Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
Deadmanwalking_05

Violent criminal actions caught on tape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dpeyv6-FlzU

This kind of shit makes me fucking sick.

And the anti-gunners say this is the only group of civies that should be armed.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
Deadmanwalking_05

another criminal act though not caught on tape.

Here is a link to the article...

http://www.loop21.com/life/houston-c...ensive+Feed%29

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:58 AM   #3
CptSternn

In Ireland and the UK combined where we have strict gun regulation every year 60 deaths occur because of guns.

I am quite happy to live in a country where I have a better chance of winning the lottery than I do of dying from a gunshot.

Statistics show you have a better chance of being hit by lightning than you do of being shot by a gun. You have to love those odds, I mean, does anyone really walk around through the city at night worrying about lightning? Here in Ireland you can worry about getting shot in the same manner.

But please, continue to demonstrate how the lax gun laws in America lead to the highest rate of gun violence in the industrialised world.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
AshleyO

You know what? I'm calling it.

Deadman. No one wants to take your fucking toys. No one cares nearly enough about that shit. Even those that oppose gun rights only want stricter gun control. Those that want a complete disarmament of civilians are in an extreme minority and even THEY have no idea how to go about doing it without violating the constitution.

You're so god damned paranoid. I blame it on your gun fetish. I think you WANT a confrontation. Well too bad. You're not important enough to engage that way. No one wants your stupid land and no one cares about how many guns you own. YOU ARE NOT A THREAT.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #5
Jonathan

Deadman's an idiot, but from the article:

"One harrowing moment was when a police dog somehow got free from an officer's car and went at several people. Dunn said it was unclear if anyone had been bitten or injured."

The dog "somehow" got free. Right. Unless the dog has the same mutant powers as Marvel's Kitty Pryde, I bet "somehow" involves a window or door intentionally being opened.

If my dog "somehow" got loose and "went at" an officer I would be out a dog.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
Andrias

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
I mean, does anyone really walk around through the city at night worrying about lightning?
I live in the lightning capital of the world, Daytona Beach, FL. I walk around during the day and worry about getting hit by lightning

You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning twice, on the same day here than just about anywhere else in the world. Gun shots? that too. Just the other night there was a swat team raid in our apartment complex, can count on bullets flying through your walls at least every other night. It's that bad in the ghetto.
Andrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:26 AM   #7
CptSternn

- At least 24 Americans every day (8,000-9,000 A YEAR) are killed by people with guns – and that doesn't count the ones accidentally killed by guns or who commit suicide with a gun. Count them and you can triple that number to over 25,000.

- Every day in America over double the amount of Americans are killed by gun violence than were killed in Aurora. Every Year three times the amount of people killed in 9-11 are killed by gun violence.

- The United States is responsible for over 80% of all the gun deaths in the top 23 richest countries combined.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
Versus

Hah. More people are killed domestically by guns then soldiers do in combat. Nice to know.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:59 AM   #9
CptSternn

Anyone heard from deadman recently?

http://gma.**********/planned-massac...opstories.html

Planned Massacre Foiled By Maryland Cops

One week after Colorado's movie theater shooting, Maryland cops arrested a heavily armed man who told his employer he was a "joker" who was going to "blow everybody up."

Police said today they believe they "thwarted a massacre."

The suspect, identified as Neil Edwin Prescott in a court document obtained by ABC News, was being dismissed from his job. He made threatening statements to his supervisor at least twice on Monday, police said.

Prescott had an arsenal of about 25 firearms at his residence, including semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and handguns, according to a police affidavit. Police said he also had high powered scopes and magazines and thousands of rounds of ammunition in "40 large steel boxes."

He was quoted as telling his employer, "I am a joker, I'm going to load my guns and blow everybody up," police said.

"It is clear that the comments made by Prescott reference a recent mass murder which occurred in Colorado within the last several days in which the alleged shooter called himself the Joker, died [sic] his hair red and shot up a movie theater containing men, women and children and showing the 'The Dark Night Rises,'" according to the court document.

Click here to see photos from the press conference

"Prescott also stated that he would like to see the supervisor's brain splatter all over the sidewalk," the document said.

Prescott allegedly acknowledged to his employer that he should not be making these statements over the phone, saying, "It's kind of foolish of me to say this kind of things [sic] over government phone."

"In light of what happened a week ago in Aurora, Colorado, it's important to know that we take all threats seriously and if you're going to make a threat, we will take action," Prince George's County Chief Mark Magaw said at a news conference today.

When police arrived at Prescott's house on Thursday to speak to him, he was wearing a t-shirt with the writing, "Guns don't kill people, I do."

He was taken into custody based on an emergency petition for medical treatment, police said. Authorities said Prescott's demeanor was "very quiet" when he was taken into custody and that he was cooperative.

Law enforcement sources tell ABC News that he is from Crofton, Md.

The man was facing termination from his job with a company doing contract work for Pitney Bowes, a leading company in producing postage meters and machines.

The company released the following statement: "The suspect arrested is an employee of a subcontractor to Pitney Bowes. At Pitney Bowes we have clear security protocol and when we had concerns about this individual, we contacted authorities."

The Prince George Police Department declined to comment, but said they will be sharing more information at a 1 p.m. news conference.

On July 20, shooting suspect James Holmes allegedly opened fire in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater during a midnight showing of the new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Rises." Twelve people were killed and 58 were wounded.

Holmes told police he was The Joker, a villain in the Batman movies, police said.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #10
AshleyO

Holy shit, man. I have no words.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #11
Alan

Can't be Deadman; he doesn't have a job.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #12
Jonathan

Here's hoping, posting dumb stuff on a message board is one thing, but hopefully anyone who is smart enough to log in is able to find some coping mechanism or help before they do something really regrettable like that.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Can't be Deadman; he doesn't have a job.
I'll get the ice.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #14
CptSternn

Wait! This could be him!

http://gawker.com/5932469/man-arrest...ull-of-weapons

Man Arrested at Ohio Dark Knight Rises Showing with Satchel Full of Weapons
Old 08-08-2012, 06:08 AM   #15
Alan

Anyone remembers what state he lives in?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #16
Saya

Isn't he from Kentucky?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #17
Versus

I think that was KissMeDeadly.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #18
Jonathan

http://www.calgaryherald.com/opinion...028/story.html

Walt Wawra, of Kalamazoo, Mich. narrowly survives an encounter with two friendly Canadians. If he only had his duty weapon on him, people would think twice before talking to strangers uninvited...
Old 08-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #19
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I thought he was in one of the great plain states. North Dakota, or Montana maybe?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:09 AM   #20
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I also can't remember what he looks like but when I think of him I often think of this guy. http://realitybasedbob.sayanythingbl...2291240754.jpg

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:43 AM   #21
CuckooTuli

Deadman, you HAVE your way. For fuck's sake, find a cause where shit's still up for grabs.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote