Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:23 PM   #1
eddiethreat

introducing...

hi, my names eddie. I play keys for myparasites and the harvest. i also am the singer/programmer in viktim. Its nice to find we have touched some people, and we look forward to seeing you around.

-eddie

Underwater Ophelia 01-26-2008 03:45 PM
Oh no...you listen to My Parasites?

I'm listening to the Stones. The Rolling Stones.

Xombie 01-26-2008 03:50 PM
Avril 14th - Aphex Twin.

No, but they were another band at the Vicious Alliance show. The only people there to see them were their friends. Hah. They don't have fans, I don't think. I wonder why!

korinna5555 01-26-2008 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xombie
Every Time We Fuck - My Parasites

FUNNY SONG.

Jaws' son is ADORABLE. I want to steal him.

Underwater Ophelia 01-26-2008 04:01 PM
I feel bad for the kid. Jaws is a fucking dumbass.

Xombie 01-26-2008 04:05 PM
Christmas 2001 - C/A/T

He's dumb, but he's pretty fun. I mean, he is...nice?

Underwater Ophelia 01-26-2008 04:08 PM
He's not even nice. He's pretty much just a jackass. In my opinion, anyway.

Where in PA are you, Xomb?

Xombie 01-26-2008 04:10 PM
Hah. Well, every time I've talked to him it was pretty friendly. He was being particularly nice last night. Oh, well.

I'm pretty close to Allentown. I used to go to the Sterling every week. Now it's only about once a month. There are never any good shows anymore.

Underwater Ophelia 01-26-2008 04:13 PM
You live fairly close to me. And Badteccy and HauntedHouse.
Do you ever go to Nocturne?

Xombie 01-26-2008 04:18 PM
Destillat - Das Ich

Never. I don't ever get the opportunity to get down there. Maybe once I start driving I'll check it out.

Underwater Ophelia 01-26-2008 04:21 PM
If you use AIM, give it here!!!

korinna5555 01-26-2008 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I feel bad for the kid. Jaws is a fucking dumbass.

Have you seen the picture of the baby with a gun?

badteccy 01-26-2008 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
FUNNY SONG.

Jaws' son is ADORABLE. I want to steal him.

Actually it's really not a funny song.
First of all, "Everytime We Touch" has been sampled out the ass by numerous electronic bands, so sampling it ceases to be original. Also "Everytime We Fuck" is completely unoriginal and shitty. MyParasites is really crappy and I'd honestly rather listen to Angelspit than it.
Also, I have hung out with Jaws once...he was a pretentious dick who didn't talk to me (I'm assuming because I didn't have hairfalls in or some shit).
I feel terrible sorry for his child. He made a myspace for his kid (which I think is terrible, why would you put pictures of your infant all over the internet, and he even has a picture of his baby with a gun...wtf?). He also is conceited as hell, which I find hilarious because he seems pretty vapid to me.

Hmm, I think I should chill.
eddiethreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
ionic_angel

Er...I think this is another one of those posts where I go "er..what?"

Welcome...I think.
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
Xombie

I think it's strange when I talk to somebody online that I could potentially see in person [again]. You owe me a hug, yeah?
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:55 PM   #4
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiethreat
Hmm, I think I should chill.
And you should do so with the quickness.
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
eddiethreat

actually, i didnt write "i think i should chill."

i cut and paste the people that were discussing my band. figured it would be easier to move it over here, and continue where it was left off.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:05 PM   #6
eddiethreat

and thank you for the "welcome" message, and the hug one.

We're actually really nice guys in the band, just ya know, i mean, i don't get mad if people tell mom jokes and shit like that, but especially from this scene, talking shit on a baby was unexpected.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:07 PM   #7
Xombie

Honestly, I think it was less shit spoken about the baby and more shit spoken about the father. =X

Anywho, calm down, chill out, and think of rainbows and shit, you know.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #8
eddiethreat

im plenty calm. just because i came to a board to talk to the people that were talking about us doesn't mean im mad. It just shows that talking shit on the internet is a little different than talking shit in a club or in your moms basement.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:17 PM   #9
ionic_angel

Yup. I'm really missing something. Well, anyway, if you know Xombie, you must be cool. Welcome. :-)
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:20 PM   #10
eddiethreat

dont know her. However we did play an event called "Xombie Ball" in Pittsburgh, maybe shes a fan?
Old 03-19-2008, 06:22 PM   #11
Xombie

Right, so don't worry about what's being said over the web. I mean, opinions expressed over the internet are no less legit than spoken words, and both should be taken into consideration.

Let me be completely and totally honest; the music could improve. I bought your wimpy five-dollar (haha) CD because I wanted to see if it sounded any better than the live performance. FRANKLY, it didn't sound much better. Hah. But that can be worked on. However, I think personal attacks toward Jaws and how he raises his kid were unnecessary. But, hey, let people judge. It's their own flaw and they can deal with the not-so-positive outcomes.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:24 PM   #12
eddiethreat

you didnt think the live performance was good? how so?
Old 03-19-2008, 06:32 PM   #13
Xombie

I thought the show was fun. There was a lot of energy and it was just a really great time. The vocals, however, throw me off a little. I think the music's all right (although I would like the beats to be a little stronger), but the vocals just KILL me. Whatever voice distorter you guys use (you do use one, right?), I just don't like it. One girl's opinion right here.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #14
eddiethreat

the beats weren't pounding electro because we used a real drummer, so its a different sound.

Jaws didnt really use alot of effects that show, he just screamed his face off like a rockstar, i thought it sounded bad ass.

That was also our second show with the new line up, being that we are really playing our instruments it takes time to gel. check us out again, youll probably like it better.

there ya go though, i like your last answer of "i just don't like it"., which is great, we arent for everyone, not in the least.

Id rather hear, "i dont like them", than that we suck. ive been playing for too long to be told i suck. ya might not like what i play, but im hardly a sucky keyboard player.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #15
Stormtrooper of Death

My band is much more noisy. Much noisier.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:17 PM   #16
eddiethreat

im gonna check ya out now, S.O.D, look forward to hearing your tunes, whats the myspace for your mp3s?

all of us in myparasites all have other projects too, and they all sound different.

we have stuff at

myspace.com/myparasites

myspace.com/viktim

myspace.com/theharvestindustrial
Old 03-19-2008, 07:23 PM   #17
Stormtrooper of Death

Here's a few things:

1. We're undeground, we're sticking that way so no Myspazz, we're going to make a DIY newsletter and send it out.
2. We record on analog on cassette tapes, I don't like mp3s.
3. We're a UK82/Japanoise/Japanese 80's hardcore punk sounding band
4. We're the BLEEDING OVARIES
Old 03-19-2008, 07:30 PM   #18
eddiethreat

but it costs more to make a newsletter, than to get a free website like myspace. yer kinda missing the punk rock point, of getting your message at by any means necessary, right?

i mean, don't get me wrong, i used to do the same thing. I was running a TEAC reel to reel 4 track with my punk bands. ALl the guys in viktim are from other punk bands. we pressed 7's for our old bands, played squats in west philly, we did everything, but i mean, mp3s are way cheaper than pressing 7's.

id have to look into it, but i bet theres a myspace for rudimentary peni and all those crass bands. i wouldnt be surprised if profane existence didnt have a myspace.

lets see if merzbow has one, i bet hes got one.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #19
eddiethreat

yup,

myspace.com/merzbow

myspace.com/rudimentarypeniofficial

myspace.com/xfluxofpinkindiansx

myspace.com/thepoisongirls

im not trying to bust balls or nothing, i havnt even thought about crust punk or anything in years,
Old 03-19-2008, 07:36 PM   #20
eddiethreat

oh cool, conflict has a myspace, im gonna fuckin add them now. they were one of my favourite 'crass bands'. them and rudimentary peni, absolutly.

shit, you got me going, im gonna be on a crust punk kick for a month now, then ill probably torture everyone by moving on to NON, and throbbing gristle, ahah,,
Old 03-19-2008, 07:38 PM   #21
Stormtrooper of Death

I want to do it my way. I like to do it myself, because it feels better to me, that's all. We're only doing cassettes. Plus I don't know if this is going to work out, I've got 2 other bands I play bass in, Blood Cunt (a friend's crust punk band, he needed a bassist) and I might be playing bass in Promethius. I just don't like myspace, that's all.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:49 PM   #22
eddiethreat

haha, blood cunt. thats awesome. i was in a grindcore band called X-PLoding Cunt Fucker in highschool, hahaha. XCF!!!

ya cant beat a band with cunt in the title, if you had a myspace, youd be top 8 now
Old 03-19-2008, 08:09 PM   #23
Xombie

Welllll, at the very same show*, Tim played live drums for Vicious Alliance and THAT sounded pretty damn hard (until the kit fell apart). No excuse, buddy!

Hah. But no, none of you "suck." I just think you need to work on combining your skills better. It sounds almost messy to me.

*Sterling Hotel, I can't remember the date. I was wearing a polka-dotted dress. =P
Old 03-19-2008, 08:22 PM   #24
eddiethreat

vicious alliance are nice guys, you cant goad me into saying anything bad about them.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:33 PM   #25
Xombie

Oh, I know. They're all great people, and very sweet. I wouldn't say anything bad about them either. Fucking great music, too.