Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
Silvara

Hello lovelies!

Just wanting to say good evening, and hello to all!

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) - Well, I just lost my job February 1st, so not much currently. I like to make wands, study up on Paganism, read about God's and Goddess' (Norse, Celtic, Greek), play with my kitties Artemis and Apollo, try to complete my course in Small Business Ownership, and I like to go to some of the local Gothic dances, especially when DJ Scary Lady Sara will be there!

2. Where are you from? - The Land of Eternal Winter: Chicago, Illinois

3. Who is your favorite author? - P.C. Cast!!!!

4. What are your favorite films? - Lord of the Rings, Labyrinth, French Kiss, Pracitcal Magic, Hocus Pocus (too funny), Benny & Joon, The Chronicles of Narnia (love centaurs), Legend... and I LOVE watching 3rd Rock from the Sun, even though its not a movie.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? - If I had it my way (which im sure my parents will say no, as their helping), it would be a great mix of Industrial, New Age, Gothic, and Classical.

6. At your funeral? - Suicide Landscape by The Beauty of Gemina. Simply beautiful.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? - Bitten in the neck, drained till death approaches, then....IMMORTALITY!!!!!!

Realisticly though, in a mourning dress lieing over my husbands grave, as I am overcome by my grief.

8. What kind of casket would you want? - A cement one! In a mausoleum, with the symbols of the Elements chiseled into the lid.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? - Black bustle skirt with medium train, with a red & black brocade edwardian corset and black chemise underneath.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? - Thinking time was moving too slowly.

11. What's your favorite band? - Oh my...I love one too many bands. But my favorite singer is Loreena McKennitt! I'll never get tired of hearing her hauntingly beautiful voice.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? - I am taking Vocational courses for a degree in Small Business. I'm between opening a B&B, or a New Age Occult shop.

13. Why did you join? To meet people who are interested in the same things I am also. And the site is pretty!!!!! haha

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? - Celtic Warrior Woman! (female)
Silvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:01 PM   #2
Sinless

I read Marked by PC Cast and I loved it!
Sinless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
Silvara

Marked is actually by PC Cast AND her daughter Kristin Cast. I haven't read the House of Night series yet, but have read every single book PC has written by herself. Keep meaning to pick up the House of Night series, but can't afford it right now. Glad you liked it though! You should try her "Divine" series. 1st one is Divine by Mistake, 2nd is Divine by Choice, and 3rd is Divine by Blood. It features the Celtic Goddess Epona, who is the Goddess of Horses. Used to be called "Goddess by Mistake, Choice, etc." VERY unique trilogy. Her "Goddess by Mistake Trilogy", Goddess of Water, Goddess of Spring, Light, Roses, and Beauty. Those are awesome also!!! She melds Fantasy/Romance/and Mythology so wonderfully.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
viscus

Ever read any Neil Gaiman?

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:39 PM   #5
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvara
Legend...
That movie is godly. And here I thought I was one of the few who've actually watched it! I like ya, so welcome to the boards. Enjoy your stay.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:15 PM   #6
Silvara

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
Ever read any Neil Gaiman?
No, can't say I've heard of him either. What does he write about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
That movie is godly. And here I thought I was one of the few who've actually watched it! I like ya, so welcome to the boards. Enjoy your stay.
I have the special edition DVD and a t-shirt with Oona on it. lol Thanks for the welcome, I like your taste!
Old 02-19-2008, 01:24 AM   #7
Wonderland_fairy

Aww, Labyrinth is an amazing movie!
Wonderland_fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:20 AM   #8
Bete Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
Hahaha I love that film. In a reeaalllly cheesy 80's sort of way

And welcome Silvara.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:10 AM   #9
Sinless

Quote:
Marked is actually by PC Cast AND her daughter Kristin Cast. I haven't read the House of Night series yet, but have read every single book PC has written by herself. Keep meaning to pick up the House of Night series, but can't afford it right now. Glad you liked it though! You should try her "Divine" series. 1st one is Divine by Mistake, 2nd is Divine by Choice, and 3rd is Divine by Blood. It features the Celtic Goddess Epona, who is the Goddess of Horses. Used to be called "Goddess by Mistake, Choice, etc." VERY unique trilogy. Her "Goddess by Mistake Trilogy", Goddess of Water, Goddess of Spring, Light, Roses, and Beauty. Those are awesome also!!! She melds Fantasy/Romance/and Mythology so wonderfully.
Her daughter helped her to write a book? That's pretty cool. I've only read her House of Night series.
Sinless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:15 AM   #10
viscus

Quote:
No, can't say I've heard of him either. What does he write about?
He writes fantasy that is heavy with history and mythology. He's most well-known for the Sandman series of graphic novels.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

Old 02-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #11
Silvara

Wonderland_fairy - I ADORE David Bowie. No one can do leggings without skivvys like he can.

Bete Noire - Thanks for the welcome. Cheesy 80's stuff is the shit. Take Labyrinth for example. lol Though I don't necessarily think of it as cheesy, for what it is at the time it was made, I think they did a good job. Especially working with Brian Froud. hehe

Sinless - It's not that she helped her write it, I think it was essentially Kristin's idea, and they write the stories together. It's really neat though, I think Kristin is only 18 or 19. You most definitely need to read her Partholon books (Divine by Mistake, etc.)!!!

viscus - I'M INTERESTED!!!! History and Mythology all wrapped up together... too much fun. Could you tell me the first book in the series so I can order it, please?
Old 02-19-2008, 11:44 AM   #12
viscus

The first volume of the Sandman is called "Preludes and Nocturnes." But as for his regular novels, I cannot recommend "American Gods" enough.

-William S. Burroughs

Old 02-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #13
Silvara

Thank you Viscus! I'll have to check out American Gods also.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:33 AM   #14
Delkaetre

I like you. Yes.
Beauty of Gemina are pretty good, but their stage presence left a little something to be desired when I saw them live. It took them three-quarters of their set to warm up to the audience. Faith and the Muse were good though, as were RazorBlade Kisses.
I hope you enjoy the site and the people here.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:41 PM   #15
Silvara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
I like you. Yes.
Beauty of Gemina are pretty good, but their stage presence left a little something to be desired when I saw them live.
Haha, thanks! I like you too.

It sucks that their stage presence wasn't very warm. Ah well, at least they give me good music to listen to.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:53 PM   #16
biohazard

Welcome to the boards!
Old 02-20-2008, 06:02 PM   #17
Silvara

Thank you, thank you!
Old 02-21-2008, 08:59 PM   #18
Silvara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenmother
Welcome...I will say again that I like you and your style. I am glad I finally got to read your intro. A few words...Oh Bonny Port...yeah. So I know your girl and like her too.

Haha! Love it! Have you heard her 'Prospero's Speech'? Beautiful! Nothing gets me in the mood for Renn Faire more then 'Blacksmith' though. Glad to know someone appreciates her talents as much as myself.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:16 AM   #19
Silvara

The Highway Man is a lovely song. I always cry when "...how Bess the landlords daughter, the landlords black eyed daughter, had watched for her love in the moonlight and died in the darkness there..." comes on. *sniffles*

Renn clothes are fun though, I wish I was more of a seamstress myself. Until then, I shall save my money for this dress. I'll have it one day... in the red color.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:35 AM   #20
blackwater1110

Highway Man! Yes! Lorenna McKennit gives me chills. I'm partial to Carrighfergus, Lullaby, Mummer's Dance and Marco Polo as well.
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:15 AM   #21
Silvara

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwater1110
Highway Man! Yes! Lorenna McKennit gives me chills. I'm partial to Carrighfergus, Lullaby, Mummer's Dance and Marco Polo as well.
Ooooh, Marco Polo makes me wanna get freaky. lol I look like a monkey when I dance to it, but its all in good fun! haha

Raven - Could you really make one?!??! WOW! I wish I had those skills. I'm kinda between that one in red, and this one also. Though not with that chemise, I prefer this one. Though its WAY too expensive for a chemise I think. >_> When I have a little extra money, I'll let you know.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:28 PM   #22
Silvara

I wish I had a gift like that! lol Maybe as your son watches you, he may appreciate it and decide he wants to take it up also...
Old 02-23-2008, 06:35 PM   #23
Silvara

Haha! This is true!!!