Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #4526
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Did you not use any contraceptives at all Pineapple? Or did what you used fail?
I was on the pill for years on and off, because it would give me really wicked headaches while I was on it. Told the doc and he said it was a sign of stroke and that I shouldn't take them anymore, so I quit. Been using regular rubbers and whatnot but one busted and I couldn't get Plan B until late the next day. I figured it would be alright 'cause it's supposed to be effective up to like 140 hours later (even though the chances of pregnancy increases per day), but I guess I got to it too late. It's my fault, when you look at it like that but I had to go to work. I can't skip or be late-I'd be fired.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #4527
Saya

No, I would have assumed you were in the good time range too. But yeah there's not a whole lot of easy, effective non-hormonal birth control methods aside from condoms.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #4528
JCC

My girlfriend's on the implant and that makes her have a continuous period and when she took the pill to stop the bleeding it made her go into a catatonic state of despair. Can't wait for this 'man-pill' they're apparently producing.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #4529
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
My girlfriend's on the implant and that makes her have a continuous period

I'm on the implant also, and while I don't get a continuous period it does make it last a hell of a lot longer which is very annoying. It's much lighter though.And on top of that my boyfriend and I still use condoms.

I've never been offered an extra pill to stop the bleeding though. Did she have to have the implant removed and then take the pill? - as in the usual contraceptive pill - Or take it as well as the implant?

I really REALLY detest children. To the point I have got off the bus on quite a number of occasions and walked the rest of the way, because I couldn't hack the screaming little bastards for a second longer ( and I had my mp3 as loud as I could bear without destroying my eardrums)

They are utterly vile in my eyes. I can't spend more than about 10 minutes in a room with my 2.5 year old niece without clenching my teeth and fighting the urge to break something. I have to leave the room .

My doctor refused me a sterilisation
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #4530
Saya

I'm off and on the pill myself, I can't seem to find one that I can tolerate. They make my periods last longer and heavier, and I get incredibly moody, which I do not appreciate, so when I'm not in a relationship I don't take any. I've been meaning to try a new one lately though since I got prescription coverage again.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:24 PM   #4531
KontanKarite

Quote:
Did you not use any contraceptives at all Pineapple? Or did what you used fail?
This is a terrible god damned question. Situation. PJ has a bun in the oven. What the fuck difference does it make if she was safe or not safe? It doesn't change what's going on right now.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #4532
honeythorn

Quote:
I'm off and on the pill myself, I can't seem to find one that I can tolerate
Well maybe try the Implant if you haven't already? It has been ok for me so far, and you can always have it removed if it doesn't suit you . Or maybe the injection ?

I feel absolutely fine and as I say the longer lighter period thing is the only real downside to it. But that's got to be better than heavy and moodiness I should think !

Slightly erratic periods seem to be common with the implant and also the nuva ring ( which I believe contain the same or similar ingredients as the implant? ) and I have experienced a couple of no shows/delays , no real trouble at all.

I'm a pretty forgetful person and for me pills were a nightmare on that account. I wasn't seeing anyone at the time of taking them fortunately, so as soon as I got with my boyfriend ( and before getting in the sack) I switched to the implant. You obviously can't fail/forget to take it in any way , and if you throw up or get the shits it will still work since it hasn't had to lurk about in your digestive system and get hurled out either end if you're ill .
Old 10-16-2010, 03:28 PM   #4533
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
This is a terrible god damned question. Situation. PJ has a bun in the oven. What the fuck difference does it make if she was safe or not safe? It doesn't change what's going on right now.
I couldn't give a shit for your opinion of wether my question is suitable for any thread, I asked out of plain curiosity . Fuck off.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #4534
JCC

Quote:
I'm on the implant also, and while I don't get a continuous period it does make it last a hell of a lot longer which is very annoying. It's much lighter though.And on top of that my boyfriend and I still use condoms.

I've never been offered an extra pill to stop the bleeding though. Did she have to have the implant removed and then take the pill? - as in the usual contraceptive pill - Or take it as well as the implant?
Pill as well as the implant. It was Marvelon.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:11 PM   #4535
Saya

Quote:
Well maybe try the Implant if you haven't already? It has been ok for me so far, and you can always have it removed if it doesn't suit you . Or maybe the injection ?

I feel absolutely fine and as I say the longer lighter period thing is the only real downside to it. But that's got to be better than heavy and moodiness I should think !

Slightly erratic periods seem to be common with the implant and also the nuva ring ( which I believe contain the same or similar ingredients as the implant? ) and I have experienced a couple of no shows/delays , no real trouble at all.

I'm a pretty forgetful person and for me pills were a nightmare on that account. I wasn't seeing anyone at the time of taking them fortunately, so as soon as I got with my boyfriend ( and before getting in the sack) I switched to the implant. You obviously can't fail/forget to take it in any way , and if you throw up or get the shits it will still work since it hasn't had to lurk about in your digestive system and get hurled out either end if you're ill .

Its the needle and the idea of having it under my skin that grosses me out. Thats an odd thought because ideally I'd like an IUD, but I'm so afraid of needles the idea of having a metallic cross shoved up my cervix is more appealing. But a lot of doctors won't give one to women who haven't given birth yet, not that I've approach a doctor about it just yet, I'd want the low hormonal one which is too expensive and I don't know if its covered. I've been thinking about the nuva ring though, just gotta go to the doctor soon, perhaps after midterms.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:37 PM   #4536
KontanKarite

Quote:
I couldn't give a shit for your opinion of wether my question is suitable for any thread, I asked out of plain curiosity . Fuck off.
You fuck off. The question was rude and pointless.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:06 PM   #4537
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I hope everything turns out alright for you, Pineapple, whether you decide to keep it or not.

Quote:
I find the Nuva to be fine. I've been on it for about a year, and no skips or anything. My coworker said that IUD usually makes periods heavier.

Saya - Is it Alesse that you want to try? I was on that one and I had no problems at all, but switched off because I was torturing myself making sure I remembered to take it after I acquired my boyfriend.

Kontan - Humans want to know why things happen. This may sound callous in light of the circumstances, but if it doesn't lead to a solution to the issue, it helps us avoid such things in the future. Sometimes people are also grateful for the opportunity to talk about why something happened, and it *can* help. Pineapple didn't seem to take offense to it (sorry if you did, Pineapple. If so, I read your post wrong. Hooray for lack of visual/auditory nuances!), so why are you? It was, at the very least, not pointless.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:05 PM   #4538
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelleDameSansMerci View Post
I hope everything turns out alright for you, Pineapple, whether you decide to keep it or not.

I find the Nuva to be fine. I've been on it for about a year, and no skips or anything. My coworker said that IUD usually makes periods heavier.

Saya - Is it Alesse that you want to try? I was on that one and I had no problems at all, but switched off because I was torturing myself making sure I remembered to take it after I acquired my boyfriend.
The copper IUD makes it heavier, the low hormonal one should actually lighten it after a few months.

I was on alesse before, that was the very first one I took. Oh, no thank you. If Boyfriend looked at me funny I'd cry. If Boyfriend was slightly mean I'd go SAYA SMASH.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:37 PM   #4539
Fruitbat

HT - you should find a doctor that will sterilise you if you hate kids so much. I'm really lucky I don't have to think about unplanned pregnancies anymore.. Ahh the joys of life!

Oh yeah I should add that my PTSD triggers when kids cry - so having a kid and learning to control my triggers - acting rationally et al when he does cry has been a friggin' battle of willpower! Plus dealing with Mr Bat's PMS (putting up with men's shit) when it happens tests my patience to the limits.

I broke my god dam sandal and now I'm left with boots or flip flops.. I really need to go shopping, but I hate it.. crap!

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:05 AM   #4540
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelleDameSansMerci View Post

Kontan - Humans want to know why things happen. This may sound callous in light of the circumstances, but if it doesn't lead to a solution to the issue, it helps us avoid such things in the future. Sometimes people are also grateful for the opportunity to talk about why something happened, and it *can* help. Pineapple didn't seem to take offense to it (sorry if you did, Pineapple. If so, I read your post wrong. Hooray for lack of visual/auditory nuances!), so why are you? It was, at the very least, not pointless.
BULLSHIT! It's fucking rude and you know it. You know exactly how a fucking child is made. You don't have to inquire about someone's behavior because IT DOESN'T MAKE THE SITUATION ANY BETTER. Gleaning information off of a question like that for yourself? It's not about you assholes. All of you can eat a dick. It's not about what she did or didn't do. It's about what she's going through and doing now. But no. YOU mother fuckers want to figure out if she was responsible or not. On behalf of Pineapple, you all can kiss her ass.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #4541
honeythorn

Quote:
YOU mother fuckers want to figure out if she was responsible or not. On behalf of Pineapple, you all can kiss her ass.
Wrong . You've jumped on your 50 foot fucking high horse, and ranted about something that doesn't affect you in the slightest, as usual. And I couldn't care less how responsible she was though it's clear she did her best at the time considering the pill was unsuitable for her.

I was actually curious as to what went wrong as she doesn't seem terribly overjoyed about it, and I would hate for this sort of thing to happen to me .

I feel sorry for Pineapple wether she wants/needs my pity or not, as I've made it plain I'm no fan of children and for me such a situation would be a living hell . She has stated further down the page that she isn't ready for one financially speaking and so on .

Wondering about it won't solve the problem no, you are quite right, but I have every liberty to ask about it all the same.

But my question was in no way rude, it certainly wasn't intended that way . Rude would have been " omg why were you so careless how could you let this happen ? " . But that's not what I said or meant.

It's perfectly normal to wonder what went wrong espescially as none of us know what methods of contraceptives were used until she said so in reply to my question.

Had pineapple found it to be a rude enquiry I've no doubt she would have simply said so.

Either way, Pineapple, sorry this has turned out to be an unessecary discussion for no good reason, I hope you manage to get it all sorted whatever you decide to do about it.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:10 PM   #4542
KontanKarite

Fuck. You. Honeythorn. Your question was fucking stupid, even more so in the light that you ACTUALLY have your own methods of being responsible. A thousand times, it was god damned rude. A thousand times, fuck you.

And it not having anything to do with me? Eat shit. It has NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH YOU EITHER.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #4543
honeythorn

No. It doesn't have anything to do with me. Or anyone. But it was posted on a PUBLIC site where everyone can ask and talk about it.

You however are the only person ranting about it and making a mountain out of a molehill . The rest of us are not, and actually moved on to discussing contraceptives in general.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #4544
KontanKarite

Actually, I'm not. I'm just calling you out on being rude. It's rare that you ever are. I don't really have anything against you, I'm just pointing it out. I know my language is colorful, but it's just how I communicate on here. I'm making an issue out of it because I called you out and you're getting defensive.

Look, I know you've got this whole reputation of being a total sweetheart on here and all, but it doesn't excuse bad behavior. You half-assedly agreed that it was possibly rude, but that just isn't going to cut it. It WAS rude.

I'm not even outraged in the slightest. This is what I saw and I'm commenting on it. A decent member was being unwittingly rude or blatantly rude. Big deal. I think you're more combative because I painted you with an ugly brush than what's really being done here. I mean, that's what this whole fiasco is really about, isn't it. You looking kind of bad in front of G.net.

Yeah. It was rude. But it's not a big deal. Don't get so mad about it.

Old 10-17-2010, 02:27 PM   #4545
honeythorn

Jesus Christ it's like talking to a fucking sock. I'm not in the mood for this bollocks. Look, if Pineapple thought it was rude, she'd have said, either in PM or just in here. She didn't. If she does think it rude I will happily apologise, until then go and find a hobby for gods sake.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:21 PM   #4546
Fruitbat

I hate it when a guy gets out of a big red car and thinks I'm checking him out, when in fact I was looking at his car, wondering why he spend 30K on a piece of crap (okay it looks nice and shiny but it's a piece of crap car).

Old 10-17-2010, 11:50 PM   #4547
KontanKarite

Quote:
Jesus Christ it's like talking to a fucking sock. I'm not in the mood for this bollocks. Look, if Pineapple thought it was rude, she'd have said, either in PM or just in here. She didn't. If she does think it rude I will happily apologise, until then go and find a hobby for gods sake.
Look, just take it on faith that I'm right. Tsk.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:51 PM   #4548
Despanan

Honeythorn: You were being rude, and you got called on it.

Stop acting like a child, admit it, and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #4549
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Kontan - you did make a big deal out of it. No one so much as blinked until you got all uppity.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #4550
Fruitbat

Stupid people who cut in front of you on roundabouts and then have the gaul to just stop and stare at you as though you are in the wrong when in fact they are in the wrong, and I was really tempted to just keep driving over his shitty little car and him, but I thought I better not.

Fucking morons!