Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:43 AM   #26
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annwyn View Post

Here's a video on the subject of one particular Gay youth whom was abandoned by his own family because he was Gay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfecwvTx9rM

I was in that kind of situation.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:40 AM   #27
girasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroOokami View Post
It was their DNA, and they were born that way. If homosexuals, who had no choice...
What you are saying is true for people who were gay from day 1 because of their DNA but I think that there are quite a lot of people who are gay and may have made a conscious decision to be that way due to life experiences. I think then their feelings are also untouchable and should be respected. I guess the point I am trying to make is that it shouldn't matter if they didn't have a choice or did have a choice in being gay or selecting partners of the same sex for whatever reason... homophobia is cruel and people get kicks from harming other people without realising that they don't get anything out of wrecking anyones peace. If they believe they are going to burn in hell... so what... they should stick to their husband and straight friends.
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:57 AM   #28
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post
...they aren't really the word of God/YHWH.
...but you know what is?
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:59 AM   #29
Drake Dun

Scratch that. I just read your later post.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:22 AM   #30
JCC

Quote:
It was their DNA, and they were born that way.
Yay, let's pretend that unverified scientific theory is fact!
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #31
Solumina

There is a genetic component to sexual orientation, enough twin studies have been done to verify that, we just don't know exactly how that genetic component works. If sexual orientation was purely genetic then identical twins would always have the same sexual orientation but they don't, just a significantly higher chance of having the same sexual orientation, on the other hand if genetics weren't involved then identical twins reared apart would have the same chance of having the same sexual orientation as they would with any random person and that isn't the case.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #32
Annwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
There is a genetic component to sexual orientation, enough twin studies have been done to verify that, we just don't know exactly how that genetic component works. If sexual orientation was purely genetic then identical twins would always have the same sexual orientation but they don't, just a significantly higher chance of having the same sexual orientation, on the other hand if genetics weren't involved then identical twins reared apart would have the same chance of having the same sexual orientation as they would with any random person and that isn't the case.
What Solumina said.
Annwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #33
Annwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Yay, let's pretend that unverified scientific theory is fact!
For your information, it was proven to be a real gene, smart arse.
Don't you dare tell me that I chose to like girls, because I never chose it.
Why would I choose to like girls when I know that I could very well be killed for it?
I wouldn't if my life was at risk.
Nor would any of my Gay friends.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #34
Solumina

Um...if you look at what I said you aren't necessarily born gay. Yeah a bit of it is in your genes but no more so than heat problems are genetic, you may have a predisposition due to genetic factors but there are other contributes. Also there is no one gene that has been singled out so there is no "gay gene," if anything there is more proof that hormone exposure in the womb leads to someones sexuality, but there is also significant evidence that parenting style is the largest contribute to a person's sexual orientation.

I doubt that JCC is trying to tell you that you chose to be gay so much as pointing out that you are spouting a theory as indisputable fact.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #35
Annwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Um...if you look at what I said you aren't necessarily born gay. Yeah a bit of it is in your genes but no more so than heat problems are genetic, you may have a predisposition due to genetic factors but there are other contributes. Also there is no one gene that has been singled out so there is no "gay gene," if anything there is more proof that hormone exposure in the womb leads to someones sexuality, but there is also significant evidence that parenting style is the largest contribute to a person's sexual orientation.

I doubt that JCC is trying to tell you that you chose to be gay so much as pointing out that you are spouting a theory as indisputable fact.
We got told that it was a gene in our Biology class. To say the least, the parents of one of the kids complained and the teacher got excluded for 3 weeks.....
But yeah. We were told that it was a gene. Who am I more likely to believe? My teacher who was previously a scientist who studied genetics in the human body or some random kid on the internet?
Okay, so I know that the hormonal mix up in the womb occurs and that's what makes people want to change their gender. They end up being born with the mind of one sex and the body of the other sex because of a hormonal mix up.

EDIT: My sister just said that she wishes life was like the SIMS2 because in the SIMS2, two men adn two women can get married without there being any hooha about it. I just turned around and said "that's because the SIMS aren't real, Roisin".
But what she said does make sense. Why does there need to be any hooha about two people of the same sex getting married?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:15 PM   #36
Solumina

Quote:
We got told that it was a gene in our Biology class. To say the least, the parents of one of the kids complained and the teacher got excluded for 3 weeks.....
But yeah. We were told that it was a gene. Who am I more likely to believe? My teacher who was previously a scientist who studied genetics in the human body or some random kid on the internet?
I'm sorry that your teacher doesn't know the difference between a fact and a theory, that or he has access to some really ground breaking genetics that has not been released to the rest of the scientific community, in which case he really should publish that info, it would be of great use to those studying human sexuality.

Quote:
Okay, so I know that the hormonal mix up in the womb occurs and that's what makes people want to change their gender. They end up being born with the mind of one sex and the body of the other sex because of a hormonal mix up.
I have never heard anyone say that hormone levels can cause GID, no study that I have seen has even shown a link. There are disorders such as androgen insensitivity (their body doesn't process testosterone that they are exposed to in the womb) which can cause boys to be born with ambiguous genitalia but they are still biologically male, so maybe that is what you are thinking of, they do not have higher levels of GID than any other group of people and it isn't caused by odd levels of hormonal exposure.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #37
Alarica

Quote:
Why would I choose to like girls when I know that I could very well be killed for it?
This just reads as though you have a problem with the fact that you like girls. If you have a problem with it and would happily renounce your sexuality should your life depend on it, then why not do it already? go find yourself a nice little boyfriend to play with. You may not have chosen to like girls, but it is your choice to be with them.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #38
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarica View Post
This just reads as though you have a problem with the fact that you like girls. If you have a problem with it and would happily renounce your sexuality should your life depend on it, then why not do it already? go find yourself a nice little boyfriend to play with. You may not have chosen to like girls, but it is your choice to be with them.
Yeah Annwyn, live an unsatisfying lie or STFU.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #39
JCC

Quote:
There are plenty of potential reasons for homosexual tendencies, I'm not denying that it might be genetic, but it's not at all proven, they're just making some headway with the research. It's likely to be a mixture of genetic and behavioural determinism, and I'm willing to bet that it's more of the latter. There are more sides to the debate than 'genes' and 'choice'.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #40
Annwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarica View Post
Where the fuck did I say that I had a problem with the fact that I liked girls?
I lost my virginity to a guy. I had sex with a girl. If I had a problem with my sexuality, then I wouldn't have had sex with a girl now would have I?
You sound like a sarcastic bitch. I fucking hate it when people are sarcastic towards me.

I was merely trying to prove the point that being homosexual is not a choice and that JCC shouldn't tell me that I chose a path where I risk being killed because of my sexual preference.
Nobody chooses their sexuality. I certainly never chose to love girls in the same way that I love boys. But just because I never chose to love girls, that doesn't mean that I have a problem with the fact that I love girls, so don't fucking assume that I do. Maybe I worded it wrongly. If that's the case, then I appologise. I should have worded it more carefully.
Solumina: My teacher is a woman. Why does everyone immedeatly assume that scientists are all male?
Apathy's_Child: Why don't you shut the fuck up and just not post in my thread if you have nothing productive to contribute to it, eh?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #41
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Apathy's_Child: Why don't you shut the fuck up and just not post in my thread if you have nothing productive to contribute to it, eh?
Please, for the sake of my sanity, reread it noting the context. You CANNOT have read that as a straight comment.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #42
Solumina

Quote:
Solumina: My teacher is a woman. Why does everyone immedeatly assume that scientists are all male?
They don't, in this case "he" is standard when referring to a person when their gender unknown.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #43
Pyre

The only thing that the twin studies proved is that there is a correlation between genetics and homosexuality, in MALES. There is also a correlation with how many male children a woman has had: the chances of being gay increase with each male born. However, there certainly is not one gene, and I am apt to believe it's a hormonal imbalance that results in homosexual feelings, which would be a cause of multiple genetic variations. But, the research is still new and currently they're only focusing on males because female sexuality is still a mystery, even to scientists.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #44
Solumina

Yeppers, us girlies are just too complex for the human mind to understand
(note: I'm not being sarcastic, we really are beyond current understanding)
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #45
Pyre

Fuck, I don't even understand us. Makes me glad I am not gay. Men are easier to figure out.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:16 PM   #46
Solumina

Oh yeah, though I seem to have managed to find one that thinks like us, well maybe a slightly more simple version, I can still get him to do just about anything if I feed him.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-01-2009, 01:37 PM   #47
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Underwater Ophelia, the job was to express negative views in a thread where they were clearly disagreed with. It wasn't really necessary to bring it up, but do what you want. Those are your views, and while I don't agree with them, you do have the right to say them. I was just wondering why you chose to deliberately risk a negative response to express your views. Of course, homosexuals do that all the time, being open about who they are. You know what? Never mind, forget it, it's your view and not mine and that's really all there is to it.
I've had lesbian sex within two days, and am going on a date with a woman tonight.
I'm purchasing a fake dick to wear under my pants within the week.

I make it pretty clear that I'm a flaming dyke, so I'm not sure how you thought I was serious when I said homosexuality is wrong.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #48
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:

EDIT: My sister just said that she wishes life was like the SIMS2 because in the SIMS2, two men adn two women can get married without there being any hooha about it. I just turned around and said "that's because the SIMS aren't real, Roisin".
But what she said does make sense. Why does there need to be any hooha about two people of the same sex getting married?
Ok, I was going to say something about how there was a time where scientists KNEW the world was flat and that sickness is caused by "bad air," but you're too stupid even for that.

You really seem bent on being persecuted, and I'm not going to entertain that.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #49
JCC

Quote:
I was merely trying to prove the point that being homosexual is not a choice and that JCC shouldn't tell me that I chose a path where I risk being killed because of my sexual preference.
You're a fucking idiot.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:06 PM   #50
magnificent bastard

Quote:
  • In early December, Jose Sucuzhañay, a real estate broker and father of two, was attacked by a gang of men in Brooklyn. They beat him to death with a baseball bat while yelling anti-Hispanic and anti-gay slurs. He had been walking arm-in-arm with his brother, huddling against the cold.
So... if he died....

How does anyone know what they shouted?
magnificent bastard is offline   Reply With Quote