Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:58 AM   #1
TW1991

Modern art or poor taste? Would this 'graveyard garden' offend you?

A makeshift cemetery erected in the front garden of a residential street has caused grave concern to furious neighbours.

The six gravestones lining the driveway of a house have been proclaimed as works of 'modern art' by the home-owner, but angry neighbours have branded the headstones "disgusting".

The 'Graveyard Garden' was erected in Tyne View Place, Gateshead, on October 7 in plenty of time for Halloween.

Watch the video here: http://tyneandwear.sky.com/news/arti...ith-nightmares
TW1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #2
Lilyth Von Gore

"It's C for Carol". No it's not you silly cow. Paranoid old biddy. I, personally, think those gravestones are awesome. I think those complaining need to get a sense of humor and grow a funny bone or two. It's just a bit of fun for Hallowe'en, that's all.
Lilyth Von Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:05 AM   #3
Acharis

Is this spam?

Not sure about this one... it's a little tacky to be mocked up as such an obvious graveyard, and in the front where people can see it.

(Don't get me wrong, I like the concept. Just prefer privately in the back yard and more of a peaceful vibe with faded half hidden stones. The one in the video seems like it's trying to provoke a reaction.)
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 05:38 AM   #4
sleepy

i don't know how i feel about a mock graveyard.. maybe a bit desperate. there's plenty of real ones!
sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:30 AM   #5
LovelyLunaxx

I find this lovely indeed. Art will never be understood by all, sometimes only by the few. If the graveyard is on your property...well then it is my opinion that others should calm the fuck down and go about they're own lives.
LovelyLunaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:03 AM   #6
laughing goth

Its ok, not exactly my taste but I think it is fine. I like grass and a old Wrought iron fence. People who do that are not the ones to be frightened of.
Its the ones who have body's with out grave stones in there yard...
laughing goth is offline   Reply With Quote