Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:26 AM   #1
Ben Lahnger

Upcoming Movie - The Social Network

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming movie "The Social Network", due out in theaters in the United States on October 1st, 2010. The subject of the creation of Facebook is worthy of some scrutiny. The plot, via IMDB:
On a fall night in 2003, Harvard undergrad and computer programming genius Mark Zuckerberg sits down at his computer and heatedly begins working on a new idea. In a fury of blogging and programming, what begins in his dorm room soon becomes a global social network and a revolution in communication. A mere six years and 500 million friends later, Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest billionaire in history... but for this entrepreneur, success leads to both personal and legal complications.
Or, as the movie tagline puts it, "You don't get to 500 million friends without making a few enemies."

I'm looking forward to it because it's directed by David Fincher (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Zodiac, Panic Room, Fight Club, Se7en), so I know it should be an engaging movie.

I'm looking forward to it because the screenplay was written by Aaron Sorkin (Charlie Wilson's War, The West Wing, The American President, Malice, A Few Good Men), so I know the dialog is going to interesting. Sorkin, like Mamet, is unusual in the way he writes and paces dialog. Most screenwriters slow conversations down from how they occur in real life, in order to make sure an audience can follow. Sorkin says, "Catch up. Pay attention." I like that.

I'm also looking forward to it because it features original music from Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross.

Here's the latest trailer for the film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq27k6njR40\

Peter Travers of Rolling Stone says "**** - The movie of the year that also brilliantly defines the decade." So I'm eager to see if it lives up to that billing.

And, for fun, here's a spoof trailer someone put together that is pretty darned funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5o4UzfZsZI

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote