Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
Toy Killer

Hide your Toys! Toy Killer Cometh!

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I'm currently enlisted in the U.S. Navy, I've been in for about a year, and i'm on a carrier, for security reasons, I'm not telling which one exactly.

2. Where are you from?
Wisconsin, we have cows, beer and cheese... mostly cows though...

3. Who is your favorite author?
Emily Dickinson.

4. What are your favorite films?
Fight Club is definately up there, but I have numerous, including Ghost Dog, Crow and Batman Begins...

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Quite frankly, I'm not sure if I'm ready to be planing that far ahead on something that's not definate... I mean, I just came to this website, and I'm not really ready for that level of commitment.

6. At your funeral?
Blue Oyster cult: Don't fear the reaper...

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I'd like to have a full journal, filled with stories of my life, people whom have affected my existance, tales and morals that I have have lived by, left under a miniture anchor where I jumped overboard.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
The ocean itself will suffice.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I have a shirt I canniblized to existance. It was a seamless shirt, which I promptly put seams into as to help it fit my body better. I screen pressed a repeating fractal spine onto it and fashioned long whispy strips of white cloth enveloping it. Shreaded the bottom and wore either a red or white t-shirt underneith. really, any pants or coat i wore with it was fine. I ended up experimenting with skewers in the shirt (centered in the pex and out across my shoulders, but it looked way to tacky and ended up causeing a lot of damage to the material.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
I use to work at Chuck E Cheeses. I loved it, worked there for three years, and seeing kids grow up like that made me really miss the fact of how fast time develops and snaps up on you.

11. What's your favorite band?
Adema

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I have taken a few art courses, mostly painting and drawing, but after highschool, I never attended school, and just studied lititure independantly...

13. Why did you join?
since I've joined the Navy, I feel very dissassociated from the gothic crowd, I'm in the very tiny sliver that overlaps Goth and Military

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Male
Toy Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
KontanKarite

Wow, you remind me of me when I was going through HM school. Except you had the courage of your convictions. I on the other hand, THOUGHT I knew what mine were.

Anyway, welcome to the forums. You are deff one of the more interesting newbies to come around for a long time. I too want a journal or book with short stories about all of the adventures I've gone through.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:17 PM   #3
Toy Killer

I blame my convictions and the courage to go through with them on raw teen angst! :rock fist: I use to drive my teachers insane by diliberately getting a C in all my classes. I used to do the math on my math exams and test to figure out what I needed to not have to do any homework and get that rock solid C.

Cuz I was fighting the man! You can't assess someone's work attitude on arachaicly structured school grades!

However, Colleges do assess work ethics on exactly that. leaving me with no real scholarship options and I'll be damned if I let myself go into debt for college... so I joined the Navy and it's all been gravy from there.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
HAHA! another person from Wisconsin who is also military! You missed out on all the flooding! I'm not exactly military yet I'm shipping off to army basic training down in fort benning, though we don't know when yet since we had a last min thing come up that forced us to reschedule basic. My father and my youngest aunt on my mother's side are both Lt. Colonels in the army. Oddly enough I have the same last name as the top captain of WWII (I bet somone on the carrier has heard of him).

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:58 PM   #5
Toy Killer

ohh... Army? Esh... Prepare to be yelled at... Alot...

My A-school was on an army base, I met alot of disgruntled soldiers, once I got out to the fleet, I met a bunch of disgruntled sailors too, but soldiers seem to catch on alot earlier...

Best of luck to you, though! Remember, Bootcamp is made to be passed, just stay calm, out of sight, and be where you need to be on time and in the right uniform.

I have heard about the flooding, my hometown is right on the border of the might mississip.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:35 PM   #6
Pantherlette086

Welcome to the board!! You seem interesting.
Pantherlette086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:36 PM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

You're wonderful.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #8
Toy Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherlette086
Welcome to the board!! You seem interesting.
I'd like to think granite walls have nothing on me, yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
You're wonderful.
Ha! you've never even seen me double quote in a single post...

Okay, now you can say I'm wonderful.