Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:51 AM   #6776
carakitty

*hugs* Sorry, Vs. Hope they get you fixed up soon with mo more shitting around (in both senses of the term).
Old 12-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #6777
Valhalla

That's so shitty, Versus. Good luck getting better.

(Also, I'm glad you handled your boss.)
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #6778
Grausamkeit

Peaches, the answer to that last question should be obvious. He can no more forsake you than the last unicorn can.

*must.....resist....scat....humor*

That really sucks. I hope.....you're not too down in the dumps....about this....

Sorry, I tried.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:11 PM   #6779
Versus

Heh, thank y'all.

Saya should do my rant thread bitching for me. I get exhausted raging at everything.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:33 AM   #6780
Still Jack

Yay for Sheffield Hallam University administration. I've been doing the second year of this fucking course (History and Criminology) since September. I've been going to modules that seem slightly strange and not really affiliated to the course like year 1 sociology modules and psychology. Now, they jump on me and say "oops our bad bro, you've just missed all your lectures and seminars and all useful material handouts and your exams are in 2 weeks time". Now I can write a paper on Anal Retentiveness but I don't know the slightest about Policy Making in Practice. Fuck yeah.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #6781
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Yay for Sheffield Hallam University administration. I've been doing the second year of this fucking course (History and Criminology) since September. I've been going to modules that seem slightly strange and not really affiliated to the course like year 1 sociology modules and psychology. Now, they jump on me and say "oops our bad bro, you've just missed all your lectures and seminars and all useful material handouts and your exams are in 2 weeks time". Now I can write a paper on Anal Retentiveness but I don't know the slightest about Policy Making in Practice. Fuck yeah.
How did that happen and what are you supposed to be studying? Because if it's purely some admin bollocks-up on their part, you should threaten them with the papers if they don't do something pretty damn helpful to your cause, like yesterday. That is such a monumental fuck-up.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #6782
CarrionCorpse

Xmas shopping has destroyed my bank account. Next year everyone is getting candy and that's it. Fuck.
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #6783
Solumina

Jake's grandfather has suddenly deteriorated. He was pretty stable and was recently moved to the VA hospital in Hampton (which really is a fantastic facility) but yesterday we got a call from Jake's mom saying that we needed to see him as soon as we could. We went over to see him and he's barely holding on, I think he knows that his kids are coming to see him and that is why he is still here but chances are he isn't going to make it to Christmas.

On a related, but completely selfish, note: They have the same ceiling tiles as the VA hospital in DC, most of them are normal but a couple of them in each room have leaves on them. I had completely forgotten those tiles and I certainly wasn't expecting a wash of emotions from looking up so it really took me by surprise.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #6784
Saya

I'm so sorry Solumina, that's so shitty so close to Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrionCorpse View Post
Xmas shopping has destroyed my bank account. Next year everyone is getting candy and that's it. Fuck.
Yeah, next year I really need to stick to my guns about making all the gifts I'm giving.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #6785
ape descendant

My only uncle died. I'm sad for my dad and sad for my aunt. Meh.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:25 PM   #6786
Saya

I got an email from my dad, I haven't heard from him in months. We still aren't close and I've been so busy I haven't really noticed until mom asked about it, I figured he was too busy with my grandparents moving in, who hate me, so I doubted I'd get invites home for Christmas.

Anyway, he said the reason he hasn't been in touch is because his wife has cancer. I feel horrible for him, but don't know what to say.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #6787
BlacKat

At the risk of sounding like teenaged whining:

Seriously, the first thing my mother does when I get home is go on an hour long rant telling me what's wrong with my clothes. Now, I don't actually care all that much what she thinks of my clothes. I actually think it's kind of funny, given that I look a whole lot nicer than the t-shirt and old jeans that my colleagues wear. What I do care about is that fact that she feels it's more important to spend time complaining about my clothes than actually enjoying a holiday with her daughter. Nice going, mom.
BlacKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:46 AM   #6788
Murder.Of.Crows

So, I decided to take 2012 to myself. I have been in a foul mood lately. Really, just kind of falling apart. And, I realized, that I have never really done anything for myself. Everything I have done for the last 22 years has been an attempt to make everyone around me happier. I joined the military so that I could feel more like a man. So that I would no longer feel like, well like a freak. All so that I wouldn't disappoint my parents. I never even liked the military.

Recently, I know now that, my feelings shouldn't have been fought for so long. I wish I had this perspective when I was younger, would have been happier. But, it's time past, so now I need to make up for it. I am going to begin my transition, even though this includes that I will be discharged from a career I actually have grown to love. But, I don't care, I think, actually feeling like I want to live is better than dishonoring my commitment. So, now I am ranting. Ranting to make myself feel better for my decisions, and ranting to get a perspective from here. This is right, right? Regardless, I need to be myself. That is pertinent.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:04 PM   #6789
emeraldlonewoulf

Kudos for discovering yourself. remember that your job, your surroundings, and your family do not define you, they are experiences, influences, but they do not determine who you are, YOU do. Good luck in your new life.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:17 AM   #6790
Timeless Rebellion

The most sickening murder of the English language is probably the phrase "wouldn't of"
Who the FUCK decided that wouldn't have dragged together should be "wouldn't of" -.-'
I am aware that it sounds a bit like it when spoken at a certain tempo, but please die in a fire -.-"
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #6791
carakitty

I think it's supposed to be an evil mutation of "wouldn't have".

Sadly at the moment I cannot go into this issue further because my under fed, over caffeinated body cannot wrap it's head around properly deciphering the nuances of proper English grammar.

Yet here I sit at the computer, madly twitching my knee, and continuously read and post MORE even though common sense and an impending hypoglycemic migraine are nagging for proper nutrition!

OOH! I see candy canes over there in my little dish! Candy canes count as a proper lunch, right?
Old 12-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #6792
Solumina

I had chocolate for breakfast so I won't judge your candy cane lunch.

I'm really happy that my mother has a new awesome tv (her Christmas present to herself) and that she gave me and Jake her old one. I'm not complaining that it is a fair number of years old, that it isn't high def, or that it isn't a wide screen. It will work well for us...once we get it in place, it will just be a bitch to get it where we want it to go because it weighs about 500lbs (and that is not an exaggeration, I'm pretty sure it really is that heavy) and it incredibly difficult to get a decent grip on the damn thing. Also the only place in the bedroom where it will fit and be easy to watch is where we currently have our fish so we will also have to move the fish tank which weighs quite a bit, even when most of the water has been drained (but thankfully we have found a spot to put that in the living room and it isn't nearly as awkward to grip as the tv). On top of that Jake has decided that since we are moving a couple of things that we should rearrange our entire living room.

I'll be very pleased once everything is all settled, I'm just really not looking forward to moving stuff.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 12-26-2011, 11:04 PM   #6793
emeraldlonewoulf

Fuck this thirteen dollar an hour BULLSHIT. I love my job, well, parts of it. I know I'm making more than a lot of folks right now, and I am trying so hard not to be ungrateful, but this shit SUCKS. It's COLD. The dog's water bowl froze solid. Again. I had some damp clothing (from being sprayed while fixing the freaking water pipe) that literally FROZE on the fucking floor. I am TIRED of not having running hot water (two years). I am fucking FED UP with having to air the tires up on my car every day because they keep going flat (off and on for two months, can't afford the 400 bucks to replace them, and have 4 plugs in them already). I am SICK of living in 240 sq. ft of deteriorating motorhome. I want warm water, a nice carpet instead of splintering plywood for a floor, a fireplace, a fenced yard for the dogs. I am TIRED on not being able to pay my debts. I made some stupid decisions, took out credit I shouldn't have, it was my fault, i get that. I made all the decisions that have brought me to this point. but FUCK THIS!!!

I am going to start applying for work at the mines. 20 dollars an hour to drive a truck the size of a house doesn't sound too bad right now. Neither does a Chrismas bonus of 14K. That's no shit, 14K for a BONUS. My buddy knows a couple who both work at the mines, both brought in that much. 28k I don’t make that in a fucking YEAR.
Instead of getting my double major degree in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, I could get one in Mining or Geological engineering, graduate a year earlier, and be bringing in almost 200K a freaking year, instead of a starting salary of 50 to 60k. Not to mention opportunities for world travel, and and one solid week a MONTH off. And that’s just as a freaking haul truck driver. I can’t even imagine what that kind of money would be like right now. I would be able to help my family, instead of watching them have to scrimp and save all the time. I could make sure my teenage brother in law could go to college. I could make sure my man gets the medical care he needs. He’s needed to go to the dentist for the last year.
Fuck this poor shit. Fuck this food bank commodities distribution (thankfully it’s there), begging bullshit. I am grateful, but I hang my head in shame every time we go, even though we pay the $10 a week.
I have GOT to get us out of this. I WILL get us out of this. Gonna check out MSHA certification this week. And write up a new resume. I’m gonna FIX this stupid, BULLSHIT I’ve gotten my self into. Fucking Christ. Or whatever.
FUCK ‘em ALL. Tahiti in ten years. HELL YEAH.

Phew. I needed to rant.

question:
Quote:
answer:
Quote:
Old 12-27-2011, 01:49 AM   #6794
Solumina

I felt really motivated tonight when Jake went to work and I decided that I was going to go ahead and rearrange the living room all by myself (everything except the tv I mentioned ^up there^ and the bench that it is currently on, because just wasn't going to happen and I was only hurting myself by trying). I even moved the fish tank, which was an eighth of an inch too tall to fit on my bookshelf and there is nothing else in the living room that it can fit on so I had to pull the small (but very heavy) dresser out of my closet (which means I will need to find a new place to put my socks and underwear cuz I don't want those being stored in the living room) and find a way to fit that into the new floor plan.

Also I managed to stub my toe on an arm chair.

Basically I'm dumb and impatient so I was moving stuff by myself that really shouldn't have been moved by one person and I didn't really measure anything so there was a lot of frustration and having to rethink things so I'm extremely sore (especially my toe) as well as physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted.

It does look nice though.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 12-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #6795
emeraldlonewoulf

Wow, talk about timing. I was all ready to start looking for another job, and got into a conversation today with one of the higher ups, i might be getting promoted. funny how that works.

And, I figured out a way to make the financial picture work. I don't like it, but it will work. So yeah, the above rant has been dealt with. Woot!

question:
Quote:
answer:
Quote:
Old 12-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #6796
Solumina

Today at work I managed to nearly rip off half of a finger nail. Thankfully it only ripped most of the way but is still attached enough for me to essentially glue it back in place but mother fucker that hurt (hell it still hurts if anything touches that finger or that finger is moved certain ways)and it bled a lot more than you would think was possible for such a small injury.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 12-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #6797
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Today at work I managed to nearly rip off half of a finger nail. Thankfully it only ripped most of the way but is still attached enough for me to essentially glue it back in place but mother fucker that hurt (hell it still hurts if anything touches that finger or that finger is moved certain ways)and it bled a lot more than you would think was possible for such a small injury.
You can glue partially attached nails back in place? How?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:32 AM   #6798
Solumina

Essentially I stuck it back in place, put a band-aid on it to keep it stable until the bleeding stopped, and then when I got home I used lots and lots of clear topcoat so that it can't move. You can only do it if the nail was torn in a way where there is a little overlap (so that you are sticking the nail to nail, and not to the skin/open wound) and it isn't a permanent fix, you have to keep redoing it until the nail grows out but it is a lot better than having an awkward piece of nail hanging there or pulling it the rest of the way off.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 12-29-2011, 06:17 AM   #6799
honeythorn

Some people use ordinary superglue. I have read of open wounds and injuries being superglued shut in an emergency, or if the wounded person was in a remote area and it needed to be closed until they could reach medical help.

I think false nail glue would probably be a better choice though.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #6800
carakitty

The fish tanks MUST be cleaned and I have a feeling it's going to be done by only me. Have been waiting around on Mr. Kitty to help for at least a month. Am not looking forward to the process