Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:01 AM   #1
DiscardtheDay

Pleaset allow me to introduce myself

Well it's come to this has it? I have been a Goth since 1989 and us old men don't know how to use these infernal machine's. we are afraid it will steal our soul's. By the way get off my lawn!!!!

Anyhow I am Philip the keyboardist for Salt lake based band Discard the Day. I like 2nd wave gothic bands with lots of real guitars. Sisters, Fields of the Nephilim, Old Rosetta stone anything with swirly guitars makes me a happy camper. I also like 1st wave stuff like The Cure and Bauhaus and Siouxsie and others. I have also discovered bands like Tiamat and Moonspell, I think they take the style first created Sisters and Fields of the Nephilim and push it to new extremes.

Basicaly if its dark and atmospheric I like it. But it better not be too loud or it will wake me from my 2pm nap.( damn kids and their rock music WTF are they listening on the radio anyhow. Back in my day we listened to real music.)
When it comes to fashion I mostly just walk around in a Sisters Shirt. However not long ago when dinosaurs walked the earth I used to go full vampiric Romanto goth. Now I look silly with makeup so I do without it. I am however looking into the Steampunk style. Been watching a lot of Abney Park videos. It seem's to be a fresh style and not overplayed yet. Might go steampunk when DTD has its first show within a few months.

Oh I am also into Magick Spirituality, Spooky Horror, Science fiction and Fantasy, Comics and anything with giant Robots.

Well thats me I bid you adieu.

P.S. I see I am Listed as a Babygoth LOL thats really funny.
DiscardtheDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:17 AM   #2
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Welcome, fellow old timer.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote