Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #26
Anonymoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Because the World Stone was destroyed by Terial due to the fact that it was tainted by Baal and who knows what that has done

I'm thinking that the Worldstone was a barrier that kept heros' true power dampened and the worlds of Heaven and Hell out of Sanctuary in a direct way.

Now there's nothing to hold Heaven and Hell back to flooding into the mortal realm.

There's also stipulation that Tyreal will fall.
Anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:38 PM   #27
Wednesday Friday Addams

Tyrael (why do angel name like to have ael in them? Azrael? etc) better not fall, he seemed like the only angel to give a dam about humans and he is so badass.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:39 PM   #28
Anonymoose

Some think he was corrupted by World Stone or more so that it wasn't Tyreal that destroyed the worldstone. Some are saying that The Lord Of Lies led the hero on since the end of Act 2.

How exactly did Tyreal get into the chamber w/o having to face those Ancients?

There are two lesser evils, Lord of Sin and Lord of Lies. So. Expect them to have done some underhanded shit during D2 that we aren't fully aware of yet.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:06 PM   #29
Wednesday Friday Addams

maybe being an arch angel has something to do with it.
And its Tyrael.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:35 PM   #30
Anonymoose

Well, that depends. I'm figuring Tyreal destroying the world stone causes the boundaries to be taken off between the realms.

Not only that, but something crashes from the heavens. Could it be that an angel had fallen?
Old 06-29-2008, 09:43 PM   #31
Anonymoose

*screen fades from black*

We see a scene, the necromancer is leaning up against a wall, the druid is sitting on the stoop next to the necromancer. They await their friend, the assassin.

Druid: Man, it's been a decade. I'm bored
Necro: No shit. *takes a draw of his clove*

Off in the distance, the barbarian shows up, decked out in some freaky new armor, and sporting some bad ass new kicks

Necro: Holy shit, look at this pimp!
Druid: *jaw drops* Why's he all bad ass like that?

Both think something good is coming on the horizon. In the distance, they hear a tribal scream and see a man in a grass skirt approach them.

WitchDoc: Hey guise! What'z aaap? Eye dew coCaaaaaiiiiinn!

Both characters on the stoop eye him wearily.

Witchdoc: Luk wat eye kin dew! *summons mongrel*

Druid: Bitch, please. I've been doing shit like that since you were in your daddy's sack. *summons dire wolf*

Witchdoc: Oh yeeaah? Well, I know haow tew dew nekromancy! Watch! *summons Zombie Wall*

Necromancer: OH NO YOU DID NOT!! HO SIT DOWN! ...cracked out poseur.

Witchdoc: But lewk! I can throw ah faiyeer bawm on mah mongrel! *tosses fire bomb and mongrel ignites into flames*

The assassin sees this display of power, *facepalms*, and commences on her next move.

*Assassin backstabs Witchdoctor through the skull*

Assassin: BITCH! HE SAID SIT DOWN!! ...fuckin' newbie poseurs.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #32
Clockwork

Good to know Blizzard's keeping busy, but I'm way more excited about Starcraft 2.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:01 PM   #33
Mir

Wow, you guys are geeks! I mean that in the nicest way of course!

I have played the game and loved it, yet, I can't for the life of me remember the plot!
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #34
Wednesday Friday Addams

I liked the lore of the necromancer because it wasn't cliche.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:02 PM   #35
Solumina

For all of you who actually care blizz has released a new class called the wizard. Personally I think she seems pretty bad ass, and I'm pretty happy about her cuz I was a little worried that they were going to fuck up the magic user like they seem to have done with the summoner.

The graphics in the wizard trailer seem to be a bit darker and more Diablo like than those in the earlier game play demos, which is something that I think a lot of people will be happy about.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:02 AM   #36
tekajo

Solly, if memory serves i think "ael" means "of God". i'm not gonna quickly scour the net looking for a four paragraph explanation in order to appear as though i'm an expert on the subject but i'm pretty sure thats what it means.

i'm so stoked about D3. Every time i brought up my hopes in the past that Blizzard would bring us D3, i would always be greeted with "Diablo is the past WoW is the future...give it up"

\m/
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #37
~~Auriel~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo
Solly, if memory serves i think "ael" means "of God". i'm not gonna quickly scour the net looking for a four paragraph explanation in order to appear as though i'm an expert on the subject but i'm pretty sure thats what it means.

i'm so stoked about D3. Every time i brought up my hopes in the past that Blizzard would bring us D3, i would always be greeted with "Diablo is the past WoW is the future...give it up"

\m/
"EL" is derived from the Hebrew "Elohim" which means God/Father/etc. So actually is it just the "el" that means "of God." Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, Auriel, etc.

I am also incredibly geeked for this game to come out!!! I have yet to find out when...
~~Auriel~~ is offline   Reply With Quote