Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-01-2009, 03:29 PM   #51
magnificent bastard

Lame threads.
magnificent bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #52
Corpsey

What is your name?

I am called Corpsey

What is your quest?

I seek the Grail!

What... is your worst fear?

Lame comments. No wa- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:09 PM   #53
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
What is your name?

I am called Corpsey

What is your quest?

I seek the Grail!

What... is your worst fear?

Lame comments. No wa- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I'd +rep you for this if I could. But I am not going Ophie on this.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #54
magnificent bastard

So, your worst fear isn't lame comments?
Old 04-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #55
Corpsey

I'll just be satisfied that it amused atleast one other person. =)

Grin points count more than rep points.

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:13 PM   #56
Duane

Monty Python references are awesome.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:14 PM   #57
Pyre

I usually hate it when people quote the movie, but when it's used well it can be quite humorous.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 04-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #58
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnificent bastard
So, your worst fear isn't lame comments?
No, it's Earthquakes, as I pointed out earlier. I was using rhetoric based off your own comment. If a thread can be lame, a post can also be lame if all it does it claim that [Subject] is lame.

Kinda like Necro running around posting "FAIL" constantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre
I usually hate it when people quote the movie, but when it's used well it can be quite humorous.
Likewise.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #59
Miss Ambient Cloud-Waters

I have two worst fears:
Any place with a "medical smell" (docters' office, dentist, hospital, ect.) I start breathing wierd, my pulse increases sending me into fight or flight mode and my skin feels like its on fire.

And burning alive or in Hell, it just freaks me out.
Miss Ambient Cloud-Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #60
magnificent bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
No, it's Earthquakes, as I pointed out earlier. I was using rhetoric based off your own comment. If a thread can be lame, a post can also be lame if all it does it claim that [Subject] is lame.

Kinda like Necro running around posting "FAIL" constantly.

Likewise.
Ok...

I see what you are typing....

I was just trying (and failed) at trying to be funny.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #61
girasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by a morbid curiosity View Post
No, I've always been way too scared to get piercings.

Actually, the reason I hate needles is 'cause when I was younger, I accidentally pushed a needle through my finger (don't ASK how that happened). It was grotesque.
heh, I see. Maybe to get over it - you should try and just prick yourself with a pin. Something being in your control makes a difference. Hope you don't ever have to have a penicilin shot (:
I stapled my thumb when I was a kid. It was an accident. It went right into my skin and the worst part was taking it out. I am not afraid of staplers. Or staples. I just don't like reloading them. If they are shitty they snap down on your fingers.
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #62
girasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Seriously, why the fuck did you do that?
If I didn't want to say my fear, why the fuck did you think I'd be ok with you shouting it out loud, you cunt.
Alpackas kind of look like ET in my opinion. Do you flip out when you see them?
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #63
Saya

Having a needle poked in my eye particularly, or just having my eyes maimed in anyway, having long needles crammed into my fingers so they cannot bend, having my throat slit, being torn apart or eaten alive (okay, I'm just afraid of zombies), and being disemboweled.

On a more realistic note, dying before I get a chance to do anything meaningful with my life.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #64
Solumina

I fear that my bellybutton being opened and all of my guts falling out. It all goes back to one time when I was a little kid and I somehow got a cut in my bellybutton, the blood made me think that my belly button had come undone.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #65
eternalcrimson

I used to have a really unusal fear. Believe it or not I used be afraid of falling upside down. This was a real problem whenever I used to outside and directly looked up in to the sky. I used to get dizzy and sometimes faint. Luckly I don't really have that fear anymore.......lol whoever said fears have to be rational.

My new fear is dying young and alone. Just even thinking about dying in some random field or without loved ones scare me.
eternalcrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #66
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by girasol View Post
Alpackas kind of look like ET in my opinion. Do you flip out when you see them?
When I first saw previews for Wall-E I panicked a bit because I thought he looked like ET. Hopefully I didn't just ruin Wall-E for Jillian if he liked it.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:00 PM   #67
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalcrimson View Post
I used to have a really unusal fear. Believe it or not I used be afraid of falling upside down. This was a real problem whenever I used to outside and directly looked up in to the sky. I used to get dizzy and sometimes faint. Luckly I don't really have that fear anymore.......lol whoever said fears have to be rational.

My new fear is dying young and alone. Just even thinking about dying in some random field or without loved ones scare me.
I had that fear as a child, or at least that concern. I'd hang upside-down from the Monkey bars and look up (down?) at the sky and worry that I'd start falling toward it.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #68
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
When I first saw previews for Wall-E I panicked a bit because I thought he looked like ET. Hopefully I didn't just ruin Wall-E for Jillian if he liked it.
Nah, Wall-E quite resembles Johnny 5 from "Short Circuit"

Great movie by the way.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #69
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Please, tell me what it it. If it is fucking ET tell me. I can't stand it for my life and I fucking hate it when people think it's something they can fuck around with.
Shit, I didn't realise it was quite so serious! I had a slight fear of ET when I was younger, but only because the movie was so gut wrenchingly sad.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #70
Lady Christine

Anybody else afraid that if you got in a car accident, the windshield glass would slit your throat?
Lady Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #71
Opteron_Man

Off the top of my head, I think my "worst" fear might be oxygen cylinders. The big tall cylinders for a cutting torch setup. Back in high school, I used them with the welding class. I was deathly afraid of them. I recall somebody removing one from the rack and lifting it up and dropping it to drag it over the edge of the cabinet/rack. I just about shit my drawers. I felt like I lived a thousand lifetimes in that second. When the other student was dragging it across the concrete shop floor, I was sweating though my school uniform.

I learned what kind of damage a cylinder will do it the top broke off.
The shop teacher told the class some horror stories. It will go though a wall then though the next wall, then though a row of parked cars and keep going.

I am frightened to death of what that would do to me if it hit me on it’s travels. That is what scares me tho most.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:19 PM   #72
Bonquisha Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Christine View Post
Anybody else afraid that if you got in a car accident, the windshield glass would slit your throat?
Not me. It's safety glass.
Bonquisha Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:27 PM   #73
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Christine View Post
I've been in 2 horrible ones. Horrible as in you'd never be able to tell the make or model of the car anymore... let alone still knowing if it was a 4 door a 2 door.

And I'm not..
Old 04-01-2009, 10:03 PM   #74
Godslayer Jillian

I have no problem with Wall-E, but I still jump if I see Wall-E from the corner of my eye. I guess there's a reason behind my phobia, but I don't know what it is.
In any case, seriously guys, don't fuck around with that. If someone thinks it's funny to taunt me with my fear I'd just leave the site until everyone had forgotten about it.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:42 PM   #75
Alarica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
Someone else's fear of water reminded me of another of mine:
When I first saw Jaws as a child I was quickly enamored with sharks and wanted to study them as a marine biologist. However, years later I began having nightmares about sharks and developed a fear of them. Furthermore, I began having nightmares about water in general, more specifically about what's under the surface of the water. I now have some unresolved fear of creatures living in water, including creatures that do not exist
I actually think mine stems from watching Jaws films aswell. It was made worse when I would go swimming with friends and they'd come up under me and grab my legs. I havent been in a swimming pool and swum, since I was about 12yrs old. I can watch horrors on my own, in the dark, yet I watched Shrooms (yeah it was crap and I laughed through most of it), but the bit in the water had me in a panic, heart racing.

From being in car accidents, if I absolutely HAVE to go in a car, I sit with my eyes shut, gripping the seat, especially on the motorways when there are lorries in the lane next to us. Being in a car and plunging into water would be my ultimate nightmare. I have planned my escape already if that happens, down to how I'd get my kids out aswell.

I think the worst fears seem to come from the smallest thing. As for E.T he scared shit out of me too but the film made me cry. I have been mentally scarred by films I watched in my youth. Pet Sematary and Nightmare on Elm street mainly. Beds and doors.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote