Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 08-27-2011, 01:29 AM   #1
CptSternn

Ron Paul And FEMA

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...onse-necessary

Quote:
GILFORD, N.H. -- After a lunch speech today, Ron Paul slammed the Federal Emergency Management Agency, or FEMA, and said that no national response to Hurricane Irene is necessary.

"We should be like 1900; we should be like 1940, 1950, 1960," Paul said. "I live on the Gulf Coast; we deal with hurricanes all the time. Galveston is in my district.

"There's no magic about FEMA. They're a great contribution to deficit financing and quite frankly they don't have a penny in the bank. We should be coordinated but coordinated voluntarily with the states," Paul told NBC News. "A state can decide. We don't need somebody in Washington."
So Ron Paul thinks we don't need FEMA, or any government agency to help during emergencies. He says Galveston should be like it was in 1900.

Here is the fun part - Google '1900 Galveston'. Seriously, check it out.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:25 AM   #2
Grausamkeit

Ron Paul is a fucking idiot! I know about the storm, I've lived close to Galveston all my life. It devastated the city and there's never been another storm like it since. Back then they didn't have the abundance of technology that could tell them when or where a storm would hit or how intense it would be. Yeah, we should totally be like we were in the past. /sarcasm

Stupid cunt.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
Despanan

Wow.

Quote:
The Hurricane of 1900 made landfall on the city of Galveston in the U.S. state of Texas, on September 8, 1900.[1] It had estimated winds of 145 miles per hour (233 km/h) at landfall, making it a Category 4 storm on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale.[2] It was the deadliest hurricane in US history, and the second costliest hurricane in US history based on the US dollar's 2005 value (to compare costs with those of Hurricane Katrina and others).
Lolbertarians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote