Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:56 PM   #1
Katshin88@Gmail.com

Black Sabbath

I'm wondering if anyone is into Black Sabbath. Personally I like the original lineup but I guess the rest is good.
Katshin88@Gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 05:18 PM   #2
Katshin88@Gmail.com

Wow, I'm surprised no one heard of the band or even dislike it.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:41 PM   #3
Disfunction

I highly doubt that "no one heard of the band".

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:25 PM   #4
Katshin88@Gmail.com

Yeah you're right, they just ignore it. Then again there are people who have never heard of the band. Anyway what I meant by "no one heard of the band" I mean no one in this site heard their music. I highly recomend them. They write awesome lyrics.

Anyway don't grammar at all.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:41 PM   #5
Black Gestalt

People ignore black sabbath? Their probably the most well known metal band of all time...

But of course, it's all great. I do, however, actually prefer ozzy's solo stuff. Mr. Crowley was such a great song.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:48 PM   #6
tekajo

i prefer Black Sabbath with Ozzy..Dio was ok. But to me the original lineup was the best.

i am amazed sometimes how little people know about the bands they claim to be their favourite. In college a few years back (before The Osbournes) a kid next door to me in the dorms had a nice collection of original Sabbath records, one of them was rather rare, yet, he thought Ozzy was from Alabama.

lol.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 02:52 PM   #7
Katshin88@Gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Gestalt
People ignore black sabbath? Their probably the most well known metal band of all time...

But of course, it's all great. I do, however, actually prefer ozzy's solo stuff. Mr. Crowley was such a great song.
I agree, that Mr. Crowley song is awesome, but I think that Original Sabbath and Ozzy's solo work are equally good.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:54 PM   #8
Katshin88@Gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo
i prefer Black Sabbath with Ozzy..Dio was ok. But to me the original lineup was the best.

i am amazed sometimes how little people know about the bands they claim to be their favourite. In college a few years back (before The Osbournes) a kid next door to me in the dorms had a nice collection of original Sabbath records, one of them was rather rare, yet, he thought Ozzy was from Alabama.

lol.
Wow, that's pretty sad. Ozzy from Alabama? I can't imagine how.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:36 PM   #9
Katshin88@Gmail.com

Talking

Well, just to let you know, I like other songs besides Iron Man and Paranoid. I also like War Pigs(originally Walpurgis), Fairies wear boots, Children of the Grave etc. The original lineup are from Birmingham/Aston.

I know I'm a freak but I assure you I do have a life. lol.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:40 PM   #10
Nardol

I like old Sabbath.
Nardol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 06:41 PM   #11
Katshin88@Gmail.com

So do I. I find it sad that there was only one founding member who stayed in the band the whole time. That man is Tony Iommi.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:46 PM   #12
Jane13

Some of my friends (sam in my quote at the bottom is a GREAT guitarist) have this sort of classic rock band... they do some Black Sabbath stuff. I like the band Black Sabbath, but I think it's more fun to see my friends perform, and very interesting... I've known them for a long time and their lead singer is so twitchy he would be exiled by squirrels. And he does a strange bird dance that looks like something out of the ministry of silly walks... Also, people say my dad talks like Ozzy.. and looks like Santa Claus. Sorry for the tangent. Oh, and I like some old and new Ozzy stuff ^.^
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 08:13 PM   #13
Katshin88@Gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane13
Some of my friends (sam in my quote at the bottom is a GREAT guitarist) have this sort of classic rock band... they do some Black Sabbath stuff. I like the band Black Sabbath, but I think it's more fun to see my friends perform, and very interesting... I've known them for a long time and their lead singer is so twitchy he would be exiled by squirrels. And he does a strange bird dance that looks like something out of the ministry of silly walks... Also, people say my dad talks like Ozzy.. and looks like Santa Claus. Sorry for the tangent. Oh, and I like some old and new Ozzy stuff ^.^
That first part sounds like fun. I guess it would be fun to see friends perform renditions of songs. Also, I think that Ozzy was a Python fan and thought the walks were cool hehehe. ^.^
Old 10-16-2005, 09:07 PM   #14
1TOOMANY

Sabbath was goth before goth was even considered a genre of music. Coming out of an era that was all about love and peace, talk about blowing fucking minds. You have them to thank for just about every band heavy band you hear today. Talk about rebelious and way ahead of their time. Don't get me wrong there were a small handful of other rebelious bands at that time (MC5 being one of them). But nobody as evil as Sabbath. Go head pick up any of your heavier cd's you have at home regardless of genre and there's a good chance Sabbath already wrote that riff 20 some years ago before. I don't think any band is going to have that big of an impact on the music industry like sabbath did (as far as heavy music goes). Since everything you hear now has been recycled 100 times over, regurtitated back up, eaten again, shit out and repackaged into a cd case. I'm not saying they're the only band that paved the way for heavy music. But if they're not who is? There are others who have definatley given a hand. But as far as beating bands to the punch with dark eerie, evil, heavy ass guitar driven dumptruck loads of hell they are the fucking pioneers!
Old 10-16-2005, 09:14 PM   #15
Icarus

Is it true that Black Sabbath wrote a song with the lyrics "I am Iron Man, smokin' Marijuana outta pepsi can". I have looked through lyrics sites, and it doesn't seem to show up with the song, but I am wondering if it is a secret track or something along those lines.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:39 PM   #16
1TOOMANY

Your 15 aren't you?
Old 10-16-2005, 09:41 PM   #17
Icarus

Subtract a year from that, and you will have the correct answer. I am 14, if you are incapable of doing math, or too lazy, like myself, to do so.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:53 PM   #18
Katshin88@Gmail.com

I agree that Sabbath was a great pioneering band. I am also sad to say that there isn't anything like it this decade *sigh* but Sabbath wasn't the only band that influnces today's metal. Bands from the 80s-now also try to emulate Led Zeppelin and AC/DC as well.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:58 PM   #19
Katshin88@Gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus
Is it true that Black Sabbath wrote a song with the lyrics "I am Iron Man, smokin' Marijuana outta pepsi can". I have looked through lyrics sites, and it doesn't seem to show up with the song, but I am wondering if it is a secret track or something along those lines.
Wow, hahaha, where did you here that from? That's kind of funny to hear or in this case read. I believe there is no such thing as what you heard and I also think that someone that told you this tid bit misheard the song Iron Man. Then again the possibilities are endless. LOL
Old 10-24-2005, 03:31 PM   #20
Which_ones_Pink?

Yeah, you've been misinformed about the Iron man lyrics.

I like solo Ozzy, Rhandy Rhodes was awesome. Ozzy wasn't as dark as Sabbath, but the music was great.
And they have that rubbish version of Crazy train as the Osbournes theme. Now THAT'S a riff!
Which_ones_Pink? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:26 PM   #21
Katshin88@Gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Which_ones_Pink?
Yeah, you've been misinformed about the Iron man lyrics.

I like solo Ozzy, Rhandy Rhodes was awesome.
Yeah, it's a shame that he died so soon.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:41 PM   #22
leonheart

ozzy was the best thing that ever culd have happend to black sabbath but he got fed up with them and they got fed up with him so he left/forced out of the band
i have to admit ozzy is a lot better solo
leonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 09:48 AM   #23
Una

Mr. Crowley is an awesome song, it's ironic because I have a teacher named Mr. Crowley. I like the original line-up but Ozzy's solo career is good too.
Una is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 08:15 PM   #24
Defy

I love Black Sabbath

and waiting for the new album
Defy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 08:12 PM   #25
Katshin88@Gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Una
Mr. Crowley is an awesome song, it's ironic because I have a teacher named Mr. Crowley. I like the original line-up but Ozzy's solo career is good too.
If you haven't noticed, the song Mr. Crowley is about Aleister Crowley, a guy who established a couple of different cults. Later in life he went crazy.

Just letting you know if you didn't know.