would anyone respect you?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly
You fucking people [war veterans] are only a step below entitled rich kids, the only difference being you had to do and witness horrible things, instead of being given everything.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #11
Murder.Of.Crows
 
Murder.Of.Crows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dude, I don't even know where I live anymore.
Posts: 1,269
Lol. We are anything but mature here. Also, Alan don't put yourself on a pedestal.
__________________
Caution, I may bite.
Murder.Of.Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #12
Purepsycho
 
Purepsycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Basingstoke UK
Posts: 32
Alan, if you think critical reasoning is to just post some lyrics, then i'm afraid i'm at a loss as to how that proves its good? The lyrics don't make or break a song, theres a lot of elements that make up a song.
It's my PERSONAL opinion that hip hop is crap, why do you have to get so personal when this is just MY opinion, i'm not saying that everyone who likes hip hop is crap, its just not my cup of tea!

Hello to everyone else!
Purepsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #13
Solumina
 
Solumina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Cali
Posts: 8,061
Yes, Alan was a bit over the top, he does that, but it is stupid and immature to be completely dismissive of an entire genre, especially when most people are only exposed to a small portion of that genre and most people look down on and disparage the genre as a whole because of their limited experience (and yes, there is a whole lot of amazing hip-hop that most people are completely unaware of because it will never be played on any commercial radio station).

Anyway, welcome to the boards, it is mostly a friendly place but nobody here is really into sugarcoating things so some people may seem a bit harsh until you get used to them. If you say something stupid, you will get called out on it. If you have a strong opinion on pretty much anything you will be asked to defend that opinion. If you're okay with that then stick around, if it is going to bother you then it may be best to start looking for a kinder, gentler place now.

Oh and also we don't follow the whole "everybody is entitled to their opinion" school of thought.
__________________
Live a life less ordinary
Live a life extraordinary with me
Live a life less sedentary
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #14
satanicangel66689
 
satanicangel66689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Asgard!!
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Angelspit, A la Mode, A la Mort lyrics

Oh fashionista loving you mista
Relieve the pain, pull a little tighter
Dandy man workin' at typewriter
Head count eaten by the grinder

Nose to the grind for 8 hours of hate
Marching to the orders of the fashionist state
smacked out pretty doll rock-a-billy tats
Fake hair, Piercings and fries with that

A la mode a la mort
Constricted bound, tied up
A la mode a la mort
Held up with a rubber cup

Perfect shape through carnal bonsai
Spank the monkey 'til she bleeds peroxide
get in line roll a dollar debase
Turn to the right, attention deface

Transdermal luxury Premium hind
Modify the body, pacify the mind
Churned out grrl-bot in Stereo
Seasonal depression material

Vanity is all right, is really all right. Little miss world
miss big bang sweetie
Vanity is all right, is really all right. Miss universe
miss the point completely


colour me by numbers I'm bound to please
beautiful and deadly, the bomb shell sleaze
Literati breeds Thigh hi dogma
Gothed out malibu muther-fucker



Dead prez, We Want Freedom lyrics

I was born black, I live black,
and I'ma die probably because I'm black
because some cracker that knows I'm black
better than you nigga, is probably gonna put
a bullet in the back of my head!!

Yeah our lives fucked up, no doubt
All this shit we go through every day
Sometimes a nigga don't know what the fuck to do
But see I got my niggas
And we gon organize a people army
And we gon get control over our own lives
And I mean that shit right there from the bottom of my shit
I Ching

Yeah, yeah
Imagine havin no runnin water to drink
Chemicals contaminate the pipes leadin to your sink
Just think, if the grocery stores close they doors
And they saturate the streets with tanks and start martial law
Would you be ready for civil war
Could you take the life of somebody you know,
or have feelings for if necessary?
I got cousins in the military
But far as I'm concerned they died, when they registered

Yo, this world is oh so cold, I think about my ancestors
Being sold, and it make me wanna break the mold
Fuck the gold and the party, train yourself, clean your shottie
Tell me what you gon do to get free, we need more than MC's
We need Hueys, and revolutionaries
The niggas on the streets today, it's kinda scary
The smell around my way ain't roses or strawberries
In fact it's kinda poisonous, bringin out the boy in us
But I'ma stand up on my own, like a man do
Dominate the land and make wealth, like Fu-Manchu
Yes the peoples army stick togehther like glue
We represent the I-Ching, and to this we stand true
Military formation, anyone participation is welcome
Each one teach one, son help son
Just one gun is all it take to get it started
Livin in the wilderness of the west we cold hearted

If you don't think it could happen think again my son
Be prepared for the worst that's yet to come
We want freedom, prophecies and ancient wisdom
Cataclsym, niggas be like fuck the system

I don't wanna be no movie star
I don't wanna drive no fancy car
I just wanna be free, to live my life, to live my own life

Yeah, I'm for peace
But I'll kill ya if ya fuck with my moms or my niece
See we all want peace, but the problem is
Crackers want a bigger piece
Got it where the niggas can't get a piece
That's why police get stabbed and shot
Cuz a nigga can't eat if the ave is hot
Locked up you get three hot meals and one cot
Then you sit and rot, never even got a fair shot
That's where a whole lotta niggas end up
My man moms even got sent up, tryin to keep the rent up
When I'm bent up I think alot about the reason I'm here
I think about the things I fear in the comin years
Ahead of me, I'm ready for whatever they bring though
I'd go against a tank wit a shank for my dreams
And that's my fuckin word
One day the whole world will smoke herb
And niggas won't get took to jail for hangin on the curb






Fuck you, you condescending bitch.
Umm...from what I know Angelspit's music is more cyber goth not hip-hop... >_> And I heard that song before by them so yeah.
satanicangel66689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #15
Alan
 
Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,940
Wow. The point completely flew over your head.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly
You fucking people [war veterans] are only a step below entitled rich kids, the only difference being you had to do and witness horrible things, instead of being given everything.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #16
Purepsycho
 
Purepsycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Basingstoke UK
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Oh and also we don't follow the whole "everybody is entitled to their opinion" school of thought.
No wonder theres so many arguments on here then. lol
Thanks for the heads up. I'm far from perfect but i'm happy to stick around
Purepsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #17
Solumina
 
Solumina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Cali
Posts: 8,061
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say that people won't respect your opinion if it is different from theirs, we just require that you back your shit up, especially when you make sweeping generalizations. At first a lot of people take it as the members here being mean but they aren't, for the most part the regulars are really amazing people, but they will challenge you. Even if they agree with you there are many here who will play devils advocate just to see how you support your argument.


Besides intellectual sparing on the internet is a great way to improve yourself and work out a little frustration.
__________________
Live a life less ordinary
Live a life extraordinary with me
Live a life less sedentary
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #18
satanicangel66689
 
satanicangel66689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Asgard!!
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Wow. The point completely flew over your head.
Yeah I get the point :P But really I was just pointing out that they're music is cyber goth not Hip-hop.
satanicangel66689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #19
Alan
 
Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,940
I never fucking said they were, you idiot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly
You fucking people [war veterans] are only a step below entitled rich kids, the only difference being you had to do and witness horrible things, instead of being given everything.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:08 AM   #20
Apathy's_Child
 
Apathy's_Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,732
Jilly, you're a good guy and all, but sometimes you can be a real fucking douche. You literally want to SAVE THE WORLD, yet you're prepared to write off half the individuals you meet over a single thoughtless comment (that they're probably not even that committed to until you attack them into a corner)? For a mostly philanthropic kind of guy, you don't seem to show a great deal of interest in getting the best out of people.

Welcome to the site, PP. I think Sol pretty much summed this place up (especially "It's just my opinion" being a red rag to a bull unless backed up by facts). It's mostly unmoderated here - we babysit ourselves, which means that sometimes toys get thrown out of prams. But it's a pretty good bunch of people overall.

Also, rats are awesome.
__________________
All pleasure is relief from tension. - William S. Burroughs

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:35 AM   #21
Alan
 
Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,940
It took me three years to turn Despanan around. I can't be bothered to do that with every single person that passes around here, and certainly not people who haven't shown critical thinking. After they do, I swallow my words, not before.
I think the more important question is why is the Nirvana fallacy expected to apply to me?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly
You fucking people [war veterans] are only a step below entitled rich kids, the only difference being you had to do and witness horrible things, instead of being given everything.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #22
Haejin
 
Haejin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 220
Oh alan................
Haejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:08 AM   #23
Apathy's_Child
 
Apathy's_Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,732
It's not a nirvana fallacy, it's a statement about your disregard for basic human decency and respect - the relationship between the way you treat people in everyday and your ideals is secondary to the fact that you're just plain being a dick here. Other people made the same point as you about hip hop without sinking to the level of, say, posting lyrics in support of hip hop from a band that is not a hip hop band, and being an asshole about it when someone took the perfectly legitiate step of pointing this out. I agree that principles shouldn't be subordinated to courtesy when the shit hits the fan, but let's face it, this has just turned into you throwing your goddamn weight around for the hell of it.
__________________
All pleasure is relief from tension. - William S. Burroughs

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #24
Alan
 
Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
posting lyrics in support of hip hop from a band that is not a hip hop band, and being an asshole about it when someone took the perfectly legitiate step of pointing this out.
Wow. Seriously. How can people be such fucking idiots.

She said she liked industrial. She said hip hop is crap.
I posted industrial lyrics which are shit. And I posted hip hop lyrics which are poetry.

It's not that fucking hard. Did you even read the lyrics?
Do you think I was posting the words "Literati breeds Thigh hi dogma Gothed out malibu muther-fucker" as a good thing?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly
You fucking people [war veterans] are only a step below entitled rich kids, the only difference being you had to do and witness horrible things, instead of being given everything.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #25
Grausamkeit
 
Grausamkeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,290
You lost me at "The lyrics don't make or break a song", still trying to wrap my teeny woman brain around that statement. Unless you're talking about ambient or instrumental music, the lyrics are very important. They tell the story. They impart the message.
__________________
I'd rather label myself than have a million other people do it for me. ~ Pathogen

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:39 PM.