Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
DIEabolical_Vixen

you know what really irks me

Is when I'm talking to someone and they don't say words correctly . I'm not perfect , but come on people . Proper grammar was one of the first things we learn in school . There's this one word in particular that gets me . Knobles , it should be pronounced " nobles " but I have heard quit a few people say it as " kuh-nobles " . Like wtf ?!?! No you don't say the " k" its SILENT ! Another thing that pisses me off , is when people use big words to make themselves sound smart . However , when they use it incorrectly it just makes them sound even stupider than they probably really are . I can't stand not being able to have a decent conversation anymore with people . I remember this one time I watched this movie and I consider it to be a scary movie . Its called " Idiocracy " , I haven't seen it in a while so I could have mispelled the tittle . Its kind of funny but more so scary because it really seems to depict the human population fairly accurately . Check it out for yourself and tell me I'm wrong .
DIEabolical_Vixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
DIEabolical_Vixen

Sorry I mispelled " knobles " its supposed to be " knoebles " , its a campground and amusement park in Pennsylvania .
Old 06-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
Alan

1) Condescendingly complain about people who are 'clearly below me'

2) Refer to Idiocracy as fairly accurate.

That's how you make comedy right there.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
DIEabolical_Vixen

I never said I wasn't condescending , but this goes beyond that .
Old 06-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
Alan

Yeah, it goes way beyond that, even beyond your own eyes because you clearly can't see the irony here.
real classy
Old 06-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
DIEabolical_Vixen

Maybe not but I did state that I'm not perfect , so clearly I covered my bases .
Old 06-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
Alan

That's the same reasoning than the people who say "I'm not racist but" and then proceed to saying something racist.
real classy
Old 06-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
Minyaliel

I'm so sorry, dear, but my inner grammar editor is howling at your punctuation and gnashing his teeth. And I really do try not to be condescending, but why on Earth do you put spaces between your last word and the punctuation sign? *tries really hard not to step onto the special soap box reserved for students of languages and linguistics*
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #9
DIEabolical_Vixen

Ha ha ha my apologies , I went and re-read what I wrote . I did not mean to put grammar there , I was obviously talking about pronunciation . As far as my punctuation goes . That's just how I do it . Most people don't even bother to punctuate , so I make it blatantly obvious that I do .
Old 06-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
Alan

And some people just have different accents.
real classy
Old 06-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #11
AshleyO

Am I the only one here that read "knobles" as "knob-les"?

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #12
DIEabolical_Vixen

Ok but saying the " k " that is supposed to be silent in a word has nothing to do with an accent . One person tried to tell me they had a speach impediment , that has nothing to do with a speach impediment
Old 06-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #13
DIEabolical_Vixen

Again I am talking about pronunciation . Not punctuation or grammar , or spelling . I also stated I'm not perfect .
Old 06-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #14
Alan

You also used Idiocracy as a basis for your indignation which is way dumber than any pronunciation.
real classy
Old 06-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #15
AshleyO

Why you so nervous?

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #16
DIEabolical_Vixen

Your point to my refernce of the movie ? Last time I checked this is the " whining " thread so clearly I was simply complaining . Plus even though you may think I mispelled " knoebles " , you would be incorrect because that is the correct spelling of the amusement park / campgrounds . Google it .
Old 06-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #17
Alan

I didn't think anything about knoebles and your whining about it.
Scratch that; I do have a thought about it - that it's fucking stupid.
real classy
Old 06-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #18
DIEabolical_Vixen

Awe , did you get butt hurt ? Firstly I was asking you what your point was to my reference to the movie is . The rest of the comment was for the other person that has been commenting on this thread .
Old 06-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #19
Alan

lol, I love how you ask if I'm butthurt when you can't stop trying to defend yourself against us.
real classy
Old 06-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #20
DIEabolical_Vixen

Well seeings how you got all huffy puffy and dropped the f bomb it would seem as though you have gotten butt hurt . Not once have I lashed out , I have just been merely having a conversation with two people whom are on the internet . Its easy to talk like your all big bad and tough when you are sitting in front of a computer screen .
Old 06-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #21
Alan

So 'dropping the f bomb' means someone gets huffy puffy? Are you six years old?

Also, Oh snap, she's challenging me to a fist fight. Who wants to make a fund for me to go to her city?
real classy
Old 06-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #22
DIEabolical_Vixen

Wow all that time and that's the best you could come up with ? * yawns * I've grown tired of your lame responses . Get out of my thread now , please and thank you .
Old 06-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #23
Alan

It's called commuting time, dipshit. I got things to do. For future reference, the little red dot indicates when someone's online and when someone's not.
Also, it's not your thread, you bourgeois.
real classy
Old 06-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #24
ape descendant

OP: Bitches about shitty language skills...

...with shitty language skills.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #25
Grausamkeit

What is 'speach'?

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote