Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
DruLaCroix

New Here

Hello. I'm Dru. I have known about this website for over a year, even had it as my home page once, but haven't decided to make an account until now. So, here I am.

I'm not new to the subculture. I discovered Goth rock over 5 years ago, but didn't learn about the many Goth fashions until 3 years ago. I'm also a member of the Sykospark forums, but the Goth forum there is pretty much dead. Not many people post there. New members are few and far between.

I write dark fantasy stories. I hope to create a novel someday, but editing all my short stories is taking a lot of time. I have a few finished. If anyone is interseted in reading them, send me a private message and I'll give you a link to my Deviant Art profile.

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost 2 1/2 years. She is Goth too. We are the only Goths in this part of Maine, except for a skitzophrenic woman who doesn't talk to anyone. Oh, and our friend Zach is Goth too, but he doesn't live up here when he's not attending the nearby university, from which I just graduated with a BA in English.
DruLaCroix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 06:39 AM   #2
Geoluhread

Welcome...
Did you notice the first sticky with 14 questions in them... It would've been really nice if you answered them :-)
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:41 AM   #3
DruLaCroix

Oh, I will do that right now. I didn't notice it, sorry. I was doing a million things when I registered here.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:52 AM   #4
DruLaCroix

Oh, I will do that right now. I didn't notice it, sorry. I was doing a million things when I registered here.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I am a freelance writer, currently working on a Goth website that is under construction as I write this. Once it's up and running, and any initial glitches are smoothed, I will provide a link. As for hobbies, I play bass guitar and video games, I like to read and write dark fantasy, and I enjoy the occasional clove. I spend lots of time with my girlfriend, Lydia, as we live together.

2. Where are you from?

I am from the Mid-Coast Maine, USA. Very boring there. However, I moved to Orono, Maine to attend the university. I graduated, but Lydia still has one more semester.

3. Who is your favorite author?

I really enjoy Edgar Allan Poe, although I must read more stuff by him. I have all of his works, but I'm a busy person. I also plan on reading Dracula by Bram Stoker. I'm excited about that.

4. What are your favorite films?

My favorite movie ever is Sunset Boulevard. I also enjoyed 24 Hour Party People, and would like to see Control.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

Lydia and I would are going to have the most Goth wedding ever, so probably Goth rock. We'll probably also play some Bach and maybe a little EBM and Industrial. Hah.

6. At your funeral?

I would like some really sad songs. I'm not really sure what, as the saddest songs I know are about failed relationships. I don't think that's really fitting at a funeral.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

I would like to die when I am ready. Most likely I'll be old. I would just like to lie down in a coffin and die, peacfully, with thoughts of Lydia being my last.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

I haven't done enough research yet.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

My favorite outfit currently consists of black dress shirt tucked into black dress pants, black dress shoes, a black tie, a black vest, and black trenchcoat with a pair of black aviator glasses. However, I would like to by some Vampire Goth clothing or some Victorian Goth clothing.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

I had more time to play video games. Other than that, I don't miss anything. I didn't like being a kid. I had a nice childhood, but I am not nostalgic at all and I would never want to be young again.

11. What's your favorite band?

The Sisters of Mercy.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

Well, I did K-12, graudating from high school with a 97 GPA. I just graduated from college with a BA in English (focus: creative writing). My GPA being a 3.68.

13. Why did you join?

I joined the forums to participate in an online Goth community that wasn't dead. Or at least quiet.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Male, though sometimes I like to bend my gender.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #5
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread
Welcome...
Did you notice the first sticky with 14 questions in them... It would've been really nice if you answered them :-)
I'll forgive you because you're new, but what you just said wasn't needed.
The questions are only for people who don't give intros with any info about themselves in it.

This guy did.

So...
HEYNOOBSTFU.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #6
DruLaCroix

Oh. Thanks for your forgiveness. But, I didn't really mind the questions. There were some things in them that I didn't include in my initial introduction.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:41 PM   #7
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruLaCroix
9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

My favorite outfit currently consists of black dress shirt tucked into black dress pants, black dress shoes, a black tie, a black vest, and black trenchcoat with a pair of black aviator glasses. However, I would like to by some Vampire Goth clothing or some Victorian Goth clothing.
You know that it's cool to have a splash of color, right? And you can find/make a majority of that stuff for cheap.

Otherwise, welcome.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #8
dabbadmc

You give off a really good vibe. I look forward to seeing your website.

Welcome
dabbadmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #9
Childe_Roland

You seem like a pleasant person and, thus, it is my very great pleasure to meet you.
Childe_Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:14 PM   #10
Minyaliel

You seem like a cool dude. You should really watch "Control", by the way, it's brilliant. Best acting I've seen on the screen for a long time.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:23 PM   #11
damion

Welcome welcome
damion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:32 PM   #12
DruLaCroix

Thanks for the welcome.

I usually enjoy simply black, but my other favorite colors are red and purple. Today I am wearing a purplish, red, wine colored shirt. It's silk, which is awesome.

Now I really want to see Control!

I do have a question. Can new members post in the picture section? I thought I posted some yesterday, but today my post is gone. But, maybe I never posted it. I could have hit a wrong button.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:08 PM   #13
JCC

Is your name at all derived from Delacroix, the painter?

Welcome, by the way.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:46 PM   #14
DruLaCroix

No, my name isn't derived from Delacroix. I have never heard of him/her. What type of stuff does he/she paint?

My first name is actually Andrew, but instead of Drew, I use the nickname Dru. It sounds the same, but it has a spelling spin on it. I was actually inspired by the Bleeding Edge Goth doll Dru Id, as lame as that may sound. Also, I got LaCroix from the VTM:Bloodlines computer game. I thought the two put together sounded nice.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:17 AM   #15
bloomerbrigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruLaCroix
]We'll probably also play some Bach
I absolutely love Bach. ♥ Welcome!
bloomerbrigade is offline   Reply With Quote