Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:22 PM   #101
the_cure

Write a book. Hell, write a novel.
the_cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:24 PM   #102
om3gag0th666

Concrete poetry seeks to make it possible for a reader to read and KNOW what the poet is trying to say. Romanticism assumes the reader is themself, and it's that kind of egocentricism that I cannot stand. I strictly write imagist poetry, and concrete poetry. All great literary minds pretty much have, James Joyce, Robert Frost, Joyce Carol Oates, William Faulkner, Langston Hughes, Franz Kafka, Dean Koontz, Anthony Burgess, John Steinbeck, etc.

Actually I've already written one novella, but I am afraid it's too poor to be published. It was basically a personification of the seven deadly sins and all this craziness about genesis and the truth about humanity and its reason for sinning.

It was too linear, I didn't realize how linear it was until I got finished. The characterization and development was poor, and most had massive cardinal traits.
om3gag0th666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:37 PM   #103
Draconysius

Please, Jillian, BlackButterfly, NME, just give it a rest. Some of you haven't been on these boards for long, but I can't even begin to calculate how many times I've gotten in arguments with people like these. These arguments never end on either side, they don't prove or accomplish anything, and they only make you angrier with each post.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:39 PM   #104
om3gag0th666

Haha, go Darconysius. At least you're realizing that it's not ad rem to persist in playing the drubber, for many of you are the drubbed.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:43 PM   #105
roserougesang

I'm not going to get involved in this argument but, OmegaGoth, stop being a prententious little arsemunch and go talk to someone equal to your 'superior' intelligence like a tree or a large pebble.
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:56 PM   #106
om3gag0th666

Oh please, if anyone is "prententious[sic]" it's you. You're mortified by someone being smarter than you. Well deal with it, you guys are better at sucking. I'll have to concede defeat in defeating at life.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:59 PM   #107
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3gag0th666
you guys are better at sucking.
This may be your oppinion, but the words carry no weight.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:03 PM   #108
om3gag0th666

It isn't my "oppinion[sic]," it happens to be a fact actually. Think about it, you guys can't get jobs because people discriminate against you, no one takes you seriously because you don't share their beliefs. People don't like you from the start because of preconcieved notions about your beliefs because you wear your goth regalia as a flag to the world. It recieves the same disdain and solly as neo-nazis and the white supremacist movement known as the |< |< |<

Do you still think it's an opinion?
Old 11-15-2006, 08:04 PM   #109
TSW|Abaddon

Quote:
I'm a bit of a troll sometimes, but I offer people the ability to have some chaos and disjointedness in their life. Without me, your life wouldn't be as good. It would be very boring.
Wow, what a fucking ego. I've been to war, I don't need anymore "chaos and disjointedness" in my life. What a pathetic attempt to rationalize poor behavior. I find it amazing that you feel its logical for you to make an "informed" decision on an entire sub-culture based on your personal encounters. That's not very intellectual now is it? I'll give you credit for you mastery of the english language but that's it. Otherwise your just another egotistical, pedantic asshat. I'm done with you, I'm not going to bother feeding your flagrant misuse of intellect.
TSW|Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:05 PM   #110
roserougesang

Quote:
Oh please, if anyone is "prententious[sic]" it's you. You're mortified by someone being smarter than you. Well deal with it, you guys are better at sucking. I'll have to concede defeat in defeating at life.
And, may I ask, what makes you think you have authority over everyone here? You've been here for about two days being a complete self-righteous twit and you're insulting brilliant members that have been here for much longer than you. Jillian has been here for a year longer than you. I personally don't think you have the right to boss him, or anyone else, around like this.

Shoo!

Old 11-15-2006, 08:07 PM   #111
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSW|Abaddon
Wow, what a fucking ego. I've been to war, I don't need anymore "chaos and disjointedness" in my life. What a pathetic attempt to rationalize poor behavior. I find it amazing that you feel its logical for you to make an "informed" decision on an entire sub-culture based on your personal encounters. That's not very intellectual now is it? I'll give you credit for you mastery of the english language but that's it. Otherwise your just another egotistical, pedantic asshat. I'm done with you, I'm not going to bother feeding your flagrant misuse of intellect.
Well my mastery of the "english[sic]" langauge is why I'm not off murdering in the neo-christian crusades.

Have fun, you drop the "I've been in war" card like some black person talking about rights. I know many people who have been in war, I know many people who have been persecuted, and treated like crap. They don't whine, save it for someone who cares.

--

Also, seniority isn't synonymous with wisdom, respect, or intellect.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:09 PM   #112
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
...Do you still think it's an opinion?
Yes, I do.
Your oppinion was that we suck, not that we have to deal with some shit (basically just like everyone else in life).

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:09 PM   #113
TSW|Abaddon

Quote:
It isn't my "oppinion[sic]," it happens to be a fact actually. Think about it, you guys can't get jobs because people discriminate against you, no one takes you seriously because you don't share their beliefs. People don't like you from the start because of preconcieved notions about your beliefs because you wear your goth regalia as a flag to the world. It recieves the same disdain and solly as neo-nazis and the white supremacist movement known as the |< |< |<

Do you still think it's an opinion?
This warrants a response, yes. Once again your generalizing an entire sub-culture. You also fail to understand the definition of what "goth" is. You also attempt to quantify your intelligence based on your use of the english language and your average debating skills. To say that your smarter based on this conversation and your preconcieved notions of the goth sub-culture is idiotic at best. The fact that you started a flame war to stroke your ego is damning evidence as to how unintelligent you really are.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:10 PM   #114
TSW|Abaddon

Hell, responding to this is another great example of how your to stupid to see that your being a jerk.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:13 PM   #115
roserougesang

I think we should just start ignoring him. He seems to have a bad superiority complex......................either that or he's just an asshole. Either name sounds appropriate at the moment.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:13 PM   #116
om3gag0th666

My debating skills are fantastic compared to yours. My rhetoric and logic is ground-shattering compared to your feeble-minded ad hominem arguments.

You don't know what intelligence means in the first place, you keep using it wrong, do you mean KNOWLEDGE? My KNOWLEDGE is what gives me mastery, not my INTELLIGENCE. Intelligence is aptitude, potential, etc. Knowledge is tangible, intelligence is intangible in ways.

You still can't use your correctly, let me help you: your is the possesive form of you, you're is the conjunction of you are.

Your ball
Your game
You're stupid
You're great

Got it? Good, never make that mistake again soldier boy, oh soldier boy.

--

Now stop responding.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:14 PM   #117
om3gag0th666

Quote:
your to stupid to see
You're too stupid to see. Come on man, you screwed up two words in a row, is that like a retard combo?

Quote:
He seems to have a bad superiority complex
I'm shocked you can spell superiority correctly, what else can you do? Can you juggle?
Old 11-15-2006, 08:16 PM   #118
TSW|Abaddon

Quote:

Nice ad hominem, hypocrit.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:16 PM   #119
roserougesang

(directed at Omegagoth)Nope, sorry. If anyone gets the last word on this it won't be you, asswipe.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:18 PM   #120
TSW|Abaddon

Really, if you can't understand that someones use of the english language isn't an absolute method of determining someones intelligence then your just as stupid the people you hate.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:19 PM   #121
om3gag0th666

It will be me, don't worry. I can argue until the sun explodes. Also

@Abbygail: I backed up my assertion with logic, you can't say that people do not discriminate fiercely against the 'goth' subculture. I didn't make it this way, and I personally don't discriminate against people who dress like clowns and cut themselves. I usually offer them therapy, and advice.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:23 PM   #122
TSW|Abaddon

Way to oversimplify the issue, that's not very logical. That's fine though, the more you talk the more you show us how stupid you really are.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:27 PM   #123
TSW|Abaddon

If you had one iota of common sense you would just leave this flame war as is. But I'm sure your going to keep hammering on because your to stupid to see how much of a jerk you are.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:31 PM   #124
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Really, if you can't understand that someone's use of the English language isn't an absolute method of determining someone's intelligence, then you're just as stupid the people you hate.
I had to fix that, it was all messed up. By the way, what else do you know kiddo?

Let's see if dates ring a bell to you:

If not dates, then tell me who are the five most important rulers of Rome (the big ones like Augustus).

If not that, what about the reason why neon gas lights up (hint: valence electrons).

If not that, explain the rammifications of imprisoning Napolean off of Corsica near Italy? What major fight occured after it? Where did his exile lead to?

If not that, what about the punic wars, who lead them? What famous route was taken?

What is Blitz Kreig warfare? Who used it? Who started using it circa 1800 and dubbed it 'lightning warfare'?

Why were American cars designed to look the way they did in the 1970's and late 60's?

What is the name of our 2nd president?

I could go on about stupid trivia stuff I know, but my intelligence lies in the fact that I know these things and can connect the ideas and synthesize them into greater ideas.

That's the sign of human rationale, and sentience. I am trying to master synthesis, great men such as Newton, and Einstein were synthesizers, so was Copernicus.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:35 PM   #125
BlackButterfly

Quote:
Concrete poetry seeks to make it possible for a reader to read and KNOW what the poet is trying to say. Romanticism assumes the reader is themself, and it's that kind of egocentricism that I cannot stand. I strictly write imagist poetry, and concrete poetry. All great literary minds pretty much have, James Joyce, Robert Frost, Joyce Carol Oates, William Faulkner, Langston Hughes, Franz Kafka, Dean Koontz, Anthony Burgess, John Steinbeck, etc.
OK, you're a poet/amateur novelist--good for you. I know about poetry and literature; I read it, and I love it. Unfortunately, it is not in my talent to write it. I understand and admire the words, imagery, and I love the meter aspect of poetry (in fact, nothing pleases me at times like reading aloud a poem with a fun meter)... but I don't have the emotional need to try and write a poem or story that would suck spectacularly anyway. I can express the same emotion by painting or sketching (or just staring in sparkly-eyed wonder at) my object of admiration. Hell, I love music, architecture and sculpture, but I can't design a brilliant work of any of those either.

Apparently you are talented in writing. Unfortunately this skill and vocabulary developed at the expense of your personal skills, because honestly, the way you have shown out in this forum, your personality must have gone the way of the human tail (either vestigial or nonexistent, but I'm pretty sure in your "brilliant literary mind" that was painfully obvious...).

How many people do you know that are talented in every aspect of everything with which they come into contact? Not being to break a poem or story down into its literary elements does not make anyone less of a person. Can you sew? If not, are you subhuman because you couldn't even repair a rip in a pair of pants? I think not, bub, and if you truly think this then I am sad for your pathetic idea of existence.

I pride myself in the fact that I can spell, and that my vocabulary is indeed mighty (and by the way, smartass, I was using a parallel phrase to make a point--I know what "patronize" and "condescend" mean). I just happen to enjoy conversation with others without the plethora of blank and/or quizzical stares when someone doesn't know what the hell I'm talking about. You, on the other hand, must talk to yourself a lot...
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote