Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:48 PM   #676
allyssa

no..I was commenting on the earlier mentioned stereotypes that the romantic inclination is gender biased toward lonely women, I think love nature sleep dream and other romantic notions are valuable especially escape...why live in a terrifying world when we can imagine utopias which we can aspire to manifest....if you seriously think I do not know who wrote romeo and juliet then you are definiltly deranged. I've read the book about 8 times and can quote it extensively....but i am also deranged cue david bowie song on lost highway soundtrack "funny how secrets travel...i want to believe if I were to bleed.......
allyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:07 PM   #677
gothicusmaximus

I don't think the implication was that the abstract notion of 'romance' is endemic to lonely women, so much as that the target demographic of wish fulfillment romance novels like Twilight, which features an author-surrogate female heroine and an outrageously idealized male love interest, is composed primarily of lonely women.
A blanket statement applied to romance novels can't be extended to Romeo and Juliet, for, as you know, having read the play 8 times, "The Most Excellent and Lamentable Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet" is not a romance novel, but, in fact, a tragedy. In many ways, Romeo and Juliet is the antithesis of Meyer's books, a beautifully written and staggeringly real portrait of teenage 'love' that unfolds in such a way as to thwart any attempt at vicarious happiness undertaken by the reader.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:33 AM   #678
allyssa

yes , but sorrow can be entirely romantic, and yes, it is very real in that it ruminates on the transient and intense infatuations of youth in poetic genius
but it none the less is a story of love....as is de sade's complex and disturbed prose, much of which I have lived first hand as both justine and juliette, victim and perpetrator. But I must agree when I go to the drug store and see titles such as: " big daddy" or "from heaven he came"
I must agree that it might all be shit but alas I have never read one and it may fill some need in the female psyche which tragically life cannot fullfill for them
because of beauty standards and monogomous and conventional relationships.....
allyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #679
Saya

Hey Alan...

You can literally fuck Twilight now.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:20 PM   #680
Solumina

Quote:
Toss it in the fridge for that authentic experience.
Wow...that is some kind of special
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #681
linkbroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Sincerely, fuck it!
I was about to put this in the literature section but then I remembered this shit is not literature.
I cannot believe that shit has sold over a million copies and a movie is going to be made out of it. Oh wait, I forgot people suck, yeah, I can believe it. It still does not deserve to happen!
Fuck Stephanie Meyer. Who the fuck does the cunt think she is making playlists for BOOKS!!
The bitch had already believed her idiotic story would be so good it deserved a movie. "Oh my book is so good and it will have a playlist even though books don't have soundtracks and I'll put all the best music ever like Evanescence and My Chemical Romanbe."

Honestly, fuck her. She's thirty four years old with the mentality of a fifteen year old and this is what makes her famous: the fact that she never grew up so she can be angsty as fuck and people will think she's just appealing to teenagers.

Whoever likes Twilight is either:
a twelve year old that masturbates to linkin' park
or a shallow self-centered diva wannabe that just like Bella feels she deserves a perfect "superhuman" boyfriend to have an sickeningly dependent relationship to which she does not need to contribute anything.
Agreed absoFUCKINlutely.
linkbroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:32 AM   #682
Underwater Ophelia

Edward's penis.
Wow.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:51 AM   #683
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Wow...that is some kind of special
Did you see what's written on the bottom?
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:07 PM   #684
Solumina

The "I sparkle"? I just thought that was to point out the fact that it sparkles I don't think it there are actually any words on it, but I could be wrong.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #685
Mir

I just finished reading Let the right one in by John Ajvide Lindqvist, and it was fantastic.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:23 PM   #686
Amani 愛

.... reading twilight is like eating low grade fast food.... a guilty pleasure. Its not really good for you nor your fave thing but every now and then its just what you need. Sometimes my brain is overworked and wants something simple and frovolous..
Amani 愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:32 PM   #687
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
I just finished reading Let the right one in by John Ajvide Lindqvist, and it was fantastic.
Wasn't it amazing? I'm trying to get people to read that one.

I get that Amani, but I just can't get past the misogyny and general stupidity of the series. I usually read Stephen King or if I'm feeling really low, Dean Koontz if I want something mindless.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:05 AM   #688
Mir

We actually agree on something. I'm shocked!
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #689
Red Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I get that Amani, but I just can't get past the misogyny and general stupidity of the series. I usually read Stephen King or if I'm feeling really low, Dean Koontz if I want something mindless.
I saw the movie (on cable) and I have to say that I was absolutely disgusted by the misogyny and the portrayal of scary stalker behaviour as "romantic" rather than "early stages of domestic abuse". Vile, vile, vile. I can't appreciate something as a guilty pleasure if I'm too busy being appalled.
Red Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:31 AM   #690
DemiGoth

Thumbs up

Quote:
Sincerely, fuck it!
I was about to put this in the literature section but then I remembered this shit is not literature.
I cannot believe that shit has sold over a million copies and a movie is going to be made out of it. Oh wait, I forgot people suck, yeah, I can believe it. It still does not deserve to happen!
Fuck Stephanie Meyer. Who the fuck does the cunt think she is making playlists for BOOKS!!
The bitch had already believed her idiotic story would be so good it deserved a movie. "Oh my book is so good and it will have a playlist even though books don't have soundtracks and I'll put all the best music ever like Evanescence and My Chemical Romanbe."

Honestly, fuck her. She's thirty four years old with the mentality of a fifteen year old and this is what makes her famous: the fact that she never grew up so she can be angsty as fuck and people will think she's just appealing to teenagers.

or a shallow self-centered diva wannabe that just like Bella feels she deserves a perfect "superhuman" boyfriend to have an sickeningly dependent relationship to which she does not need to contribute anything.
Jullian, you have my support, despite the hate I'll probably recieve.
DemiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:45 AM   #691
Ravenwolf

Quote:
Sincerely, fuck it!

God, I love you.
Ravenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:55 AM   #692
Anarasha

I have a plan. Let us amass an army of shining fairy-like vampires and then hunt down every single copy of the book, movie, script, picture, server with pictures and generally everything that has to do with this failure. Then let's write a series of corny lovestory books about our shining fairy-like vampire allies!
Oh, wait....
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:38 AM   #693
Ophelia's Snorkel

I have a different plan. It involves Stephanie Meyer, a burlap sack full of squirming Team Edward fans, and the coroner.
Ophelia's Snorkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #694
Anarasha

Sounds like a plan, I'm in!
... does it involve fairy-like shining vampires that we can burn alive? :D
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:47 AM   #695
Ophelia's Snorkel

But of course! Though, it will be a little more difficult since we can't simply drag them into the daylight to do the job. Time to gather round the campfire instead!
Ophelia's Snorkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:07 PM   #696
Serren

As far as bad books go that you read because, well, your mind needs a rest from anything more taxing I think its better than some. There are some appalling books out there. I don't know if I'd think it were that good for younger teens to read it, it seems a bit twisted in some ways for a younger audience but what ever.

I watched the film of 'let the right one in,' the other night, I'd like to read the book.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #697
goth_96

Twilights okay,BUT it would have had a better ending if Buffy and Blade came to town and staked those sparkly motherfuckers
goth_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:20 PM   #698
Solumina

Why would you dig up a thread that has been dead for seven monthsto post something so inane?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #699
goth_96

IDK, guess I was bored
goth_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #700
Malicious Insanity

Twilight... *deep breath* It just isn't worth it...
Malicious Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote