Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #26
Valhalla

^ I'm going to be honest, I didn't know there was actually a market for human remains. I'm going to have to look into this. Well, I'm going to look into this until I come across too much of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krampus View Post
Anyway, he wore it for a day or two, but eventually ground it up and smoked some of it, and ate the rest.
I wish I never read this. I'm sad, and grossed out.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #27
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krampus View Post
Exactly what stigma is that? Reclusive people tend to not make a lot of friends? I wonder how that school of thought came around...
Do you honestly think that is the only thing that came across in your posts about this person? Are you that unaware of what you are saying?
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #28
CptSternn

You can buy human bones from medical supply companies in India. They are normally for schools and such, but anyone can order them sure.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #29
Blue_Ballerina

Okay I am with Miss Absynthe on this one. That was just plain fucked to write about someone's mental illness and humiliate someone like that. Not all people who are mentally ill have no friends. And if I were that dude talking about me behind my back about my mental health problems on the internet would make me not want to be your friend anymore. It isn't so much that people without mental illnesses have few friends because they are mental (because most are really bright, especially the type of mental illness you are talking about *schizophrenia* due to the "word salad" comment. And yes there are exceptions) it's that people are fucked up and they are obviously people that should be avoided. Most of the time what triggers the illness to arise from the genetic inheritance is something tragic that seriously changes them and there is too much going on for them to stay in contact with reality because sometimes reality sucks. But that doesn't mean that we should ostracize them or focus on what's wrong. It's good that he befriended him anyway, regardless of his condition so kudos on that but still dude, if you're going to do right, do all the way right. Don't just smile in his face and pretend everything is okay and then flame him online before a community of people talking about how strange he is. That's two faced. Another thing is, people can become detached from reality due to the occult. That stuff messes with your mind. (I've been there) Just had to let that out.

In regards to the human bone thing, though it turns my stomach to think about where it came from, if you're going to go there, at least do it with gusto. I looked at the site, it was...uninspiring. The little chucks and the cross are rather dull. A whole phalange would be more artistic and would actually achieve the goal of the "spookiness" rather than something that just makes people go "Wtf is that thing around your neck" and you have to explain that it's a lame ass attempt at "being spooky." Well...that's my two cents.
Blue_Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:38 AM   #30
edorien

I feel compelled to echo Miss Absynthe here, talking about someone's health issues behind their back ( anonymously or not) isn't very fair, even in retrospect.

As for the human bones, I've got a few fossilized sea-creatures around here and I don't really see the difference between having the remains of one animal around or another one (age/preservation related differences aside). That said turning them into jewelry is pushing it, even for me.
edorien is offline   Reply With Quote