Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #26
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackButterfly
Stay OFF the Godslayer!!!
I KNOW! argh im about to get out the combat boots!!!!!!!!!!! RAWR!
sorry.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:50 PM   #27
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaizabel Cray
Looking at this thread and others, it looks like om3gag0th is either trying to get a rise out of us or likes picking arguments with people. om3ga, what did you expect to get in response to the "y r u so meen to me?" post? You probably already knew that a lot of people don't like chatspeak/leet/etc. Not only can it be confusing, but many people find it to be excessively annoying. I think I've seen enough of you so far to be able to tell that you werent expecting something like "Oh, you poor baby! Here, let's talk about this so we can figure out who the meanies are and how we can get rid of them for you." That just doesn't happen. So I honestly want to know what you expected, just what point you're trying to make... I can see that youre not trying to impress us, although you are hoping your diction will have some sort of negative effect on us, whether we get annoyed by it or whether we feel beneath you. I'm going to tell you right now though that I don't feel beneath anyone. Nor do I feel above anyone. In my mind, we're all on the same level. In any case, it's silly to base superiority on what you see of someone over the internet. What are you trying to gain from all this?

One word: irony. Go look it up. Oh and you're not on my level, don't even though a lot of people could argue that we are philosophically, but there is a disconnect on our intellect here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
the fact that you had to say that makes me want to kick Mr. Verbose in the ass.

and newb, if you want us to be nice, stop trying to attemt to impress us with big words. all that does is make you look incredibly stupid.
One word again: irony.
om3gag0th666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:52 PM   #28
korinna5555

*YAWN* are you done yet???
Old 11-15-2006, 04:52 PM   #29
om3gag0th666

I don't know, are you done using punctuation like a slave to your ineptitude?
Old 11-15-2006, 04:56 PM   #30
korinna5555

oh please. i am perfectly capable of using correct punctuation, but frankly, i dont feel like it. however, if you feel that it would...make things more "acceptable" for you (your royal highness), i will gladly use proper english.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:59 PM   #31
om3gag0th666

You do? Well where is the semi-colon in that sentence? Why aren't you capable of using correct English grammar? Stop using the ellipsis like that, it's used for omission in quoted material.

ex. George Bush said, "We will get those terrorists...[terrorists]they can't win."

Or something along those lines.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:00 PM   #32
Godslayer Jillian

Actually I would ask you for punctuation and spelling too.
And, om3ga, after the idiotic leet speaking followed by the hollow comments you attempted to fill with long words, you're in no position to complain about someone's writing.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #33
korinna5555

George Bush? I knew you were stupid, but.....

May I ask your age?
Old 11-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #34
om3gag0th666

I'm in a position to talk however I please; because, unlike you I actually know what I am talking about when it comes to punctuation and grammar.

@Long words comment:

Please, you're joking right? A long word is something like: antidisestablishmentarian. Which we all know you're not, but I am.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #35
BlackButterfly

Psst... hey, you... yeah, you-- the smart-aleck!

"An ellipsis is sometimes used to indicate a pause in speech, an unfinished thought or, at the end of a sentence, a trailing off into silence. Though not technically correct, ellipses are often used in this manner for internet chat, email, and forum posts."

Therefore, if she's typing it how she would say it out loud, (technically) she used it in an acceptable manner.
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:04 PM   #36
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Actually I would ask you for punctuation and spelling too.
And, om3ga, after the idiotic leet speaking followed by the hollow comments you attempted to fill with long words, you're in no position to complain about someone's writing.
*laughs to self*
Old 11-15-2006, 05:04 PM   #37
om3gag0th666

"Though not technically correct, ellipses are often used in this manner for internet chat, email, and forum posts."

That's straight from your own post, read the whole definition, troglodyte.

Quote:
*laughs at self*
Fixed.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:07 PM   #38
korinna5555

I was not laughing at myself, I was laughing at what Godslayer had said. Therefore it would be "to self".
Old 11-15-2006, 05:09 PM   #39
NME

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3gag0th666
Oh and you're not on my level, don't even though a lot of people could argue that we are philosophically, but there is a disconnect on our intellect here.
So you admit that you are that low on the ladder. Concession accepted.
NME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:09 PM   #40
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Please, you're joking right? A long word is something like: antidisestablishmentarian. Which we all know you're not, but I am.
I'm really curious; what church are you in favor of being recognized as official for your state?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:11 PM   #41
BlackButterfly

Quote:
"Though not technically correct, ellipses are often used in this manner for internet chat, email, and forum posts."

That's straight from your own post, read the whole definition, troglodyte.
Yes, the post I was editing while you were apparently stooping down to the level of name-calling. Speaking of which, doesn't instigative name-calling make you a troglodyte as well?
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
Old 11-15-2006, 05:11 PM   #42
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by NME
So you admit that you are that low on the ladder. Concession accepted.
I guess you can't read, try reading it again you'll realize that you just proved my point. Must be hard holding that spittle bucket to your chin and crapping in a bucket, moron.

@church:

I think it's necessary, people need a way to reason why their life sucks. Napolean had a good idea, and I have to agree with it. If people believe God willed their misery, they will accept it and not rise up. Nationalism is becoming the new God though, so I am kind of split on the issue.

Regardless, people need a reason why they suck at life. God is the best one a person can give to an illogical and irrational person.

Quote:
Yes, the post I was editing while you were apparently stooping down to the level of name-calling. Speaking of which, doesn't instigative name-calling make you a troglodyte as well?
Not name calling, you are what you are.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:14 PM   #43
NME

Quote:
I guess you can't read, try reading it again you'll realize that you just proved my point. Must be hard holding that spittle bucket to your chin and crapping in a bucket, moron.
Can you really be so stupid that you failed to recognize what I was doing?

Actually, forget it. We already know that you are.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:16 PM   #44
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
And you are no arbiter to decide who and what she is. So, yes. It was name-calling.
Going back to the antidisestablishmentarianism; I couldn't help but feel you were trying to insult me by saying that I'm not an antidisestablishmentarian.
Why should I be one?
Government and Religion should never mix. The government has no power to make us believe a non-existent entity.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 11-15-2006, 05:16 PM   #45
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by NME
Can you really be so stupid that you failed to recognize what I was doing?

Actually, forget it. We already know that you are.
I know what you were doing, you were aiming a quip at me, but you disregarded the fact I was subtlely calling you my inferior. Then you change your paradigm to the antithesis of what it was, now I am your inferior? Why don't you read "how to make interweb arguments for dummies"?

@Government and religion married together:

It's a good thing, people feel safer this way, and are easier to manipulate. I'm a bit antisocial and a utilitarian at heart. Whatever way a person can be persauded, or in many cases, coerced into doing the most awful things imaginable is a great thing.

A good person only does evil things for religion. Sometimes you have to solly your hands to get it done.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:24 PM   #46
korinna5555

have you all seen the kid's introduction yet? its about as amusing as this thread.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:27 PM   #47
NME

The more you talk (or type, as the case may be), the more you prove to us that you are a complete and utter idiot.

Undoubtedly, your next post will prove it.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:27 PM   #48
om3gag0th666

To more you talk? You proved you can't speak English, congratulations. More irony please.

Quote:
have you all seen the kid's introduction yet? its about as amusing as this thread.
ALMOST as amusing as the fact you use the possesive form of it instead of the conjunction of it is. Hahahaahahaha...

--

An entire forum against me, hilarious.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:28 PM   #49
BlackButterfly

Quote:
[/color=royalblue]Oh, well, then you have me pegged all wrong:

I DEFINITELY don't live in a cave...

I don't have any reclusive habits that I can think of (I'm pretty social)...

...and (although my vocabulary is probably on par with yours, but I don't care to compare)

since I actually know how to talk to people without talking DOWN to them, and originally tried to help you look less like an asshat (the help you refuse to accept, apparently...), I don't think "trying to help" would be considered an "outmoded or reactionary attitude"...

As for YOU on the other hand, I can't say anything about where you live, or your habits, but I CAN say that you are showing outmoded AND reactionary attitudes (by basically doing the verbal equivalent of the masculine "Flexing to show how big and important I am" ritual)...

...so you know what? I'm done with you. You don't impress me, and I make it a point in my life not to deal with vocabulary elitists. So, henceforth, my acknowledgement of your existence is hereby rescinded.[/color]

c130
Old 11-15-2006, 05:29 PM   #50
korinna5555

yep. NME, i think you can predict the freaking future.