Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #76
Godslayer Jillian

Anti-conformism is a word I don't like to use. It's idiotic to be entirely non-conformist. Someone that is entirely non-conformist show that he has no convictions and no self image.
Goths, at least in a general sense, reject many of society's values and place thei own in its stead, but we wouldn't disregard societal values that agree with out way of thinking.
So, no, we are not anti-everything.

EDIT: In regard to your last post: Words have varied meanings. Just because the word "goth" already existed doesn't mean it cannot be used again. If you would agree that we Goths are not goths unless we were descendants of the Germanic tribe, you should argue that Gothic architecture applies exclusively to buildings made by these tribes, and not defined by its design characteristics.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:31 PM   #77
insertwittyname

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=630

Read posts 2 and 3. O.o You are reading a very limited dictionary. Any person should know that the word "goth" has been altered to mean things more than that, a genre of music, a person who wears black, archectual styles, old German tribe, a antiestablishment mindset, and many philosophical views on life itself.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:32 PM   #78
BlackButterfly

(You know what? Screw it--I'm not letting anything aside from rules keep me from posting where I want in these...)

Being a goth does not mean being a jerk. Anti-mainstream, maybe, but anti-social?? Be real--what do you call these forums?

We don't come to the forums just to flame each other and flex our knowledge; we come to interact with others who can relate to what we see in our subculture.
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:33 PM   #79
TSW|Abaddon

Pedant / ped‧ant

–noun

1. a person who makes an excessive or inappropriate display of learning.
2. a person who overemphasizes rules or minor details.
3. a person who adheres rigidly to book knowledge without regard to common sense.
TSW|Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:35 PM   #80
insertwittyname

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSW|Abaddon
Pedant / ped‧ant

–noun

3. a person who adheres rigidly to book knowledge without regard to common sense.

I *heart, not love!* you. 0.o
Old 11-15-2006, 06:36 PM   #81
om3gag0th666

Words do mean many things, but I am just proving to you that you aren't defined by Webster, or American heritage, or Oxford as anything more than a Germanic tribe that faught against the Romans I believe.

You guys do act like barbarians in pop-culture, constantly biting heads of bats off, claiming you're the prest if of the CoS, and these people are your Gods of your genre of asininity?

Seriously, you guys need new objectives in life, perhaps if you guys weren't so far away. I could bring you to the beach and throw you in the frigid november water by me. That would wake you up, life is far more perfect and wonderful than you'll ever know. Without suffering, without contempt or hatred, there is no love, joy or happiness.

Take the good with the bad and move on. It's what I do. We've all thought crazy thoughts before, and I've been in the crazy places that strap you down and shoot you up with tranqs and antipsychotics. The mangled leather straps still fresh with the hair of some person's arm that struggled to be manumit from the table like vice.

Trust me, I know what suffering is, and it's absolutely wonderful that we can suffer. It lets you know you're alive, and there is something out there just as WONDERFUL as there is PAINFUL.
om3gag0th666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:37 PM   #82
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSW|Abaddon
Pedant / ped‧ant

–noun

pseu‧do‧in‧tel‧lec‧tu‧al

–noun
1. a person exhibiting intellectual pretensions that have no basis in sound scholarship.
2. a person who pretends an interest in intellectual matters for reasons of status.
–adjective
3. of, pertaining to, or characterized by fraudulent intellectuality; unscholarly: a pseudointellectual book.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:39 PM   #83
insertwittyname

Are you calling us emo or Ozzy Osbourne? Becuase none of this:

You guys do act like barbarians in pop-culture, constantly biting heads of bats off, claiming you're the prest if of the CoS, and these people are your Gods of your genre of asininity?

Take the good with the bad and move on. It's what I do. We've all thought crazy thoughts before, and I've been in the crazy places that strap you down and shoot you up with tranqs and antipsychotics. The mangled leather straps still fresh with the hair of some person's arm that struggled to be manumit from the table like vice.

-seems to be in any way related to anyone on this site, including me. We are not all druggies, drunkards, or the insane. We are not all criminals. Stop stereotyping us, looser. *yes yes, make fun of my spelling, I dare you*
Old 11-15-2006, 06:41 PM   #84
insertwittyname

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3gag0th666
pseu‧do‧in‧tel‧lec‧tu‧al

–noun
1. a person exhibiting intellectual pretensions that have no basis in sound scholarship.
2. a person who pretends an interest in intellectual matters for reasons of status.
–adjective
3. of, pertaining to, or characterized by fraudulent intellectuality; unscholarly: a pseudointellectual book.

Somehow, I think that also has a possibility of defining you, but hey, I've never met you.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:41 PM   #85
insertwittyname

I'll be back to bug you in another 3 hours, I have tae kwon do and ki gum do. Toodles you boogerhead.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:44 PM   #86
Godslayer Jillian

Well, I'm sorry to say that despite your knowledge in the dictionary, you don't seem to know much about the gothic subculture.
Unless Murphy or Smith bit the head off a bat, you're way off.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:44 PM   #87
om3gag0th666

I know you're not all X, or Y. You have to agree though that MOST of you are the way I described. Same with most atheists, they don't know what it means to be an atheist, to really not BELIEVE in God. They just 'preach' it like it was a religion [and it's not a religion].

OZZY OSBOURNE bit the HEAD off a bat, MARILYN MANSON was a high priest in the CoS.

Jesus, don't you kids know this stuff? For the love of Pete!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:50 PM   #88
insertwittyname

Woohoo! Enough time for one last post. I dub thee Sir Boogerhead. You may now insult us through your vocabulary. And most of us? Don't think so, maybe a large portion perhaps in the Californian area, but definately not all of us.

emo or Ozzy Osbourne --I said. And why would I pay attention to Marilyn Manson? He hell isn't goth. -.- He's a freak who does so many drugs, I doubt he can do more than sing.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:58 PM   #89
TSW|Abaddon

We are aware of that. However this community has made it perfecty clear time and time again that those individuals are not the quintessential example of the gothic subculture.

Why did you start this thread anyways? In my opinion you started it because your lacking in self-esteem. Why else start this thread in the manner that you did? You damn well knew that leet speak isn't tolerated yet you used it anyways. You baited the audience then "suprised" us with your mastery of the english language. It's clear that all you were trying to do was start a flame war. How intellectual is that?
TSW|Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:04 PM   #90
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
OZZY OSBOURNE bit the HEAD off a bat, MARILYN MANSON was a high priest in the CoS.
Jesus, don't you kids know this stuff? For the love of Pete!
Yes, I know them perfectly. My point was that these two have nothing to do with the gothic subculture.
Ozzy Osbourne has never even thought of referring himself as goth; and Marilyn Manson is the anti-thesis of an original personality (as he has decided to sacrifice his self image to become the opposite of societal norms) that is so important to a goth.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 11-15-2006, 07:05 PM   #91
om3gag0th666

Marilyn Manson has more talent in one skin follicle than your entire body. Also I don't care what you say, if ten thousand Christians stand up and slaughter five thousand children, and ten Christians say that they aren't real Christians, who am I going to believe?

I've seen more of of the 'goth culture (what a joke)' act like Marilyn Manson and Ozzy Osbourne than act like human beings. They are more like machines of sex, claiming bi-sexuality, trying to have orgies, snorting coke and showing off their mutilated bodies like it's a contest.

Also starving themselves nigh to death, or overeating then wearing make up and spandex tight leather and posting these pics on myspace so I can tear my oculi from my skull and smash them on my keyboard in a torrent of hatred.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:07 PM   #92
Godslayer Jillian

I never said he wasn't talented. I enjoy some of his middle work; particularly, if not solely, Mechanical Animals.
Don't place words on my mouth.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 11-15-2006, 07:08 PM   #93
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I never said he wasn't talented. I enjoy some of his middle work; particularly, if not solely, Mechanical Animals.
Don't place words on my mouth.
I was talking to the person preceding you.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:10 PM   #94
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
I've seen more of of the 'goth culture (what a joke)' act like Marilyn Manson and Ozzy Osbourne than act like human beings. They are more like machines of sex, claiming bi-sexuality, trying to have orgies, snorting coke and showing off their mutilated bodies like it's a contest.
Also starving themselves nigh to death, or overeating then wearing make up and spandex tight leather and posting these pics on myspace so I can tear my oculi from my skull and smash them on my keyboard in a torrent of hatred.
Feel free to call us New Romanticism followers or otherwise, if you feel the need to dub us differently to avoid confusion.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 11-15-2006, 07:12 PM   #95
om3gag0th666

Romanticism died a long time ago for a reason; because it's just old fashioned. I'm surprised you're all searching your dictionaries and what not when I talk. I speak in a very old sense, and use archaic definitions of words when I talk of mort [death]. Perhaps you're not that high up on your peidstalls eh?
Old 11-15-2006, 07:14 PM   #96
DarkHeartedDemoness

This has to be one of the fastest growing threads I've seen since my join. I find it interesting that the members of this forum are willing to reward this person's negativity by continuing to respond.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:15 PM   #97
the_cure

Hello there big mister om3gag0th666. I am here to say right now that I'm not as smart as you. I'm far from it. But you sir abuse your intelligence. If I was able to use half the words you can I would not be sitting here trying to win an internet arguement, making myself look like a moron in the process. If you are as smart as you claim, (which I question since there is this wonderful thing call an internet search) stop being a dipshit and go do something productive please. We are tired of you.
the_cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:16 PM   #98
Godslayer Jillian

I haven't seen a reason to look at my dictionary recently.
And yes, you are right in that Romanticism is old-fashioned, and even useless. But then again, the definition I gave you of Goth established its own values.
Purposeless as it is, I bring Romanticism back in my life for the sake of its beauty.
It's purposeless, but it's beautiful; just like the universe.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 11-15-2006, 07:18 PM   #99
om3gag0th666

Productive? Let's see, I attend college and I've done mortgage broking, flooring, and I am helping run my father's company, I'm basically the computer geek. You want to tell me what else I should do?

Also about romanticism, romanticism doesn't elicit the same thing that concrete poetry does. Try it sometime, talk about beauty, not of it.

"The creek was beautiful."

Is lame, compared to: "The creek glistened like slivers of gold and silver splashing over moss covered rocks, it rode to its destination with a downy trickle."

@Darkwhatever:

I'm a bit of a troll sometimes, but I offer people the ability to have some chaos and disjointedness in their life. Without me, your life wouldn't be as good. It would be very boring.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:20 PM   #100
Godslayer Jillian

Yes, but you must first feel those words to write about them if the poem is to evoke any emotion.
There's the Romanticism in action.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote: