Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 11-30-2008, 06:42 PM   #76
stolide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsing the Son
It's not really a high at all. It's more of a 30 to 45 minute out of control head trip. You pretty much lose all orientation or sense of personal space. This entails strange sensations such as being tugged at by invisible hands or your mouth melting off your face and landing in your lap. You can also lose the ability to make any sort of rational conversation. Like you'll hear everything a person is saying, but you won't be able to connect the dots. Or you will know what you're trying to say, but simply cannot concentrate long enough to say it.

Also you may hear voices and murmerings, feel like you're falling or feel like you are somehow being weighed down.

It's intense.
I just going to say that sounds exactly the same as many of the deeper meditations done in magickal and/or energy working practices. I have experienced the same things you described without any drugs at all. I wonder if some deep meditation stimulates the same part of the brain as salvia or something...

And now that I think about it, my dad is growing salvia in the front yard in his butterfly garden...
stolide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #77
lucylucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolide
And now that I think about it, my dad is growing salvia in the front yard in his butterfly garden...
Are you sure about that? You might be thinking of sage, which is in the same family as salvia, but certainly not the same thing.
lucylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:24 PM   #78
lucylucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolsucksletsanarky
Try smoking weed and listen to heavy metal. I don't smoke weed, but my friend says it makes the music sound really cool.
Heavy metal will sound better to you on weed, yes - if you like heavy metal. Any music you normally enjoy will be enhanced.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #79
Alarica

I havent had weed in years, but i used to bake with it. Had some great times when i was high. Now i'm just the boring 1 who hardly even drinks

My advice would be if you are an adult, and you want to try it, go for it. You only live once! People die all the time from alcohol related accidents. Nobody's died from getting stoned or if they have i wasn't told or shown the pics!!
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:33 PM   #80
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucylucy
Heavy metal will sound better to you on weed, yes - if you like heavy metal. Any music you normally enjoy will be enhanced.
The Cure's Disintegration album is absolutely orgasmic when you're high
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:00 PM   #81
stolide

Quote:
Are you sure about that? You might be thinking of sage, which is in the same family as salvia, but certainly not the same thing.
Yes, he has grown sage in the past. He said he grows it for some specific type of butterfly, sphinx I think. I think he grows red salvia or something...
stolide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #82
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
I commend you for sticking up for Tesla. Unfortunatly my friend, time travel is not possible. "Time" is just a fiction that we have invented to help describe the rate at which events occur. Time travel exists in science fiction but not in reality. If you sit down and look at Albert Einstein's work with a fresh eye, you will be able to pick out many fatal errors. From what I hear, Einstein may have been intelligent, but he was headed in the wrong direction. Hell, I heard that he didn't believe in the ether theory.

Back to Tesla, we know very little about what he was doing from 1915-1943.

Idiots here laugh at me, but Tesla invented the flying saucer. It is a fact.
Go back and look at the old stuff from the 1890's. Read the following books:
There are more but these are the ones I can think of this second.

-Tesla said
-Colorado Springs Notes 1899-1900
-Prodical Genius
-Tesla's Patents

I know that I will be called stupid and all manor of things, but it is stupid to think that he didn't invent it or heavon forbit, they don't exist.
I'm not an idiot for not believing in your crackpot theories.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #83
lucylucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
The Cure's Disintegration album is absolutely orgasmic when you're high
All I have is The Best Of, I think. I want more. ):
Old 12-08-2008, 06:12 PM   #84
Eclipsing the Son

Disintigrator That's my favorite Cure album.
Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:53 PM   #85
schoolsucksletsanarky

I like glue. Does anyone know about nutmeg? My friend told me about smoking it, so anyone want to be my guinea pig?
schoolsucksletsanarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:50 PM   #86
sweetdreamr23

There are two different types of weed... indica and sativa. Indica is a head high and sativa is a body high. Hashish is a substance composed of the trichromes of the marijuana plant.
The high you get when you smoke weed is relaxing and medicating.
sweetdreamr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:54 PM   #87
xParadigmx

potheads are usually really cool people too, most of the ones ive met are really mellow and giving. and everyone wants to feed you. most of my best friends are pot heads.
xParadigmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:59 PM   #88
alyroi360

Meh, well weed is supposed to be better for you than cigarettes because they don't tar your lungs, but don't get that shit at parties because there could be OTHER stuff in it *wink wink*. A lot of my friends smoke weed, I don't, but they don't look tired all of the time or WAY too happy either... It doesn't cause any permanent brain damage that I know of, unless you mix stupid stuff with it...
alyroi360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:51 AM   #89
Saya

Quote:
All I have is The Best Of, I think. I want more. ):
Get Disintegration. When I first listened to it I just thought "If I ever get high, the first thing I'll do is listen to this." And I did ^_^
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:26 AM   #90
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsing the Son
Disintigrator That's my favorite Cure album.
Dude, it's Disintegration.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:27 AM   #91
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolsucksletsanarky
I like glue. Does anyone know about nutmeg? My friend told me about smoking it, so anyone want to be my guinea pig?
Glue is for idiots, and you don't smoke nutmeg, you just eat a whole shitload of it.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:39 AM   #92
jack_the_knife

Nutmeg is not to be recommended. I got no noticeable high from it. The day after it was incredible low, a really dirty buzz, like a bad hangover without the headache. I felt paranoid like people were following me and I had a horrible time. It's not really fun at all.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #93
Opteron_Man

I listened to Disintegration. It IS good!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:08 AM   #94
girasol

In the past It made me feel as though there wasn't very much importance in anything. Sometimes you find absurd things really funny, and you can have strange epiphanies only to forget them once you are off your high.

On the downside... if you exaggerate it you might find that you want to get out of a chair but can't move your legs. You will just be thinking that you will get out of the chair in a minute... and it doesn't happen.

It can be a distraction from reality - but if you observe someone off their face ... they seem stupid, slow and insane.
Something that wouldn't be funny in real life can amuse you and make you laugh for ages.

If you haven't tried it, I don't suggest you do. There are better ways of having fun
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:11 AM   #95
girasol

+ the first time I ever smoked up - they did something weird. I smoked through their hands. I had no idea how I was supposed to feel so I sucked as much into myself as I could. I was fine for a few seconds. I was disappointed and thought they were idiots. Then I couldn't speak, couldn't move and I felt ill. I eventually ran somewhere and threw up. It was horrible and embarrassing.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:29 AM   #96
nis~sijai

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyroi360
Meh, well weed is supposed to be better for you than cigarettes because they don't tar your lungs, but don't get that shit at parties because there could be OTHER stuff in it *wink wink*. A lot of my friends smoke weed, I don't, but they don't look tired all of the time or WAY too happy either... It doesn't cause any permanent brain damage that I know of, unless you mix stupid stuff with it...
Acually, Weed has more Carcinogens than tobbacco. But generally people smoke less weed than they do cigarettes, so for the most part, weed can be considered safer.

Also, I agree with Saya about Disintegration XD.
nis~sijai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:56 AM   #97
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by girasol
+ the first time I ever smoked up - they did something weird. I smoked through their hands. I had no idea how I was supposed to feel so I sucked as much into myself as I could. I was fine for a few seconds. I was disappointed and thought they were idiots. Then I couldn't speak, couldn't move and I felt ill. I eventually ran somewhere and threw up. It was horrible and embarrassing.
You probably got sick because it was your first time.
I REALLY doubt it had to do with smoking through their hands.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:35 AM   #98
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia

It likely did have something to do with that. It's called shotgunning, at least around here, and it involves one person taking a heavy pull, forming a tube around their mouth with their hands, and then blowing the smoke into the mouth of another person through the channel made by their hands. The air blown into the second person's mouth is still thick with smoke, while whatever oxygen the air might originally have contained has been largely spent on the first person. All of the smoke, none of the O2. That's bound to increase the chances of making a first-timer sick.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #99
girasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia

That might be true.
It might also be because I didn't know what to do and thought nothing was happening at first.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #100
girasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinstripesAndPithHelmets
It likely did have something to do with that. It's called shotgunning, at least around here, and it involves one person taking a heavy pull, forming a tube around their mouth with their hands, and then blowing the smoke into the mouth of another person through the channel made by their hands. The air blown into the second person's mouth is still thick with smoke, while whatever oxygen the air might originally have contained has been largely spent on the first person. All of the smoke, none of the O2. That's bound to increase the chances of making a first-timer sick.

I see. Well I am never doing that ever again
I don't like not being able to speak, move and am definitely not fond of throwing up in front of people.
They thought it was hilarious despite me being upset but later told me they had thrown up before so it was ok.