Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:18 PM   #51
korinna5555

Wowza.. who knew Maximus was such an expert (read: asshole)
If Bush doesn't upset you, open your damn eyes and pay attention.

If hiding is synonymous with rally, then yeah. EXACTLY like hiding.

I could have sworn it was opposing ANY war..
Operation Iraqi Liberation would certainly apply, before you add in the profits gleaned..

Gods.. this conversation is RIDICULOUS and quite hypocritical.
I could say quite a few "things", but my resolution (of sorts) is to control my temper and to be even more tolerant.
I'm running down the road to Solumina's house and hanging with her mama..
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:29 PM   #52
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
Wowza.. who knew Maximus was such an expert (read: asshole)
If Bush doesn't upset you, open your damn eyes and pay attention.
I'm not saying Bush doesn't upset me... but he's still not so flagrant in his abuses as to spur a massive youth movement.

Quote:
If hiding is synonymous with rally, then yeah. EXACTLY like hiding.
Oh yes... all those hippie rallies. Where are those happening again?

Quote:
I could have sworn it was opposing ANY war..
Operation Iraqi Liberation would certainly apply, before you add in the profits gleaned..
Well, it's not. The Iraq War is a conflict of an entirely different character than that of Vietnam- there's no draft, we've easily won, and one fifth as many human lives were lost. By the way, your acronym is REALLY cute and everything, but it's Operation Iraqi Freedom. That's OIF. As in "Oh, I fail."

Your hostility is really unappreciated, as I'm actually trying to help you out so that you don't go around saying "I'm a hippie" and looking like a moron.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #53
korinna5555

Tell me.. what exactly has the US "won"? Is there a prize or something?
Don't worry about the lives lost; I'm sure the widows feel much better when they find out it's only a fifth of the lives lost in Nam.

Somehow I doubt the majority of youth these days are even opinionated enough to protest. Between a failing education system and "No Child Left Behind," there's enough stupidity for EVERYONE. Wow.. something the government is actually willing to share..
I DO fail - at being an obedient, brainwashed American! I'm so proud of myself.

There's plenty of rallies in DC; I'm going to one at the end of the month. Wanna come?

You can stop trying to "save" me. I'm perfectly content with being a "moron". After all, it's only your opinion. You have one, you are entitled to one, but I don't have to agree.
I fail to see how I have been hostile (OH NOES THAT WILL LOWER MY HIPPIE-NESS! PEACE, DUDES!), and it's not "hippie." It's "antiestablishment-pacifist-environmentalist-activist-commune loving-artist-musician-yaddaya," because you all want to be super technical. Now THAT is cute.
However.. I tire of this (pointless) thread, and it's late, so I am off to bed. Unless someone posts something REALLY provoking, because then I'd just HAVE to respond.

Goodnight, guys.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:09 PM   #54
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
Tell me.. what exactly has the US "won"? Is there a prize or something?
Well, oil...

Quote:
Don't worry about the lives lost; I'm sure the widows feel much better when they find out it's only a fifth of the lives lost in Nam.
Well... more widows = more pissed off people. Especially if their husbands didn't enlist, but were drafted...

Quote:
There's plenty of rallies in DC; I'm going to one at the end of the month. Wanna come?
Only if I get to point out that there are no hippies present.

Quote:
Somehow I doubt the majority of youth these days are even opinionated enough to protest.
But if they were pissed off enough, say by a government that gets caught lying, in a major media scandal, and doesn't apologize, or by their friends getting pulled into a jungle to die, maybe they would. Maybe they'd become hippies.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #55
Underwater Ophelia

Ok, first of all--Justin, I don't have to explain anything any further than I have. Korinna wanted my opinion, and I gave it to her. As I said before this whole thing got started, I wasn't looking to argue.

Second, I myself am a pagan, environmentalist, liberal person myself. I oppose the war, I believe nudity should be legal, and I oppose some drug laws.

Doesn't make me a hippie.
It IS an era specific term.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:48 PM   #56
Lugosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Ok, first of all--Justin, I don't have to explain anything any further than I have. Korinna wanted my opinion, and I gave it to her. As I said before this whole thing got started, I wasn't looking to argue.

Second, I myself am a pagan, environmentalist, liberal person myself. I oppose the war, I believe nudity should be legal, and I oppose some drug laws.

Doesn't make me a hippie.
It IS an era specific term.
You gave an opinion that, so far, appears completely baseless. If you don't have proof to back it up, then it's just an opinion, not a matter of "is" or "is not".
Lugosi is offline   Reply With Quote