Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Fable 2

14 days North America until we get our hands on fable 2(17 days for Europe and 16 for Australia)!!

Who here has reserved it and like myself am already playing pub games?

How much money have you already made in the pub games.

Who here wants to do the co-op?

Note: online co-op will not be available until a week after the release through a patch due to the fact that they are having some issues with it and could not get it fixed in time for the release.

And finally the biggest question that fable asks, Who will you become?

Ooh and Stephen Fry is doing voice acting for this one!

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:34 AM   #2
Slap Your Love

Whooo Fable 2. Whooo Stephen Fryy. lol.
I'm looking forward to it a lot.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #3
Raptor

I might get this if it runs on my laptop. I'll wait for other people to get it though, the first one would have been good but it was far too easy and not very long. Thankfully I got it off ebay for a very low price. Stephen Fry is always good.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
Godslayer Jillian

The first fable blew!
It was so short. Will this one be better?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:22 AM   #5
Godslayer Jillian

Woah! Nevermind; this game is obviously much better than the first one.
Too bad it seems it's not for PC this time.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #6
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Too bad it seems it's not for PC this time.
Ah... guess I won't be getting it.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #7
Metabolik

OMG OMG OMG I love Steven Fry!!
He's awesome!
And I will probably get this game (:
After I get Fallout 3 and Far Cry2 of course. All of these games come out right near my birthday so it's all good
Old 10-09-2008, 06:33 PM   #8
Agent17

I hope it does come for the PC eventually, otherwise I will need to purchase an Xbox360 just to play this game.
Agent17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:00 AM   #9
Metabolik

Did the 1st one come out for PC?
I'm not sure, if so there's a chance it might do, if not, chances are it won't.
In any case it couldn't hurt to save up for an Xbox anyway =]
Old 10-10-2008, 10:49 AM   #10
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabolik
Did the 1st one come out for PC?
I'm not sure, if so there's a chance it might do, if not, chances are it won't.
In any case it couldn't hurt to save up for an Xbox anyway =]
The first one did come out for PC, but the official website doesn't list anything referring to a PC version for Fable 2. The PC version of the first fable came out at the same time as the xbox version so it's doubtful they're delaying it.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 10-10-2008, 04:19 PM   #11
Wednesday Friday Addams

Fable for pc came out AFTER Fable for Xbox. Just like how halo for pc came out after. The problem is that Fable promised the world but didn't deliver.
I won't jump on the fanboy bandwagon until I know it lives up to or is good enough for the hype.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #12
noveleigh

I'm very excited about this game. I wish it was coming out for PC. Until it does I'll have to borrow my boyfriends Xbox360. If he'll ever let that thing out of his sight, lol.
noveleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #13
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Friday Addams
Fable for pc came out AFTER Fable for Xbox. Just like how halo for pc came out after. The problem is that Fable promised the world but didn't deliver.
I won't jump on the fanboy bandwagon until I know it lives up to or is good enough for the hype.
I'll make sure you're the first to know how it was then so you can get on the bandwagon asap.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #14
gothlace06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
The first fable blew!
It was so short. Will this one be better?
I look forward to playing Fable 2. I agree with Jillian though that the first one was way too short. I think Fable 2 will do justice to what was left out of the first game.
gothlace06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #15
Solumina

I really liked fable (then again I got a used copy rather cheaply) and am looking forward to Fable 2 but I don't have a 360 and am not about to buy one any time soon (I do, however, have gamer friends who I know have one, as well as a reserved copy of Fable 2 and I am hoping that they will let me play theirs)
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #16
Renatus

I love how Fable 2 has replaced most of the usual horrible banners that pop out and block your browsing ability of gnet. Anyone want to team up for co-op?

Old 10-12-2008, 11:44 PM   #17
gothlace06

When I get ahold of my copy I'd be more than happy to team up with you. I'm sure novelleigh would too considering she'd be using my xbox.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:55 PM   #18
Renatus

The Fable 2 website has been updated!! It now includes new minigames which allow you to earn gold and items towards when you finally do get the game!

All you have to do is at least have an xbox live silver account which is completely free to set up, but to set one up you need a msn/hotmail account which is also completely free. Then you merely need to connect to xbox live and it'll be transferred to your xbox (after you get the game of course) for you to enjoy.

For those of you who have been to the original Fable's website you'll love this one. If not then be sure to first check out fable.lionhead.com/ and then once you're done with that go to www.fable2.com and click on "A Hero's Tale"

Old 10-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #19
gothlace06

Thanks for the link I'll definitely check it out.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:04 AM   #20
Renatus

More info- In Fable 2 there will be a character by the name of Theresa.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #21
Renatus

Got my limited collector's edition today and it is great!The combat system is easy, though I haven't gotten used to the magic controls. Business management is great. Before you ask, no I haven't had an orgy yet, but I assure you they are real.

*spoiler*Though I've only gotten as far as Oakfield (which is located at the apparent former site of Oakvale).

Old 11-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #22
Ryaken

I got it the day it came out here (The 24th) I don't mind skipping my lunch breaks if I get Fable 2 and coffee ^_^
But I think it's an amazing game, it took me ages just to pick my first spell and i'm still unsure about them. On a side note i've been told there's an achievement for the 360 called The Goth; You need to dye your hair black, have black make up and a full black costume apparently.
Ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #23
Renatus

Yep, but actually the makeup is unnecessary as I've gotten the achievement without black makeup just black clothes.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:25 PM   #24
Ryaken

I was told that in school today, too.
Yeah well... I'm keeping my make up, it looks nice!
Ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:25 PM   #25
Metabolik

I just played it :/
Was pretty disappointed, wasn't as good as I thought It'd be.
Good thing I only borrowed it from my friend and didn't waste any money on it =]