Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:49 PM   #51
killer_asian_Dax

Lmao!!! That made my night.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:18 PM   #52
Neurosis

Racism is all over and we cannot do anything to stop it. I am Hispanic (as mentioned before), but I have a white-caucasian appearance. I have black hair and black eyes, but almost pale skin. My community is comprised of Black/Hispanic people. I am sometimes lashed out because of my light complexion, and are either surprised, or offended when I tell them I am Hispanic.

I always think of this: why can't a Hispanic person have light skin? Are there all these stereotypes that Hispanics cannot have light skin? What if a person were to be born and raised in a country in Africa, but are White-caucasian with blonde hair and blue eyes? They are real Africans, but coming over to the US, no one would want to believe that person, just because their skin complexion is light. Would they be eligible for any African scholarships for college? Or be denied because their skin isn't "black"?
Neurosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:27 AM   #53
Nicola

Prejudice is irrational and quite stupid.
Nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:33 AM   #54
MollyMac

Prejudice is not irrational. Most of it is based on one's past experiences being projected onto current and future ones. It's more in line with the notion that history repeats itself, people being the sums of their history and all, than on individual odds such as a coin toss.

It is easier to lump sum based on a common trait and assume that the coin will always land on heads than to understand individual occurrances.

It's easy to hate on what you can see with your eyes, it takes intelligence to insult intelligence.

Let them live small and die alone. Your living well is punishement enough.