Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:01 PM   #26
upir lichy

again another one i need to look up!
upir lichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #27
Lord Morozco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
There is a rule - if naked bodies are shown in the first five minutes of a movie then generally it's going to be a bad movie.
Case and point: Satan's Slave. Not even Michael Gough playing a Satanic Priest could save that shlock.

You heard me. Michael Gough from Batman, plays a Satanic Priest (it's only awesome in the first 5 minutes of the movie though)
Lord Morozco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #28
Lydia Deetz

Do I have to say it?

Mother. Fucking. Twilight.

I do like that Stephanie Meyer tried to do something different, but like with many things; it isn't always a good thing.

Vampires. Do. Not. Sparkle.

And they sure as hell don't do it in sunlight. Making vampires able take sunlight takes away one of the main things that makes them dark. In my mind, vampires will always be blood thirsty, creatures of darkness hidden under a deadly beauty to lure you into a false sense of security and lust who, unlike werewolves, kill elegantly rather brutally.

Also, there is no such thing as a vegetarian vampire. Draining animals is no different from draining humans. Blood is blood.

Ugh, I'm ranting, but this Twilight trend has made me keep a distance from vampires for a while. I'm just tired of being asked about it just because I'm goth. Hell, I have standards.
Lydia Deetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #29
OnyxBat

OMG you are so gaw-thick.

And you know what, I am tired of people bitchin about twilight. NO ONE FUCKING CARES, so just shut it and stop talking about it.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:06 PM   #30
Saya

Bram Stoker's Dracula, the one with Keanu Reeves and Gary Oldman.

Yes, I said it.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:26 PM   #31
OnyxBat

I didn't get a chance to see that one, but gary oldman looks like star...the things I want to do to him...*drifts off*.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #32
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Bram Stoker's Dracula, the one with Keanu Reeves and Gary Oldman.

Yes, I said it.
I would run off with Gary oldman in this movie, despite me being a Keanu fan. Maybe it's the idea of living in a castle with a freaky looking guy - yeah that's definately it. I felt sorry for Drac in this one.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #33
Saya

That's why its so terrible! You shouldn't!
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:01 AM   #34
Lydia Deetz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxBat View Post
OMG you are so gaw-thick.

And you know what, I am tired of people bitchin about twilight. NO ONE FUCKING CARES, so just shut it and stop talking about it.
No, I'm goth. I grew out of trying score "goth points" a long time ago.

Also, this is a thread to tell about vampires movies people think that are the worst to them. Meaning, this is a topic based purely on opinion, like many other topics on this entire forum. So, I gave my opinion. An opinion that you can agree or disagree with all you want. I don't care either way.

That's just me setting the record straight to you. Don't think for a moment you've hurt my feelings or tried to piss me off. You're not even worth it. I've seen your comments around here and can see that you are an immature child who sucks up to everyone, still has a lot of growing up to do, and has not seen the real world yet.

That's all I have to say and am going to hang around here some more then go back to my life.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:52 AM   #35
OnyxBat

"goth point" get over your self. Anyone would know that twilight is not really a vampire movie also it is not WORTH mentioning about. I bet you never heard of sarcasm. I really was not aiming to hurt your feeling just to let you know.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:11 AM   #36
Lydia Deetz

How about you get over the fact that Twilight is a vampire movie (even if it's a crappy one)?

I have heard of sarcasm(I practically live by it) and I know when it's being used for humor or as a highly thin diguise of an insult. So yes, play innocent all you want, but I'm not stupid. You were trying to hurt my feelings and/or piss me off(which you didn't by the way, but I refuse to be told that I'm not allowed to have an opinion. Hell no).

Anyway, I'm dropping this before it becomes an unnecessary argument and ruins this thread for everyone else(like so many other threads I've seen).
Old 11-15-2010, 12:47 PM   #37
OnyxBat

Yeah say whatever you want I really don't give a damn.
Well this is what I get for talking to nutjobs.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #38
Murder.Of.Crows

To be honest, I don't think I've seen a a vampire movie that i liked. They all have something i find wrong with them. The only one that came close was Interview with vampire. Don't get me wrong, i love vampires, a friggin lot. But, there is always something wrong with Hollywood's takes on them. And i would've rather liked Twilight for not the whole sparkly thing.
Murder.Of.Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #39
OnyxBat

I get what you mean, if you watch a vamp movie then it looks like any other vamp movie but if they change some thing then it's strange. So if you have seen different Dracula movies and they change some thing to make it more modern then yes it does ruin it. (sometimes)
Old 03-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #40
erotomaniac87

"The Night Flier" (based on Stephen King's short story) was pretty bad. Has anyone seen "Salem's Lot" (based on Stephen King's novel) by any chance?
Old 03-25-2011, 08:50 PM   #41
erotomaniac87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
To be honest, I don't think I've seen a a vampire movie that i liked. They all have something i find wrong with them. The only one that came close was Interview with vampire. Don't get me wrong, i love vampires, a friggin lot. But, there is always something wrong with Hollywood's takes on them. And i would've rather liked Twilight for not the whole sparkly thing.
What about "Nosferatu" or "Dracula" with Bela Lugosi?
Old 03-31-2011, 12:07 PM   #42
Daywalker

The top of the list needs to be: Suck (2009) with Alice Cooper and Iggy Pop , and Malcolm McDowell. A big FUCKINGwaste of time. What the hell was Malcolm McDowell thinking. He is a great actor but what the hell was he thinking.
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #43
Aphra

I think the best vampire movies were Bram Storkers Dracula with Gary Oldman, Interview with a Vampire, John Carpenter's Vampires with James Woods & To Die For (1988) with Brendan Hughes. The worst vampire I ever seen was Tale of a Vampire with Julian Sands. I liked him better in Warlock!
Aphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:06 AM   #44
Storm

My favorite vampire movie is Bram Stoker's Dracula with Gary Oldman. I loved how true it was to the book, since I read the book before watching any Dracula movies. A really bad vampire movie in my opinion is Vampires: The Turning. It was puke. About as bad as Twilight, but less drama and worse special effects.
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #45
Isis

Not a fan of the Twilight movies. Oh, and Blade... I don't understand the appeal of that series at all. I only watched a small portion of it though - so maybe I just missed all the remotely decent parts?
Isis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #46
satanicangel66689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia Deetz View Post
Do I have to say it?

Mother. Fucking. Twilight.

I do like that Stephanie Meyer tried to do something different, but like with many things; it isn't always a good thing.

Vampires. Do. Not. Sparkle.

And they sure as hell don't do it in sunlight. Making vampires able take sunlight takes away one of the main things that makes them dark. In my mind, vampires will always be blood thirsty, creatures of darkness hidden under a deadly beauty to lure you into a false sense of security and lust who, unlike werewolves, kill elegantly rather brutally.

Also, there is no such thing as a vegetarian vampire. Draining animals is no different from draining humans. Blood is blood.

Ugh, I'm ranting, but this Twilight trend has made me keep a distance from vampires for a while. I'm just tired of being asked about it just because I'm goth. Hell, I have standards.
I think the vampires in Twilight are Fairies lol. Twilight shouldn't even be considered a vampire movie.
satanicangel66689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #47
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia Deetz View Post
Also, there is no such thing as a vegetarian vampire...
I kinda think the idea of a finicky vampire would be awesome (maybe a plasmatarian or something). The fact that a vampire is convinced to go against their nature is kinda cool, but only if they did it as a preference of vintage, not because they didn't believe in killing.

Vampire #1: "That hunter has a stake! Kill him!"

Vampire #2: (kills hunter, discards the body)

Vampire #1: "What are you doing? That's a perfectly good meal you're throwing away...!"

Vampire #2: (scoffs) "I only prefer blue bloods. He's... icky."

Zombie Protest:
"What do we want?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
"When do we want it?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:53 AM   #48
Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky Spencer View Post
I kinda think the idea of a finicky vampire would be awesome (maybe a plasmatarian or something).
Ha, there actually are a few Vampires like that in the Vladimir Tod books. A whole series about them would be quite interesting though.

You know, now that I think of it the whole "vegetarian Vampire" concept in Twilight could just be the author's way of describing fledgelings. I can't help but notice the similarities. I kinda doubt it though, because there could only be a few reasons the author wouldn't actually call them fledgelings.
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #49
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Ha, there actually are a few Vampires like that in the Vladimir Tod books. A whole series about them would be quite interesting though.

You know, now that I think of it the whole "vegetarian Vampire" concept in Twilight could just be the author's way of describing fledgelings. I can't help but notice the similarities. I kinda doubt it though, because there could only be a few reasons the author wouldn't actually call them fledgelings.
Also White Wolf's Vampire the Masquerade, and Vampire the Requiem have the Ventrue, a sort of upper class ruling vampire clan. They vomit if they drink anything less than blue blood.

Blue blood actually traces back to the old Spanish practice of having the nobility show the veins on their wrists in order to prove that they have not had their bloodline tainted by Moorish blood (the moors being dark skinned muslim invaders).

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #50
Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanicangel66689 View Post
I think the vampires in Twilight are Fairies lol. Twilight shouldn't even be considered a vampire movie.
Ha, I kind of think of them as fairies as well. Not the kind of fairies I like, but fairies all the same.
Isis is offline   Reply With Quote