Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 04-05-2005, 10:26 AM   #251
Binkie

7 to 2 if you're looking at Party affiliation. Stevens is Republican, but because he has sided with the other two Democrats so many times before, he's considered a part of the liberal wing on the Supreme Court by the media.

These moderate Republicans have also generally sided with the left on abortion issues in votes that always turn out 5 to 4. Greer, the judge that refused to reinsert the tube into Shiavo is also a Republican. The thing about judges is, they don't play politics with the courts. It's much more about where these people personally stand on issues in their own mind rather than being a red and blue thing.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 07:35 AM   #252
CptSternn

If you are looking at party lines - check the house website and see dozens of reps that votes against party lines. By your line of reasoning, the congress is equally divided and bush doesn't control it because on some votes people stray from party lines.

Only problem is it works the other way too - at the end of the day the court it controlled by the repubs, no matter how you look at it.

Slán

-S
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:22 AM   #253
Binkie

Find me a Republican Senator that votes with the Democrats on every issue, not just one or two. Justice Stevens does that on the Supreme Court, despite the fact that he's a Republican.

Yeah, "Republicans" control the Supreme Court, but since they are generally never in contact with party members or the media, they really don't have ties with it beyond the title. Not that it would matter, because as I've pointed out, and you can certainly look up on your own, politics do not rule the courts. If they did, abortion would probably still be illegal and Terri Shiavo's feeding tube would have been reinserted.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:54 AM   #254
creepylittleshit

Legalize!!!!

I think it is ridiculus that marijuana is illegal and crimanlized in America. If a drug that makes most people violent and arrogent is legal (alcohol)then why isnt a drug that mellows people out legal??? You know you just don't hear about the angry pothead who came home and beat his wife because he was stoned!

It may not be that good for you but it's hardly worse than whats already legal.

The only reason it is illegal is because the DuPonts wanted to come out with polyester back in the day and hemp was too much competion. The goverment had investments in there company and did not want to see there investments go down the drain. Wasn't like they cared about the fact that polyester is bad for the envoiroment and hemp wasn't.

On top of that if you get caught with enough of it you can get yourself a felony. Then you can't vote and you'll more than likely spend a good five years or so in jail. All that seems a little much for smoking something that should not have been crimanalized in the first place.
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:26 AM   #255
WolfMoon

Actually my X smoked pot and he beat the crap outta me on a regular basis.No alcohol or any other drugs,just pot.And he was a very violent person.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 01:44 AM   #256
creepylittleshit

Sorry to hear that.
Some people are just violent by nature. From what I have seen most potheads are pretty laidback, but angry people are angry people no matter what they are on. :|
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:36 PM   #257
TeapotScar

Many of you know Granny (she's taking a break from the social stigmata that is gothic.net... or maybe she's finally doing her homework. Whichever.), and she's usually a pretty mellow pothead, until you're one-on-one with her, in which case she can be a snappy little arrogant BITCH! She'll yell and whine and ohhhh my goddddd. You know how it is.

But usually that'd be if she didn't smoke *enough* or if she was coming down, or if she *thought* she was coming down. So maybe Wolfie's ex wasn't good about keeping his stash fully supplied? I don't know- I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Note on Granny's behalf: She rocks so much more hardcore than anybody else, even when she's super mean. And I'm really mean when I'm coming down from speed (which is TOTALLY understandable- I mean seriously.), so she's not the bitchiest girl in this room, I'm pretty sure. Or maybe she is- I don't know. We're pretty even.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote