Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-11-2006, 09:32 PM   #151
Empty_Purple_Stars

Hollywood doesn't need to make 'Pagans' look bad.

Wanna Be 'Pagans', already make 'Pagans' look plenty bad without any assistance from Hollywood.

Ever since it became the cool new trend a few years ago, there have been Fucksticks climbing out of the woordwork, claiming to be 'Pagan'.

They just don't make a Smudge Stick big enough..

Sigh
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:11 AM   #152
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Black Roses
No one decides my fate other than me. I pretty much take the working parts of religions and mash them together into my own. I do wear a pentacle. But I'm so sick of all the people who ask me if I'm a satanist I've started hiding it under my shirt. I don't mind religions, as long as they don't advertise how everyone else is going to hell or promote ignorance. Also, Hollywood can start getting some facts right and stop making paganism look bad.
You should be ashamed of yourself for hiding your pentacle. If you're a true Pagan, then educate people who ask you about it!!!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:32 PM   #153
gasher99

wow

are you sure Anton Lavey was a puppy fucker, sure he turned countless people into satanist but isn't tat a little harsh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by polished_wolf_claws
Give the Dark Lord a break....... I mean up until anton levay glamourized Satanism only intellectuals were really followers of satanism....

....and I'm sure that Puppy fucker Levay is getting what He deserves in the great downstairs.
gasher99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 04:31 AM   #154
Cruel Intentions

I'm not one of the faithful because I don't like God. I'm not a Satanist because I don't like Satan. To me, both of them are just a bunch of power-hungry bastards after my soul. So I worship neither of them. My soul is mine, it's my most powerful asset and I will not sell it to anyone (although please feel free to sell me yours, I'm power-mad as well). I have no compunction over committing a sin if it serves my purposes, I have no compunction about "love thy neighbour" if it gains me another friend and ally.

Neither Satan nor God protects me, I am strong enough in mind to endure whatever life can through at me. My soul (and any others I accumulate) are my strength. You can shatter my bones, slit my throat, torture me, my soul will endure. It can not be physically broken. It can not be mentally broken if you are strong enough of will.

Thus, I am invincible.

"Their world will never break me. They will never desecrate my soul"
-Coffin Fodder by Cradle of Filth
Cruel Intentions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 04:47 AM   #155
Blushing Heliophobe

You do happen to have somewhat Satanistic logic though.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:30 AM   #156
Deviant Kitten

I agree with Blushing - maybe you should pick up a copy of the Satanic Bible, it might interest you! I'm no expert on Satanism, but I know that it's not about worshipping the devil; it's more about putting yourself first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel Intentions
"Their world will never break me. They will never desecrate my soul"
-Coffin Fodder by Cradle of Filth
I love the riff in that song!

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:56 AM   #157
OCD Insomnia

Well, as a neo-pagan, I do agree it gets very irritating when people ask about you penticle. But i do not hide it. When people ask, just tell them what you are in a short version, for me its "No, i am not a satanist, I'm Wiccan. Wicca is not anything like satanism." and if they ask anymore questions, tell them to find out from another source. The biggest insult so wiccans/pagans is when people call us evil or devil worshippers.
Another thing, real satanists dont think their ways are evil. Personally, i think satanism(in fad form) is a major oxymoron.
OCD Insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:17 AM   #158
OCD Insomnia

I did say "in fad form" wich is the little 8th graders who run arround saying they worship satan, pretend to put evil spells on you and know nothing about the religion. But I'm deeply sorry if I insulted anyone.
OCD Insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:42 PM   #159
Godslayer Jillian

Are there any real satanists in here? I only know aobut myself.
Anyway.... By the way, Cruel Intentions, think of this:
You're only thinking about the christian god and devil. I too, think they're just as evil and powerhungry.
But that doesn't mean that IS the real god and real devil (well, who knows?) But if you don't like that god, look for another, it may even be yourself your own redeemer.
For instance, I love my god, because my god is Love

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:59 AM   #160
Cruel Intentions

My logic is quite satanist but I wouldn't consider myself to be a satanist. Satanism implies worshipping satan (I know it doesn't but it's a strong connotation). I don't do that. I put myself first in most things. Sure if being nice wins me a friend, then it's because I value them as a friend but at the bottom of it there lies the thinking that it's much easier to get on with life when people aren't trying to make it harder.

If I have to 'sin' to achieve my goals then so be it, so long as it doesn't land me in the shit of course...

I don't know how anyone got the idea that God is a nice person who loves us.

I think this is from revalations, I know it's from the new testament

"I will strike her children dead." - God about Jezebel

Sure, Jezebel was a prostitute, not a good start but she needed rehab not a bloody curse!

I would recommend you all to a Bible. Read both testaments (or as much as you can before you have to burn it for its hyppocracy) and you'll see that God aint so nice. Some of the things he/she/it does are fucking vindictive.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:10 AM   #161
Blushing Heliophobe

Wearing a Penta doesn't make you anything. I wear a Penta, and I'm not Wiccan. I hide it so that I don't have to answer questions but I always wear it.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:40 AM   #162
Godslayer Jillian

I have an ankh in my ring, but I led my teachers in my school to believe that it's a christian cross used in the Balkans

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:43 PM   #163
Godslayer Jillian

Actually no. If they know I'm wearing something that's not christian, I might get detention for using it this whole year without telling anyone what it means.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 03-01-2006, 08:20 PM   #164
Godslayer Jillian

Wanna hear something cool?
A friend of mine went to the school library (of course, christian library) and found a book called Satanism: how to protect your child.
It talked about the satanist culture in "today's world" and how the satanist religion is attracting most teenagers and all sorts of nonesense without any sources.
It also talked about the satanist music such as Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Motley Crew, and the satanst simbols such as the Ankh, the Pentagram and Pentacle, the Swastica, and the Anarchy sign.....
We call it The Funny Book

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 03-01-2006, 08:27 PM   #165
Godslayer Jillian

If that's not sarcasm, then please explain

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 03-01-2006, 08:46 PM   #166
Circle V

If you want to see something scary, just visit one of those "Christian parents" websites. I read one of their articles about Diablo II... it was disturbing, not just because it was mindlessly condemning a game I enjoy, but because so much of it was outright lies. The writer had obviously already judged the game before so much as playing it. I can only assume that the rest of these sites are the same way.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:23 AM   #167
Cruel Intentions

That's what I hate about a lot of strong religious believers. Their religion preaches peace, acceptance and, in a general summary of every religion (possibly with the exception of satanism), be nice to the dude next to you.

However, these same people are so quick to condemn anything their religion disagrees with. They don't seem to realise that not everyone agrees with their religion.

The same thing happened with the Muslim communities and those cartoons of Muhammed.

The Christians aren't exactly rioting in the streets, let alone blowing things up over a cartoon of Jesus are they? There's been plenty of them. The Christian Chruch originally told us the world was flat. That was a bit of a boob wasn't it? However, did they burn Columbus at stake for saying it wasn't? Of course not!

Maybe I should have posted this in Politics...
Old 03-02-2006, 09:41 AM   #168
Shi'ark

Quote:
The Christian Chruch originally told us the world was flat. That was a bit of a boob wasn't it? However, did they burn Columbus at stake for saying it wasn't? Of course not!
Other then this I completely agree with you, but this is a myth. It was first mentioned in a biology of C. Columbus written by the same guy who wrote Sleepy Hollow funnily enough. There lots of old paintings that show God holding the earth, it’s a ball. I think that the roman believed that that the world was flat?

One boob that i remember well was that the sun goes round the earth and not the other way round.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:45 AM   #169
Wise Child

Hey, I'm staying out of this one. I'm English. Everyone hates us.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:53 AM   #170
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
Hey, I'm staying out of this one. I'm English. Everyone hates us.
HEY!!

You are supposed to be at the Record Store right now!!

SHOO!!

*throws Aardvark at you*
Old 03-02-2006, 09:54 AM   #171
Wise Child

I am?.... *confuseded*

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:00 AM   #172
Shi'ark

so am i now
Old 03-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #173
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:

However, these same people are so quick to condemn anything their religion disagrees with. They don't seem to realise that not everyone agrees with their religion.

The same thing happened with the Muslim communities and those cartoons of Muhammed.

The Christians aren't exactly rioting in the streets, let alone blowing things up over a cartoon of Jesus are they? There's been plenty of them.

Regardless of whether anyone believes they are right or not, in the Eyes of Muslims around the World what happened was a Blasphemy against their Prophet.

They aren't rioting because they are only slightly irritated about it, They're foaming at the mouth ENRAGED about it.

They are rioting, because what happened was the Christian Equivalent to someone drawing a cartoon of Jesus taking it in the ass.

Why SHOULD it need to make sense to anyone else but them?

NOBODY gets that fucking mad over a cartoon, for no reason.

Muslims believe it is a HUGE "Sin" to attempt to depict the Image of the Prophet Mohammed in ANY way.

Religions throughout history, have started wars for MUCH LESS.

They do realize that everyone doesn't agree with their religious views, but why should that matter to them?

It shouldn't.

They are wholly entitled to feel passionately about their beliefs, as are all of the religious groups around the world.

Of course it's going to seem Extreme to Westerners like ourselves, but our own Nation's History is full of events akin to this one.

Religious Group A pissed off Religious Group B and the next things you know people are slaughtering Mormons.

It happened time and time again.

And it will continue to happen until the Earth stops turning..

It simply doesn't make good sense to persecute another Religious Group because their beliefs don't make sense to you.

They don't have to, they only have to make sense to them.

My 1.9 Cents on the Issue.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:12 AM   #174
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
I am?.... *confuseded*
Find my post in the "On Your Knees & Confess" thread & get ready to go.

Old 03-02-2006, 10:12 AM   #175
Shi'ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Cruel Intentions:

You should also note that it's mostly the zealots that condemn everything their religion disagrees with. It's the extremists in any religion.
And these where exactly the people, who insult Islam by calling them selves Moslems, who were marching thought London a few weeks ago shouting ‘death to unbelievers’ so I think C L has a point.