Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
the_ink_bleeds_faster

Dir en grey?

I love that Jrock band, anyone else? They're considered metal now since they aren't Visual Kei anymore... But... They're good, I love 'em to death.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:21 AM   #2
linkbroken

No... Bad thread. Metallica, Motorhead, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Black Sabath, and Mudvayne are acceptable threads. Not Dir en Gay
linkbroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:42 AM   #3
bleedingheart344

Okay dude, you can shut up about shitallica. We've heard enough of it. As for Dir en Grey, I really enjoy their older stuff. Their new stuff just kept sounding more and more like american metal. My favorite album by them would have to be Gauze.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:41 PM   #4
Dancing_in_rain

linkbroken, do me a favour. Go do the following:
a) bash your head against the wall
b) apologise over and over again for not giving Dir en Grey a chance when you probably haven't even ever lsitened to their oh-so-fantastic music.
c) Learn to read and write properly. Inky said "Dir en Grey , not Dir en Gay.
d) Get over your persona. Seriously.
e) Go out and listen to Agitated Screams of Maggots or Clever Sleazoid by Dir en Grey.

Dir en Grey is awesome. I recently managed to get myself a copy of "Marrow of a Bone" in a downtown HMV, which is a miracle. (Actually...I stole someone's copy...Hey, what can I say? THey ordered it and never picked it up. So it was mine for the buying!)

ANyhow...Bleedingheart...I only have one of the tracks on Gauze. Could you send me the others? Please? Pretty please with ice cream? dancing_crimson_tears @ h ot ma il .com Thanks!

Yawn. This is rather tedious, is it not?

www.chansondeplume.blogspot.com
^Mon blog d'ecriture en francais. Veuillez lire et commenter!
Translation: My writing blog in french. Feel free to read and comment.

Dancing_in_rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:34 PM   #5
the_ink_bleeds_faster

I personally don't get what's wrong with Dir en grey. They're great all the way from LA: Sadies and up to The Marrow of a Bone and I'm waiting for Dozing Green to come out. They've got a magnificient music style, and they don't sound like american metal bands at all. Atleast not to me, to you, if they do oh well.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:08 PM   #6
CountSixstring

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkbroken
No... Bad thread. Metallica, Motorhead, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Black Sabath, and Mudvayne are acceptable threads. Not Dir en Gay
You're a fucking fag dude. Dir en grey is awesome. You're just being a narrowminded assole. Obviously with the amount of bullshit, anything is worth a thread here.

Now on a better note.

This is my favorite Japanese band. I love their older stuff, their latest album is eh.....but I love them. I saw them live too, fucking insane. Like Ive said before, hearing the wrong song can throw you off, there is no one song that characterizes Dir en grey's sound, at all. I suggest listening to GAUZE and going from there. Also check out their videos. Youtube has all of them. For the more hardcore fans, does anyone thing that Die should be labled as the lead guitarist and not Kaoru.
CountSixstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:59 PM   #7
BlackButterfly

OK,...

Well, immature comments aside (I won't dignify them by pointing them out), I am in *LOVE* with Kisou (which no one mentioned). I mean, COME ON!! Zomboid? Such delicious perversion! And honestly, what evil god did Kyo sell his soul to in order to get such a voice? ::lusts::

...and I second the Die comment, but I'd second ANY positive comment about him because I want his babies.
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:04 PM   #8
viscus

...and they are worshiped by thousands of junior high age Japanese girls. This is why I was laughed at when I mentioned liking them to a cute Japanese girl that I did kendo with a few times. *sigh*

I have a few of their CD's, they're pretty good. Kinda over that kind of music though.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:46 PM   #9
Mollins

I used to like them a lot more, but now I can only listen to them on occasion.
Mollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #10
CountSixstring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackButterfly
OK,...

Well, immature comments aside (I won't dignify them by pointing them out), I am in *LOVE* with Kisou (which no one mentioned). I mean, COME ON!! Zomboid? Such delicious perversion! And honestly, what evil god did Kyo sell his soul to in order to get such a voice? ::lusts::

...and I second the Die comment, but I'd second ANY positive comment about him because I want his babies.
Kisou is fucking awesome. That and Gauze are my shit. I love FILTH, undecided, mushi, embryo, and gyakujou tannou keloid milk.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:21 PM   #11
//Nacht

Mm, I heard a few songs by them to see what the hype is about. I'm not so fond of them, though. Maybe I should try out some more songs...
//Nacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:54 PM   #12
Miss Cogs

I like some of their mellow songs. I don't like their metal music, but I do like the visual kei look they had. I personally like bands like The Candy Spooky Theater and Malice Mizer/Moi Dix Mois from Japan.
Miss Cogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:31 AM   #13
CountSixstring

Yeah. It takes certain songs to turn on a new fan, even for myself. When I first heard them like five years ago, I was like "ugh, what's he doing" Then I got addicted.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:08 AM   #14
raineofblood

Dir En Grey is a 'meh' for me. I like their older songs and the softer songs, but I really am not one for metal. At all.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:49 PM   #15
kawaii

Dir en grey is the best. My most favourite songs by them are Child Prey, Children, 304 Goushitsu Hakushi no Sakura, Ain't Afraid to Die, Namamekashiki Ansoku Tamerai ni Hohoemi, and more from Gauze and Missa. Their newer stuff is ok, I like Withering to Death a lot, favourite song on there would probably be Kodou and Mercillous Cult.

A lot of the time I do wish Kyo and them would go back to their more older stuff, where Kyo screamed a lot less and sung... But I can't choose that, it's their decision.

Has anyone seen them live? I want to, but for their DOZING GREEN tour[07] they've only got European and Japan tour dates, and none for America, I'm sort of disapointed. Last time they were in the US I couldn't go
kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:30 AM   #16
CountSixstring

That sucks!! They put on an awesome show. Nice selection f songs by the way. 304 is my favorite. The video is beautiful.