Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-06-2010, 07:31 AM   #201
Azareal Crow

I'm 24 and 14 is still young to me.
Azareal Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:39 AM   #202
Tam Li Hua

Azrareal: I think in a couple of years, even Onyx will consider it young. lol

Onyx: BTW, it's not hard to lie about one's age on t3h Internetz; kids do it all the time to get on sites they shouldn't be on. Then again, they're usually pretty easy to spot for us old fogies.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:57 AM   #203
Ben Lahnger

OnyxBat, I actually stopped having a problem with you after page 2, where you initially acknowledged the challenges inherent in how you started this thread. I want you to know, since you seem to be taking this pretty hard, that while my posts since then have at times made a point of picking on that thread origin, they were not meant to be directed at you. I was just engaging the people who were trying to say there was some valid subject to be discussed, and to that point the thread origin had to be critiqued. But I get that you were wiser and trying to get the heat off you for posting it on page 2. I respect your responses since that point, unlike the things that have been posted in subsequent pages by some people.

Oh, and to answer your question, there are eight pages to this thread because something like 5 pages of content are thread-jacking material unrelated to the original post, 2 pages are a debate about whether there is a worthy subject to be discussed here and 1 page worth of content is stupidity incarnate.

I wouldn't stress out about it any more if I were you.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:59 AM   #204
OnyxBat

I just don't like to be treated like a child that has no knowledge of anything.
Yes I do know that kids do lie about their age, my 9 year old cousin dose it a lot.
OnyxBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:05 AM   #205
OnyxBat

Your Right Ben but some people *cough,Alan, cough, Sin, cough,cough* like to stress things and make them into bigger unimportant things that are unnecessary
Old 08-06-2010, 08:16 AM   #206
Ben Lahnger

Oh, I wouldn't worry about Alan. After chewing us all a new asshole for engaging in discussions with trolls elsewhere on this board that we were supposed to be ignoring, Alan has got himself into a reoccurring hypocritical battle of wits with DMW (which he is losing), even after he's agreed we should all be ignoring DMW.

I wonder when he will take his own advice ... because until he does, he shouldn't be giving any to anyone else

Oh, and OnyxBat, for your own well-being, don't comment on this. Alan will be pissed at me, and I can take it. You don't need any more flack at this time.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 08-06-2010, 08:17 AM   #207
Anarasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxBat View Post
Yes I do know that kids do lie about their age, my 9 year old cousin dose it a lot.
Not to offend you, but this treatment springs from the fact that almost every post you have made to make or defend a point has been outright wrong. Or misleading at best.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:22 AM   #208
OnyxBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarasha View Post
Not to offend you, but this treatment springs from the fact that almost every post you have made to make or defend a point has been outright wrong. Or misleading at best.
your right but some people take it over the limit sometimes.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:27 AM   #209
Sinjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Going back to another topic. There are two spellings nigar and niggar. I don't remember which one is the ethnically offensive one, so I usually just stay away from using either. Niger is fine. That's a country.

Anyway, I'm white of a non-hispanic origin.
Could we please avoid the emphasis of what dialectic nigge3s gonna be? Because this is only more fuel of stupidity for onxybat. I was using it as a joke and nothing more. That's the problem alot with this site, the STUPIDEST things are taken seriously.
And by the way its nigguh and nigga last time I checked.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:28 AM   #210
Sinjob

Quote:
Don't ACT like a child. Even on the internet. That includes doing away with your pretentiousness a well. You are still a kid, and have a lot to learn. Nothing more til you learn and grow. Come on.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #211
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjob View Post
Don't ACT like a child .... You are still a kid ...
This IS the stupidest thing I have seen in this thread.

The most juvenile behavior I have seen in this thread has been the continuing piling on of all the adults who think it's fair to keep criticizing a 14 year-old kid after said kid acknowledged the error he/she made and stated he/she wished he/she had never started this thread.

And yes, OnyxBat has made a few poorly thought out responses to people in the pages since then, but that's because he/she is 14!

SinJob, I expect 14 year-olds to act like a child ... because they ARE children!

Why don't you pick on someone your own age.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 08-06-2010, 08:49 AM   #212
Sinjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
And yes, OnyxBat has made a few poorly thought out responses to people in the pages since then, but that's because he/she is 14!

SinJob, I expect 14 year-olds to act like a child ... because they ARE children!

Why don't you pick on someone your own age.
Granted, but look at the facade s/he's putting up. Trying too hard to outwit me and everyone else telling them not what s/he wants to hear.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #213
Apathy's_Child

Being 14 only excuses a certain level of idiocy. 14 is young, sure, but not a child. We've had plenty of younger members who manage to avoid being dicks abut it. In fact, JCC is now too old to have that as his thing anymore - that's why we now get pictures of him in purple plastic sunglasses of the kind people put on their pets to take "hilarious" pictures - he's trying to find his new angle.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #214
OnyxBat

Ben I'm a girl, and HA! That's What you get you stupid ass! (that is for sin, not Ben)
Old 08-06-2010, 08:53 AM   #215
OnyxBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
Being 14 only excuses a certain level of idiocy. 14 is young, sure, but not a child. We've had plenty of younger members who manage to avoid being dicks. In fact, JCC is now too old to have that as his thing anymore - that's why we now get pictures of him in purple plastic sunglasses of the kind people put on their pets to take "hilarious" pictures - he's trying to find his new angle.
Weird...that's what my grandmother told me on my birthday.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #216
Sinjob

Quote:
Ben I'm a girl, and HA! That's What you get you stupid ass! (that is for sin, not Ben)
You know I am being a hard ass. Mainly because I was just like you once, actually a lot worse. But still I don't hurt myself over it because I was overall comofrortable in the state I was in. I know how shitty it must be to have someone like me raining on what seems to be everything you say. But you have to adjust your shit, stop pulling stuff out of your ass. It doesn't look good.
And poking fun of people on the internet is a good but addicting hobby to pass the time.

I'm sorry for jumping out of my way to attack you because that blinds the points I'm trying to make: stop trying.

Good day, babybat.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #217
Ben Lahnger

So, if a 14-year old is a dick (I wouldn't have used that phrase, but I'll go with it), then the appropriate response is for 24 year-old's (and older) to apply the wisdom and experience of their years to being even worse dicks back? Huh, that doesn't seem fair to me.

BTW, JCC is a terrible example ... he's much smarter than the average bear ... and he's been a right royal dick many, many times.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 08-06-2010, 09:04 AM   #218
Sinjob

Quote:
So, if a 14-year old is a dick (I wouldn't have used that phrase, but I'll go with it), then the appropriate response is for 24 year-old's (and older) to apply the wisdom and experience of their years to being even worse dicks back? Huh, that doesn't seem fair to me.
DEPENDS on the person.

Onxybat comes off VERY sheltered. Just as I was and pretty much most babybats. Pissed off at their parents for making them dress in polos and spend embarrassing time with family members they hate. At least that was me.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #219
OnyxBat

I was just defending myself just like you defend your jokes. And if I weren't comofrortable then why am I still here.
And thank you for your unasked for time.
I'll stop trying when you stop attacking people.
Good day to you to sir.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #220
Ben Lahnger

Okay, sheltered may be the case, or perhaps we could call it the general inexperience with the world that all 14 year-old's share. The rest of that was condescending generalizations and uncalled for, except for the part where you said "at least that was me."

So, you see your role here at Gnet as the seasoned adult who wises up the babybats to the ways of the world?

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 08-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #221
OnyxBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjob View Post
DEPENDS on the person.

Onxybat comes off VERY sheltered. Just as I was and pretty much most babybats. Pissed off at their parents for making them dress in polos and spend embarrassing time with family members they hate. At least that was me.
I am sheltered but not in that way, my parents dont agree with my choice of lifestyle but they try to adcept it. It's really like this, I do good in school and then I get to do what I want while they brag about my grades to other family members.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #222
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Eh, I have three older brothers for whom the above could have been written. If you savvy up enough to realize when they may have a point, it doesn't hurt you and can shake your head out from up your ass on occasion.

Quote:
BTW, JCC is a terrible example ... he's much smarter than the average bear ... and he's been a right royal dick many, many times.
As much as I love winding the little fucker up, I'd have to take issue with this. He's rarely a rampant dick without provocation of some kind.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:15 AM   #223
Sinjob

Quote:
So, you see your role here at Gnet as the seasoned adult who wises up the babybats to the ways of the world?
HELL no. I don't have any role on Gnet, especially not that one considering I'm 16.
But sometimes I feel too aggravated in seeing babybat rants; too much reminder of my former self because I was really a little shit...for the most part. And I'm not saying this is the case with her, either. But you have to admit she's been pulling stuff out of her ass just because I was attacking her. And of course it's understandable, but still laughable.
Onyxbat you're on a great path with your folks. Keep it that way and keep showing gratitude.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #224
OnyxBat

Thanks...why don't we post up another thread to not get people confused.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:21 AM   #225
Sinjob

Quote:
Thanks...why don't we post up another thread to not get people confused.
You and I both know this thread is going nowhere. I say no, plus for me it's settled.