Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 06-17-2005, 10:48 AM   #26
AlKilyu

Some people I love dearly on this site have been cracking jokes about her, and I tried keeping quiet, but this is just wrong.

If you were against them keeping her alive fine. Don't make jokes at her expense.

EPS's brother was denied oxygen to his brain due to a hospital mishap, have some courtesy for her at least.

And Morbius: I don't give two rat's dicks about you. You started on this site attacking me and I didn't do shit, trying my best to ignore you, but you keep trying to get me to unload on you. If that is what you want, fine. Otherwise, don't jump into shit where I am not even refering to you and take shots at me without expecting me to retaliate. As a rule I don't go after n00bs, everyone deserves a second chance (or a chance to make a name for themselves) but you go out of your way to make a name for yourself by going after me. I'll let you decide from here on out.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 11:29 AM   #27
Empty_Purple_Stars

Only a handful of people on here know that , it's ok...

I was just trying to clarify for Morbid that it was also very offensive to me and why the Schiavo debate was a particularly intense one on here.

Jokes about buying her feeding tube on ebay are just revolting to me, because of how close this whole thing hits to home for my family and I.

I do have a very sick sense humor as most of you know, just not when it comes to certain topics, and this is one of them for me.

No one can ever understand the anguish experienced by all parties involved in such a tragedy unless you have lived it. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone.

Every day we each wake up and think:

" Is this the day that he is going to die? "

" Does he understand me? " " What is he thinking? " " Does it hurt?"

" When will we lose his hugs and his laughter and his purity of being? "

And at the end of every day, we're just glad we had one more with him..

I love my brother, and Terri's parents loved her..

I would fight the fires of Hell for Donnie if thats what it took..

As did Terri's mom and dad..

It's just that simple..

The End.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:01 PM   #28
AlKilyu

And if your wondering if I practice what I preach, I found out a member of this site lost a friend to suicide, and when I did I took down a photoshopped picture about suicide and haven't done it since.

I too, like dark and morbid humor, but there is a fine line...
Old 06-17-2005, 12:19 PM   #29
edible_eye

a couple of things -

1.) it's always good when an investigation is re-opened to "solve" a case. information is key, no matter what the topic.

2.) i don't believe someone can be charged for "not rendering aid". there's a fine line there, but i believe that line cuts firmly through the ground between moral obligations and legal obligations. if you or i find someone dying in the street - there's no law saying you or i have to assist in helping that person in any way, nor are we legally obligated to contact authorities. morally and ethically, we are bound by civic duty to help our fellow man, but that's about it.

now, perhaps there's a different statute when it pertains to a private dwelling, such as mr. schiavo finding his wife down inside their home - but i'm no lawyer. it would make sense, though that one would not be able to go and watch television while someone died inside the house, mainly because the reasonable opportunity of someone else coming upon the scene and offering assistance is hindered since the scene is behind closed doors. in other words, ownership of a dwelling = ownership of whatever happens inside said dwelling. i'll have to ask.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:41 PM   #30
Empty_Purple_Stars

Actually here in Oregon, there is a law that states it is a crime to fail to render aid or contact emergency personnel if you discover someone who is hurt, injured, or unconcious.

In the event that you have any medical training whatsoever, you are bound my law to do whatever you can do within the reasonable expectations of your training, and are also bound my law not to try and exceed your training, or invent a new procedure.

I learned about the law when I became certified in First Aid and CPR last year.

It should be criminal in every state to willfully and without concern for another's life, blatantly refuse to seek the appropriate medical care.

These laws are also used in states like OR, where child abuse has resulted in fatalities due to the offenders willingness to seek medical care for the injured child. Texas also has theses laws in place.

In Colorado a teenager is being charged with Manslaughter for leaving the scene of his accident, and failing to tell emergency personnel his girlfriend was trapped under the car. They didn't even know she was there..

Her own parents went out to the accident scene hours later with a tow truck driver, and found their daughter, dead under the car.

I don't know remember the specific wording, but the general idea is that you, a reasonable person, are expected to use reasonable judgement in dealing with an individual who is injured and in need of medical care.

Consequently, these same laws PROTECT the person that renders any type of aid, as long as they followed the above guidelines.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:08 PM   #31
edible_eye

interesting.

here, coming upon a scene, as a nurse, i'd be protected under the 'good samaritan' law or act or something if i decided to attempt helping someone involved in an accident and inadvertently made things worse - BUT if i walked away from an accident scene THAT I DIDN'T CAUSE OR WAS OTHERWISE INVOLVED IN, but merely happened to discover - i could not be charged if there were people hurt and later died because i chose not to get involved.

now, that changes if i was a.) the driver of a car, b.) working in a hospital and suspected abuse and i think, although i'm not sure - if i suspected abuse outside the realm of a hospital in the case of a child. that's a gray area and now that you're bringing this up i'll need to clarify that tomorrow at work.

again, there's a moral obligation to report or to help and of course, i'm a moral fuckin' guy so it goes without saying i couldn't turn my back and sleep well if i didn't at least try to help someone, but if i suddenly turned evil and apathetic, i could walk through a scene of carnage that i neither caused nor had happen on or in my property, whistling zip-a-dee-doo-da with nary a care of legal retribution.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:20 PM   #32
Morbideus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
And Morbius: I don't give two rat's dicks about you. You started on this site attacking me and I didn't do shit, trying my best to ignore you, but you keep trying to get me to unload on you. If that is what you want, fine. Otherwise, don't jump into shit where I am not even refering to you and take shots at me without expecting me to retaliate. As a rule I don't go after n00bs, everyone deserves a second chance (or a chance to make a name for themselves) but you go out of your way to make a name for yourself by going after me. I'll let you decide from here on out.
You are seriously deluded if you think I sigled you out to try and "get you to unload on me to make a name for myself." That is absurd and I don't operate that way. I have no idea what you are even talking about as far as me ever attacking you. You have great avatars, but other than that, I haven't singled you out for anything.

EPS, I had no idea that this was a touchy subject with a personal stake for you. I certainly meant no harm, You said yourself this place is all about sick humour, and I am as well. If I had known it would cause anyone a problem with THIS topic, I gaurantee I would never have touched it. Please accept my apologies, I hope everything works out for the best with you and your brother, whatever that may be.
Morbideus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:55 AM   #33
Disfunction

No one meant any harm. Let's see some apologies all around and let the conflict die.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 10:58 AM   #34
edible_eye

you're absolutely right, disfunction.

i'm sorry.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:30 PM   #35
WolfMoon

Alright, alright!

I'm sorry I laughed.

I'm sure I'll burn a little longer for it, though.

:oops:
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 08:32 PM   #36
AlKilyu

Alright...I'm sorry I lashed out at Morbius.

You have to give me just a wee bit of credit, and you know I never ask for it, that I didn't say squat for awhile.

But I make tasteless jokes. At Manimal's house, when I am there, you are bound to hear "awwwww that's just wrong" from either one of their mouths or "goin' to hell" (EPS).

And usually it's me that said something to prompt it.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:36 PM   #37
Morbideus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Alright...I'm sorry I lashed out at Morbius.
Consider it forgotten. I was probably harsh back, and I apologize.

Since we all agree that sich humour is the norm around here, How is one to know where the line is? I have no problem repecting anyone's feelings and boundaries and all of that, IF I know where that line is...
Morbideus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 09:50 PM   #38
edible_eye

the line is nowhere until someone says they see it. i think the point here is - if someone is upset about a post made by anybody, that person needs to weigh the importance of what they've said to decide whether or not to continue in that line of posting. i believe we've all seen morbideus's true colors here.

that's it.

enough with all the apologizing now. can we just go back to hating everything and everybody, ya bunch of fucktards? oh, i include myself in the "fucktard" category, lest anyone think i'm elevating myself above all this...
Old 06-22-2005, 07:39 PM   #39
edible_eye

... and so are xnguela's.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:44 PM   #40
Asurai

EPS, sorry that it's a bit late, but I offer my sincere apologies for the jokes. They were done completely in poor taste, and I apologize.
Asurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:14 PM   #41
| BlackOps | couch

,--^----------,--------,-----,-------^--,
| ||||||||| `--------' | O
`+---------------------------^----------|
`\_,-------, _________________________|
/ Xxxxxx /`| /
/ Xxxxxx / `\ /
/ Xxxxxx /\______(
/ Xxxxxx /
/ Xxxxxx /