Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
Opteron_Man

What the hell? Are leather Jackets a no-no now!?

I saw this page just tonight.
http://men.style.com/details/feature...d=content_5189

Does this have any substance to it? I found it because I want to know if it is okay to wear my leather jacket without it's belt. It keeps falling out, and I am so thin, it doesn't serve the purpose of tighening around me waist.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
Pyre

You actually read that shit? I couldn't even finish it due to its sheer annoyance.

By belt do you mean one of those lame pieces of textile that hang from the center of the coat? I didn't know leather jackets had those. Maybe it's a new thing.

Lose it.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:09 PM   #3
Lakita in the House!

only bikers and faggots wear leather jackets anyway.
Lakita in the House! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:18 PM   #4
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
You actually read that shit? I couldn't even finish it due to its sheer annoyance.

By belt do you mean one of those lame pieces of textile that hang from the center of the coat? I didn't know leather jackets had those. Maybe it's a new thing.

Lose it.
I didn't finish it either, haha! The jacket I am talking about is my biker jacket.
It looks like Malice's. I will take a pic of it for you in a few minutes.
The belt goes around my waist.
But it falls off if I don't do it up, and when I do it up, I am so thin, it really doesn't help much. It comes undone and flaps around.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:43 PM   #5
Solumina

Get rid of the belt if it doesn't really work for you and don't worry there is nothing wrong with guys wearing leather jackets.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:52 PM   #6
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakita in the House! View Post
only bikers and faggots wear leather jackets anyway.
Hahaha! You would think that wouldn't you! "only bikers and faggots wear leather jackets", that is just the sort of ignorant thing that would fly out of your ugly greasy maw. Don't rip on homosexuals. Don't do it.

You are so misguided and pathetic; you can’t even see how fucktarded you really are.

You are a one man show you know that? A three ring circus on two fat legs!
By the way, I still haven't gotten a visit from either you or your knuckle dragging cronies.

I knew your chest beating threats wouldn’t hold water!
I doubt you could make your sloppy body fit into a nice black leather jacket the way I can, and most of the other people here can. You couldn’t do it with ten tons of axle grease and a shoehorn!

*points and laughs*
Old 03-17-2009, 11:54 PM   #7
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Get rid of the belt if it doesn't really work for you and don't worry there is nothing wrong with guys wearing leather jackets.
Oh, okay thanks Solumina! Glad you came here!
Old 03-17-2009, 11:55 PM   #8
jack_the_knife

Articles on fashion generally don't treat fashions in subcultures.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:16 AM   #9
Opteron_Man

I couldn't post a new pic, the Photobucket site is down for maintenance.
But I will dig up an old pic.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:21 AM   #10
Mystery

i have a leather jacket that i wear in the winter that comes down to my knees it had a belt but i got rid of it cause it didnt serve it purpose and i thought it looked stupid.
Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:04 AM   #11
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Opteron_Man can be a little vicious if he wantss... wow.

The person who wrote that article knows NOTHING about Fashion.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:42 AM   #12
jack_the_knife

Cruise does look like a prick in that picture though.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:57 AM   #13
Opteron_Man

Here, photobucket is back up and running smoothly again.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/IMG_0476.jpg
Old 03-18-2009, 04:14 AM   #14
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Your arm is amazing! O_O;

( I don't like your fingers or hand very much though)
Old 03-18-2009, 04:14 AM   #15
Lakita in the House!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man View Post
Hahaha! You would think that wouldn't you! "only bikers and faggots wear leather jackets", that is just the sort of ignorant thing that would fly out of your ugly greasy maw. Don't rip on homosexuals. Don't do it.

You are so misguided and pathetic; you can’t even see how fucktarded you really are.

You are a one man show you know that? A three ring circus on two fat legs!
By the way, I still haven't gotten a visit from either you or your knuckle dragging cronies.

I knew your chest beating threats wouldn’t hold water!
I doubt you could make your sloppy body fit into a nice black leather jacket the way I can, and most of the other people here can. You couldn’t do it with ten tons of axle grease and a shoehorn!

*points and laughs*
1. I'm flawless. 2. You need to stop being such an emo bitch and get laid. im sure even someone as fugly as you could get another fugly chick if you offered her some crack 3. id rather a BBBW than some anarexic tranny like you 4. i can "rip" on whoever I want. The first amendmant sees to that. besides that makes you pretty hipocritical, that you tell me not to put homos on blast,but you go and call me a retard i would say thats 'ripping" on retarded people.
Lakita in the House! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:17 AM   #16
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post

Yes, it's almost skeletal.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:51 AM   #17
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Yes, it's almost skeletal.
Check this out Humane! Hehehe!
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...IMG_0463-2.jpg
Old 03-18-2009, 05:53 AM   #18
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post

Awwww! May I ask why?
Old 03-18-2009, 06:01 AM   #19
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakita in the House! View Post
1. I'm flawless. 2. You need to stop being such an emo bitch and get laid. im sure even someone as fugly as you could get another fugly chick if you offered her some crack 3. id rather a BBBW than some anarexic tranny like you 4. i can "rip" on whoever I want. The first amendmant sees to that. besides that makes you pretty hipocritical, that you tell me not to put homos on blast,but you go and call me a retard i would say thats 'ripping" on retarded people.
There is nothing "flawless" about you. You are truly ugly on the inside and the outside. I didn't start the rudeness and death threats. You did.
You couldn't understand let alone read the United States Constitution even if your pathetic and pointless life depended on it.

You ARE a retard Lakita, a very fat and ugly one too. You reasoning is full of holes, don't even try. You aren't capable of clear and rational thought, so don't even try to outsmart me.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:07 AM   #20
Opteron_Man

Ladies and gentlemen, I created this thread to continue where the other one left off. The point was to post pictures and chat about them.
Therefore I feel obliged to apologize to all of you because there is a bit of a flame war going on. This member by the name of "Lakita in the House" or whatever name she is currently going by after she was banned, is being rude, saying rude things and making death threats to me. I feel compelled to answer back to “her” because I refuse to sit silent when I am pushed.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:45 AM   #21
Man In Room 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife View Post
Articles on fashion generally don't treat fashions in subcultures.
Dead on Jack.

Opteron, I'd ignore anything about fashion in any mainstream sources if you want to look cool. Style, Details and GQ are aimed at mindless sheep who want to join the mainstream, and being any sort of punk/goth is about not joining the herd mentality. I'm sure those magazines are going to tell you backcombing and black nail polish is out too because, generally speaking, all elements of goth fashion have been out of style for years with the mainstream.

Back when I wore my punk jacket I wore the bottom of the jacket and the belt open when I wanted to look intentionally disheveled. It makes the jacket jangle a lot when you walk and draws attention to yourself. It's a great way to impose on conservatives in public places. I always think of Sid Vicious in The Rock & Roll Swindle. I wore the bottom closed and the belt buckled any other time since it looks nicer. Plus, if you belt the bottom tight and leave the top open it gives your torso a sort of V look of thin hips and large chest. That may not work on you since you're so damned skinny, or maybe it will create the illusion that you are bigger than you are.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:30 AM   #22
Tam Li Hua

Dude...don't take tips like that from a fashion mag! What's "out" today according to Them could be "in" tomorrow, and vice versa.

Just wear what you want, and don't worry about what's coming down the runway in Paris and New York. [That being said, it -is- fun to look at fashion mags on occasion to get ideas, or even for humorous reasons, but not as serious "What should I do [to please society]??" reasons!]
Old 03-18-2009, 09:23 AM   #23
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5 View Post
Dead on Jack.

Opteron, I'd ignore anything about fashion in any mainstream sources if you want to look cool. Style, Details and GQ are aimed at mindless sheep who want to join the mainstream, and being any sort of punk/goth is about not joining the herd mentality. I'm sure those magazines are going to tell you backcombing and black nail polish is out too because, generally speaking, all elements of goth fashion have been out of style for years with the mainstream.

Back when I wore my punk jacket I wore the bottom of the jacket and the belt open when I wanted to look intentionally disheveled. It makes the jacket jangle a lot when you walk and draws attention to yourself. It's a great way to impose on conservatives in public places. I always think of Sid Vicious in The Rock & Roll Swindle. I wore the bottom closed and the belt buckled any other time since it looks nicer. Plus, if you belt the bottom tight and leave the top open it gives your torso a sort of V look of thin hips and large chest. That may not work on you since you're so damned skinny, or maybe it will create the illusion that you are bigger than you are.
Yeah, it was preposterous what they said about wearing our leather jackets! Hahaha! The burned out sheep, by and large, can be fed nearly anything from a magazine and they will believe it and swear by it.

That video was priceless Man In Room 5! Awesome!

I am not anorexic; I don't know why other people think that!
I just don't eat very much. The idea of eating three square meals a day is detestable to me. Before you know it, I will be accused of puking. I don’t puke.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:05 AM   #24
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man View Post
Does this have any substance to it?
From the looks of it, whoever wrote it didn't do so because it's true. They did so because she wants it to be true. In the end, though, it's not true at all.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:15 AM   #25
Serren

Hmm I'd say different things look good with different types of style. For people who are more fashionable or as my husband calls them, trendy a$$holes, I think a leather jacket is harder to pull off within that look than for people who are more like 'us.'

I'd avoid reading those types of articles as well, if you read too many of them your brain is liable to rebel and jump out of your head.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote