Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 01-02-2006, 11:59 PM   #26
missbites

I listen to techno alot, and various different genres of music as well, metal is also one of them. Everyone is different, you dont have to listen to only metal. In my opinion, only listening to a one specific genre can get easily booring, and can make someone slightly closed minded.
missbites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:13 PM   #27
God of Death

yes u should

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Whispers
hi im a newbie to this site and i want to know if you think a goth should or should not listen to metal.....
yes, too be a real goth SHOULD listen to metal, .....im not a noob here i have not been on for a long time
God of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:16 PM   #28
God of Death

i listen to all metal, i like underground rap, rock....but if u dont like metal then kool, .... i know music does matter like what ever turns u on
God of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 12:30 AM   #29
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Death
yes, too be a real goth SHOULD listen to metal, .....im not a noob here i have not been on for a long time

Would it be too much to ask you to spell correctly and capitalize as needed?
It would perhaps add a bit of truth and validity to your "not a n00b" statement.

Of all the classis rock bands my favorite has to be Aerosmith, Steven Tyler creams my pants... he's so ugly it's sexy. Not to mention his singing is seductively fun.
He's almost androgynous at times, perhaps that is the quality I love, who knows.... (maybe that's why I love Bowie too?)
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:24 AM   #30
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Death
i listen to all metal, i like underground rap, rock....but if u dont like metal then kool, .... i know music does matter like what ever turns u on

Not a noob huh? Well then you'll know to spell 'u' propaly then won't you,
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:31 AM   #31
JuliaGaltic

When you're gothic you know it. If anyone tells you otherwise, you tell them to fuck off.
If you have to ask, then probably not huh?
Old 01-05-2006, 10:23 AM   #32
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
You know what makes me gothic? Not that I listen to metal music. Actually, it's the fact that I shit bats.
I love you, X.

... the only metal I've ever really liked was Kovenant and Gothminister type stuff, and that's like cyber-metal crossover. It's not that I have anything against metal, it's just not my thing. I'mnot going to get on anyone about metal being so "UNGOTH" because the majority of the music to which I listen is Industrial and EBM.

... You have to be atheist and gay to be goth?! Holey shit, I'm I'm a thirteen year-old tennybopper!
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:33 AM   #33
Darkdruid

There is more of a crossover now between the metal culture and the Goth culture than there was. As a long haired biker I stood out at Nephilim gigs, for example, back in the 80s. Now we have people who think you have to listen to metal to 'be Goth'. Personally I listen to all sorts of music and don't think that it matters.
Darkdruid is offline   Reply With Quote