Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
Opteron_Man

Haircut, but what kind!?

Folks, I need some advice. I am after a nice goffic haircut.

Initially, I let my hair grow out so I could have enough length to do something cool with it. Therefore; I haven't had a haircut since probably mid 2007. But I haven’t formulated an idea of what to do with my hair.
I can’t decide. It is so long and thick it is obstructing my vision, and getting in my way. When I wear one of the hats I always wear, it is not very neat or tidy with all the hair. I am going for a haircut, but I don't want to fuck this up and get something I will regret.

My ideas suck when it comes to hair. So I could just tell you the things I am after and I hope I can get some suggestions in on what to ask for. I don't know what to tell the barber.

I'd like it to be nice and clean up the back. Have some length on the top for a hawk, But enough length so I can back comb it some times. I think Malice said to shave off the sides. Well, that is a little too vague.
That one that fellow Malice has is real good and that is the one I want, but he is real cryptic about it. Any ideas?

I snapped some pics tonight so you can see what I have.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/IMG_0575.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/IMG_0566.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/IMG_0570.jpg

I know, you will probably say, "just get one that looks good to you". But the problem is, I don't have a good idea and I don't want to make mistake and fuck all that progress up.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
Lady Christine

Get a Mohawk
Lady Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
Cicero

Telling you to shave off your sides isn't being cryptic, it's quite literally all you have to do to get a mohawk haircut. Just look at a picture of a hawk you like, and shave the same sections off your own head. DONE.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
maggot

You are NEVER allowed to get a mohawk. It will make your head look too long, and you will be sad. I promise. I recommend something like Robert Smith. Get it cut choppy, and backcomb it.

But my opinion doesn't matter that much. I recommend you read this. http://www.visual-makeover.com/face.htm
Old 04-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #5
Pyre

Guh. Don't you ever condition/brush that rat nest? It honestly looks like you take no care of your hair. Long hair on you wouldn't be as terrible if you would just take care of it, perhaps straighten it or neatly tie it back.

I also don't understand why so many guys complain their hair is always in their faces. Girls pull off long hair without much difficulty, it should be no different for a male. And again, if you're having difficulty, that's what hair ties are for if you don't want to lop it off.

Just, please, make it look as if you TRIED to take care of it.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #6
Pineapple_Juice

Your hair'd look a lot nicer if you didn't string it all across your face like that. I disagree with maggot and suggest a deathhawk.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
girasol

Keep your hair long.
Invest in a hair straightener and de-frizz serum or something. Tie it back or keep it behind your ears and not all over your face.
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #8
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
Guh. Don't you ever condition/brush that rat nest? It honestly looks like you take no care of your hair. Long hair on you wouldn't be as terrible if you would just take care of it, perhaps straighten it or neatly tie it back.

I also don't understand why so many guys complain their hair is always in their faces. Girls pull off long hair without much difficulty, it should be no different for a male. And again, if you're having difficulty, that's what hair ties are for if you don't want to lop it off.

Just, please, make it look as if you TRIED to take care of it.
I have been so busy, I had put conditioner in it when I showered today, but I hadn't brushed it. I shower everyday, and most times I do put in conditioner.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #9
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by girasol View Post
Keep your hair long.
Invest in a hair straightener and de-frizz serum or something. Tie it back or keep it behind your ears and not all over your face.
Tie it back? Are you sure?
Old 04-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #10
Bonquisha Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man View Post
I think she meant in a ponytail, which I think you could pull off.
Bonquisha Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #11
Pineapple_Juice

Hmmm, would he look good with a little rockabilly pomp?
Old 04-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #12
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonquisha Brown View Post
I think she meant in a ponytail, which I think you could pull off.
Yeah, I know what she meant. But I am getting a taste for wearing ties, long sleeved collared shirts, waistcoats, and overcoats and looking nice and neat and more like an "elegant goth" or whatever you call it

I adore the image of somebody from the 1920's.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #13
Serren

Tieing it back can look good. Its also very easy to try out and very reversible.

I'd suggest maybe cutting it up to your collar length with a few layers in it. You have quite a long face shape and it can be an idea to keep hair a bit shorter if you have that face type.

A good trim might help you be able to manage it a bit better. If you don't like it you can always go shorter.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #14
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Hmmm, would he look good with a little rockabilly pomp?
I can't imagine it, but maybe...
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #15
Opteron_Man

Keep going, I am listening. More suggestions are appricated.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #16
girasol

Quote:
Yeah. If you don't like it you can leave it out or do something else... But unless you have weird growths that you are hiding then it should suit you.
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #17
CrimsonPythonidae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serren View Post
Tieing it back can look good. Its also very easy to try out and very reversible.

I'd suggest maybe cutting it up to your collar length with a few layers in it. You have quite a long face shape and it can be an idea to keep hair a bit shorter if you have that face type.

A good trim might help you be able to manage it a bit better. If you don't like it you can always go shorter.
I agree, this is a good suggestion.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #18
Pineapple_Juice

Yeah no I've decided you should get a big rockabilly pomp.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:20 AM   #19
crucifix

um, yeah, you need a good trim. Get the dry ends cut off and treat it like it is the most fragile thing on the planet! Don't overwash it, don't over heat style it, and don't undercondition it. No one wants to see someone with a rats nest. I know, I just got my almost shoulder length hair cut into a short chin length bob because I killed it with hair dye and heat awhile back and no matter what I did I couldn't repair the dry ends so off they went. Hair is fragile, and it should be treated like it.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:43 AM   #20
Shadows_Jukebox

I instantly like you because you mentioned the 1920's, but seriously if thats the style you want try looking up men from that time and alter the style yourself so it fits better with your "elegant goth" image... other wise I would have to go with the recomendation by Maggot for hair like Robert Smith.
Shadows_Jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:26 PM   #21
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadows_Jukebox View Post
I instantly like you because you mentioned the 1920's, but seriously if thats the style you want try looking up men from that time and alter the style yourself so it fits better with your "elegant goth" image... other wise I would have to go with the recomendation by Maggot for hair like Robert Smith.
Mmmm thanks Shadows_Jukebox! I like the elegant look, but Robert Smith's hair is cool too. I used to back come my hair too.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #22
Catch

I would like to point out the embed feature for photos. We don't have to follow links anymore. It is genius!
Old 04-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #23
Shadows_Jukebox

Quote:
Mmmm thanks Shadows_Jukebox! I like the elegant look, but Robert Smith's hair is cool too. I used to back come my hair too.
well to be honest are you willing to spend a long amount of time on your hair? If not then 1920's greasing and coming may not work out, but if you can then maybe combing it back, then comb part of it to the side and curl the tip around.... I hope I'm making sense but I couldn't find an image illustrating what I imagine may suit you.
Shadows_Jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #24
mashpotato

I think you could just simply maintain your long hair. Nowadays, Having a hair that long is a dream to some.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #25
Opteron_Man

I tyed my hair in a pony tail to see how it looks, and I didn't like it.