Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:42 PM   #1
NecromanticSunshine

Wink Gothic Compilations

This is the only term I could think for them. I'm talking about those CDs you can buy that have various Artists and songs.

I have The Unquiet Grave 2000. I kind of jacked it from an ex. I don't have the case anymore, so if anyone else has this compilation could you tell me some of the songs and artists? I have no clue. One of the songs on it has a repetitive line "necromantic sunshine" (hence my username) so I'm figuring that's the title.

I also have Cleopatra Records' Darkest Millenium. It actually have mostly synthesized remixes, but they're still awesome with bands like the Genitorturers, Switchblade Symphony, Gary Numan, Electric Hellfire Club, and Missing Persons (with the remix done by Kevin Haskins of Bauhaus) amoung other artists.

Know of any other compilation CDs you'd recommend?
NecromanticSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:55 PM   #2
Blushing Heliophobe

If you know the name of a CD it's not too hard to find on Google or my personal favorite, Amazon.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:05 AM   #3
Sanctus Dei

The Cold Meat Comp (Mortiis!! Deche Nepal..)...
Any Projekt collections (Black Tape)
Or Wax Trax... (Front Line Assem, KMFDM, etc...)
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:07 AM   #4
Inky

If you can get your hands on Terrorizer (an English magazine), they always put together a great compilation CD for each issue. They usually have a nice mixture of different forms of extreme music. It's mostly metal, but often there are some tracks that I would think of as goth music. (I say this because I don't listen to enough goth music to be able to define it)
Inky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:43 AM   #5
Binkie

Goth's Undead [Box Set]
Released by Cleopatra in the late 90s. Has alot of diversity to it. Includes bands you should recognize as well as many bands you may not. Some bands featured on it: Deep Eynde, Big Electric Cat, The Damned, Delerium, Alien Sex Fiend, Funhouse, etc.

What Sweet Music They Make (The Vampire Guild Compilation Vol. 3)
Features alot more diversity with a nice balance between upbeat and mellow tracks. Has a few soundbites thrown inbetween tracks. Thought it was funny that a Beavis and Butthead soundbite made it onto a Goth Comp CD. Bands include: Suspira, The Horatii, Corpus Delicti, Brotherhood of Pagans, Sopor Aeternus, etc.

Dark Pleasures: Gothic Rock Collection
Though the title says Gothic Rock, it really isn't all Gothic Rock. Features a great variety of 80s classics and throws in some more upbeat modern tracks. If you're not interested in the others, this one is certainly worth looking into if you like alot of classic 80s Goth. Bands include: Shriekback, Magazine, Echo and the Bunnymen, Killing Joke, The Cramps, etc.

Gothik
Another Cleopatra comp released in '95 I believe. Again, nice diversity where classic 80s goth meets the more alterative twist that the genre took in the 90s. Bands include: Rosetta Stone, Kommunity FK, Two Witches, Nosferatu, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, etc.

note: You're going to have a hell of a time trying to find any of these CDs that aren't already used. I'd recommend you check out and listen to a few of the tracks from these comps on Amazon if you're interested in any of these.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:51 PM   #6
Metatron

I think I saw a compilation of the best 100 gothic songs of all time...I'll see if I can get a link.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:39 AM   #7
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
I really like the Projekt compilations.
Call me a sucker, but I picked up A Dark Noel.
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:21 AM   #8
dramaasylum

try drama asylum @

www.soundclick.com/dramaasylum 13 elctro industrial goth tracks FREE 4 download
dramaasylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 03:29 PM   #9
lycanthroat

I prefer put together some kind of gothic: from really heavy like cradle of filth to bauhaus or 69 eyes, from leaves eyes to mozart's requiem.
lycanthroat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:25 PM   #10
Death101

Any Metropolis Records sampler, Asleep By Dawn samplers, Princess Gothica, The Best of Gothic Radio
Death101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:09 PM   #11
cannibalnuns

Eh.... Maybe, Meatbeat Manifesto?
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote