Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 02-15-2006, 05:24 AM   #1
mortalitas incomitatus

The Bali Nine

So this probably wont mean too much to anyone else in the world but to the aussie it is the topic of the moment.

The 'Bali Nine' have all been sentenced to life imprisionment in depasar jail exept for the two 'ringleaders' who are sentenced to death via firing squad.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411319/661013

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:34 AM   #2
mortalitas incomitatus

freaking thing messed up my post..........

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,18158344%255E29277,00.html

do you think that asio was wrong to tip off the indonesian police rather than arrest them on australian soil?
do you think the penalties are to harsh?
do they deserve clemency?
should the goverment be doing more to help?
do you think their families were threatened?

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:06 PM   #3
rockandrose

After the famous/infamous Corpe, Leslie and the Van Nguyen case that caused a stir in Indonesia/Bali, particularly Ngugen who was the first Aussie to be sentenced to death in Indo, I'm begining to get sick of hearing more Aussies guilty of drug offences.

Someone with a sound mind should know that carrying drugs to or from another country has it's consequences. It should be brightly obvious now that the Indonesian/Bali's law, particularly regarding drugs is very severe, especially if compared to the Australian legislation.

The past Aussies that have been punished and have made it as a celebrity on Australian tv news, is a reminder that the death penality exists in this world, and when an Aussie is sentenced to death, it becomes more real and somehow a shock to some.

I'm sick and tired about hearing more Aussies, especially travelling overseas to countries where the drug laws is severe, getting caught red handed.

So at this point in time, the "Bali Nine" case doesn't affect me much, politically that is, as opposed to the previous cases as mentioned above. As John Howard said it is "stupid" to carry drugs in the first place.

Generally speaking, I'm strongly against the death penality regardless of the severity of the offence(s). I'm not going to repeat my views in too much detail, as I've alreadly made myself clear many times in the "Death Penality" thread.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:32 AM   #4
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robster667
Real intelligent.
You should read her post history. She's more than you could take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
Someone with a sound mind should know that carrying drugs to or from another country has it's consequences. It should be brightly obvious now that the Indonesian/Bali's law, particularly regarding drugs is very severe, especially if compared to the Australian legislation.
That is all.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:26 PM   #5
WolfMoon

I don't see what any of that ^ has to do with the original topic.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:53 AM   #6
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robster667
Be a good Arabian slave...mail yourself to me
That's the worst come on I've ever heard.

Old 02-17-2006, 03:25 PM   #7
Manimal

Don't you dare Santarea. EPS and I called dibs on you like months ago. Just send him the bomb and mail your cute self to us
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote