Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 11-30-2005, 09:45 PM   #76
edible_eye

take it to im's

this is becoming personal - and that goes beyond a threadjack.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:50 PM   #77
AlKilyu

I stopped, hence my last post.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 09:51 PM   #78
edible_eye

thank you.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:14 PM   #79
Bin_Laid

Edible_Eye,

You said:

"and in the words of that funk-a-delic rock band, extreme - if you don't like, what you see here, get the funk out"

If that is the case, then I could just as easily turn that around to you and say that if YOU dont like MY posting of asking people to stay on topic, then you can get the funk out. Isnt logic great?

And as far as posting my ideas on, what do you think my first post was all about? Thats right, a summarization of where I come from, and my ideas regarding the Israel/Hamas topic...you know, the title of this thread.

It is my belief that my fellow posters here on g.net would like to talk about the various topics at hand. Furthermore, I believe my fellow posters want to do it in a somewhat coherent manner. If not, then every topic's title is irrelevant, and every thread's content becomes willynilly. In fact I think there is a thread just FOR that - the randomness thread I believe its called.

Therefore, since I assume the people here would like to have coherent discussions about the topics at hand, and seeing as though they got carried away on this thread as we can all do sometimes, I reminded and asked them to try and keep it on topic.

Simple eh?

Laters.
Bin_Laid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 07:25 AM   #80
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bin_Laid
Edible_Eye,

You said:

"and in the words of that funk-a-delic rock band, extreme - if you don't like, what you see here, get the funk out"

If that is the case, then I could just as easily turn that around to you and say that if YOU dont like MY posting of asking people to stay on topic, then you can get the funk out. Isnt logic great?
yup. in that way, logic is absolutely grand. however, you've been here long enough to lay down a whopping 4 posts. stick around for a while and you'll see that the politics forum generally leads people to hell and back, no matter what the title of the thread is. and quite honestly, the topic of israel vs. hamas ain't all that grand. a few tangents will keep this thing alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bin laid
And as far as posting my ideas on, what do you think my first post was all about? Thats right, a summarization of where I come from, and my ideas regarding the Israel/Hamas topic...you know, the title of this thread.
exactly. that's why i asked you to post MORE on the topic instead of attempting to guide others in what they would like to say.

Quote:
It is my belief that my fellow posters here on g.net would like to talk about the various topics at hand. Furthermore, I believe my fellow posters want to do it in a somewhat coherent manner. If not, then every topic's title is irrelevant, and every thread's content becomes willynilly. In fact I think there is a thread just FOR that - the randomness thread I believe its called.
the funny thing about you referring to others here as your fellow posters would imply you have some form of kinship with them. no one here knows you. you have 4 posts. my advice to you would be to manage yourself and pay attention to how discussions are conducted here, rather than assuming responsibility for others.

Quote:
Therefore, since I assume the people here would like to have coherent discussions about the topics at hand, and seeing as though they got carried away on this thread as we can all do sometimes, I reminded and asked them to try and keep it on topic.
you assume quite a bit. try paying attention instead.

Quote:
Simple eh?
very.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:35 AM   #81
rockandrose

I love e_e's fireballs!

He fires well.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:17 AM   #82
AlKilyu

Yes his balls are indeed very hot.

btw edible...I think Bin Laid is the same person who created AbstractThought. Re-read and think about it...
Old 12-02-2005, 10:28 AM   #83
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Yes his balls are indeed very hot....
hey, rose - is this why you called me a homo?
Old 12-02-2005, 11:04 AM   #84
AlKilyu

!!!!!! rose you called him a homo?

If you are to eventually take my place here you must know that edible is all hetero man. He concieves and delivers his children!
Old 12-02-2005, 01:15 PM   #85
edible_eye

hahahahaha - nice one.

she not only called me a homo - she had antonio banderas point it out. it was a fairly impressive display, all told.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:32 PM   #86
Bin_Laid

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
stick around for a while and you'll see that the politics forum generally leads people to hell and back, no matter what the title of the thread is.
Thanks for your input from your experience here, but discussions of political nature usually DO go through hell and back, precisely because they are sensitive issues. That being said however, saying "its going to go through hell and back" has NOTHING to do with the suggestion that they stay on topic.

If on the other hand you are suggesting that since topics "go to hell and back" and so it is useless to even debate them much less do it coherently, then you must answer the obvious: Why are you still here?

Quote:
exactly. that's why i asked you to post MORE on the topic instead of attempting to guide others in what they would like to say.
I have made my political position clear on the first post I posted. In fact, it was directed to the Israeli "Helena", but she was not responded. Therefore, seeing as how this is the Hamas/Israeli thread, the onus is now on YOU, or anyone else who is interested in the topic, to respond to it, or simply, not say anything at all. But last I checked, you were talking about how some chick called you a flaming homo.

Quote:
the funny thing about you referring to others here as your fellow posters would imply you have some form of kinship with them. no one here knows you. you have 4 posts. my advice to you would be to manage yourself and pay attention to how discussions are conducted here, rather than assuming responsibility for others.
The phrase "my fellow men" or "my fellow man" is used in the context of meaning no malevolent intention towards them. It means that *I* have no malevolent intention towards them. Thus, when someone says "my fellow countrymen" or "my fellow students" or "my fellow workers", he is using it to insinuate that he/she does not have ulterior inclinations towards them. So please dont fall in love with me just because I included you under the title.

And so, your statement that it implies kinship is simply inaccurate. In fact, I would ask you not to assume responsibility for ME, since clearly, you cannot dechiper the meaning of well-known phrases.

Quote:
you assume quite a bit. try paying attention instead.
Paying attention to the title of the topic means it is regarding a specific topic.
Paying attention to the "forum" title on the website means it is for discussions.
Paying attention to the massive divisions and subdivisions of topics means the intention is to keep topics at minimum cross talk and interference.

Therefore in paying attention to all this, then, yes, the assumption (dun dun duuun..) is that the intention is for coherent discussions of the various topics.

And therefore E_E, attention predicates assumptions. Since your assumptions thus far have been irrelevant to say the least, this then questions YOUR attention on this issue.
Bin_Laid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 05:33 AM   #87
edible_eye

Quote:
Thanks for your input from your experience here, but discussions of political nature usually DO go through hell and back, precisely because they are sensitive issues. That being said however, saying "its going to go through hell and back" has NOTHING to do with the suggestion that they stay on topic.
um... you're already off topic X 2 at this point. the word "lesson" comes to mind. learn well.

Quote:
If on the other hand you are suggesting that since topics "go to hell and back" and so it is useless to even debate them much less do it coherently, then you must answer the obvious: Why are you still here?
who said it was useless to debate them? the point is - you've not been here long enough to start directing regulars as to how these issues are debated.

it's quite common for discussions to start on topic, for tempers to flare and then for some distance from the original topic to evolve. it happens. things usually come full circle - and even if they don't, it doesn't really matter. just about every thread here in 'politics' has a title which is debated for a short time (like the hamas vs. israel one right here) - however there is also an invisible set of parentheses that contain the words "... and the united states sucks", and that's usually where all debates lead. no other issue seems to hold much interest for long.

Quote:
I have made my political position clear on the first post I posted. In fact, it was directed to the Israeli "Helena", but she was not responded. Therefore, seeing as how this is the Hamas/Israeli thread, the onus is now on YOU, or anyone else who is interested in the topic, to respond to it, or simply, not say anything at all. But last I checked, you were talking about how some chick called you a flaming homo.
actually, there's no onus on anyone. threads like this usually die out pretty quick. after all, the topic really doesn't turn anyone on for long. you have a vested interest, as does helena. you're pro-palestine and she's pro-israel. the only reason this thing is still breathing now is because you've decided to take it off-topic. see how that works?

and that "chic" you referred to is rockandrose - and yes, she got me good... although i'm still not too sure why she called me a homo. it just sort of came out of nowhere and stopped me in my tracks. oh, and she didn't call me a "flaming homo" - see? that's where you need to pay attention. she used a pic of antonio banderas to call me a homo. at least i think she was talking to me.

Quote:
The phrase "my fellow men" or "my fellow man" is used in the context of meaning no malevolent intention towards them. It means that *I* have no malevolent intention towards them. Thus, when someone says "my fellow countrymen" or "my fellow students" or "my fellow workers", he is using it to insinuate that he/she does not have ulterior inclinations towards them. So please dont fall in love with me just because I included you under the title.
apparently, we disagree. phrases such as those are an attempt to include yourself inside a group. nothing wrong with that, but don't downplay it as though it's some sort of selfless proclamation.

also, i find it odd you comment on someone falling in love with you based on your use of words. a bit egocentric?

Quote:
And so, your statement that it implies kinship is simply inaccurate. In fact, I would ask you not to assume responsibility for ME, since clearly, you cannot dechiper the meaning of well-known phrases.
again, i disagree with your phrasing and your intent.

Quote:
Paying attention to the title of the topic means it is regarding a specific topic.
true. so, why do you continue to post off topic comments, especially when you've tried to make clear how much it bothers you?

Quote:
Paying attention to the "forum" title on the website means it is for discussions.
right. discussions. that's pretty much what goes on inside every thread, whether you approve of the content or not.

Quote:
Paying attention to the massive divisions and subdivisions of topics means the intention is to keep topics at minimum cross talk and interference.
you're stumbling over your words here, or perhaps you've just worded your point awkwardly. the concept of "massive divisions and subdivisions" you purport contrasts with any "intention... to keep topics at minimum cross talk and interference".

Quote:
Therefore in paying attention to all this, then, yes, the assumption (dun dun duuun..) is that the intention is for coherent discussions of the various topics.
the discussions are what they are. take it or leave it - there's that funk-a-delic invitation again. for you to waltz in here and tell us how to debate simply won't fly.

Quote:
And therefore E_E, attention predicates assumptions. Since your assumptions thus far have been irrelevant to say the least, this then questions YOUR attention on this issue.
if anything, assumptions predicate attention, not the other way around - after all, for one to attend to something, one must first establish a point of focus.

and quite honestly, you have no stance in questioning my attention to this or any issue on g-net. i've been here for a few years and i appreciate the way this place runs. you have yet to learn. one of the beautiful aspects of this site is the free-flow of thought by those who have something to say. you've displayed the fact your mind works fairly well. good for you. use it to learn a bit before you try and teach.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:42 AM   #88
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
btw edible...I think Bin Laid is the same person who created AbstractThought. Re-read and think about it...
i went back and read his stuff. if it is, so be it.

thanx for the heads up.

are you busting my balls, maelstrom?
Old 12-03-2005, 02:29 PM   #89
AlKilyu

Quote:

Says the gnet member posing as this person who forgot THE FIRST RULE on this place which is to INTRODUCE YOUSELF (OR YOUR ALTER EGO HERE).

I don't care who you are you don't tell edible how to do a fucking thing.

It's him edible.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:41 PM   #90
edible_eye

you kick ass.

Last edited by edible_eye; 12-03-2005 at 02:51 PM.
edible_eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:22 PM   #91
AlKilyu

I get the same thing for Binkie, eyes, rose, and many others >_<)
Old 12-07-2005, 12:07 PM   #92
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
are you busting my balls, maelstrom?
Nope. Not if this means you might suspect me to be the person behind the Bin Laid persona.

I might sound eloquent sometimes, but my very type of vocabulary denounces me. I'm a "ESL english as a second language" guy.

This person speaks a whole lot better english than I ever will, and I'm willing to bet him/her to be a native from an english speaking country (US included ).

But I can't say I mind him/her, though. Seeems to be holding up to it's side of the arguement pretty well, considering who s/he's dealing with. And without resorting to anything low (yet).

On another note, what was this thread about?
Old 12-07-2005, 01:29 PM   #93
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
Nope. Not if this means you might suspect me to be the person behind the Bin Laid persona.
no, i didn't think you had an alternate persona - but i remember something about abstractthought either knowing you or being a friend of yours or something.

i wondered if perhaps you unleashed the hounds....

Old 12-07-2005, 05:26 PM   #94
MrMaelstrom

I did that to trolls (something I shouldn't have), and it cost Abstract his membership.
He chose not to get an alternative persona, and I apologized to him for it. Far as I know, he never came back.

I wouldn't do that to any real members here.

Who ever this person is, s/he isn't driven by anyone else. I really don't see what all the fuss is about.
I mean, s/he was kind of right anyway. We just didn't appreciate being lectured to by someone who we don't know... hummmmmm.....
Old 12-07-2005, 06:10 PM   #95
edible_eye

for me, there was no fuss - i'm always up for some back-and-forth. bin laid contradicted him / herself too many times for me to take very seriously anyway.

thanx for clearing that up.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:49 AM   #96
ghostposts

vacant look is right.
ghostposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 04:16 AM   #97
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
Yeah, tough time finding accomplishments... like oh say, the fact that all hospitals and 95% of all Iraq clinics are open,
*snip*

...and thats why the people there are soooo happy they are meeting the US troops in the streets with flowers.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 04:46 AM   #98
CptSternn

To sum up like 3 other points:

First, yeah, all those topics Mael posted in - bush has had a hand in each of em. Personally meddling. If he would stop meddling, people would stop calling him out on it when he fucks it up.

Second, having lost my family in a similar conflict, I know what its like being in occupied territory.

Third, the israeli jews are like korean shop keepers in the LA riots - cannon fodder for the right wing western governments, to hold their place in the region so they can keep influence over oil. They back isreal and all its hair brained attack schemes to keep the perpetual war machine moving. Classic Khafka.

Israel is the #1 recipient of US funding. They get more than all other countries the US gives monie to combined. Why? Do the math.

The irony being, right wing christian conservatives (and I use the term Christian loosely here) believe one of the seven seals is the Jews returning to Isreal. Tis true. To give that up would actually invalidate the Bible. This is a nessessity to forward on the oncoming apocolypse.

Sounds crazy, but Robertson and other 700 club members have made comments about this for 20 years now. Funny thing is, first thing Jesus does when he comes back is send all non-belivers to hell. Guess what, jews are non-belivers. So in essence, they use the jews to forward their own religious goals, in hopes they will be sent to hell when the scripture takes form.

Ironic? Well, only if you believe in that. I'm Catholic, but don't get me started on all that we believe.

Bottom line is lands that were taken not even a century ago are being fought for by the sons/grandsons of those who once lived there. You can blame the government(s) but at the end of the day, you have people and familys who lost everything, and are going to spend their days getting it back. Note that no empire in the history of the world has been able to hold on to stolen lands forever. Eventually, the lands will go back to who had them before they were 'given' away.

Much like parts of N. Ireland. The english took over, took the lands from the people, then gave it for free to 'settlers' from the UK to come over for nothing, so they could populate it with their own people. Needless to say people have been fighting over it ever since.

The thing I find funny is the whole 'terrorist' thing funny. Terrorism is a form of warfare used since the beginnning of time. Think 'Troy'. Also think US Indepence. The 'Minutemen', volunteers, many from Ireland, fought in the first urban guerrilla warfare. And for those not still convinced, I say check the US ARMY OFFICER MANUAL FM 30-31B. Google it.

http://cryptome.org/fm30-31b/FM30-31B.htm

Yes, its the army manual that talks about 'destablising' unfriendly government through clandestine warfare. Simply put, the US book on terrorism. They write about it, talk about popular ways to do it, and give the green light to their own troops to actively participate in it, as long as its against 'unfriendly regimes'.

It also goes into killing citizens, then planting false evidence to put blame on government forces to lead the people to think the government is responsible, therefore lending support to the 'revolutionaries'.

Yeah, so before anyone goes off on the whole 'anti-terrorist' kick, remember this is what officers in the US army are learning, along with as mentioned in the link, CIA agents.

So much like the dealth penalty/abortion issue, the US is saying terrorism is wrong, unless they say its not because it suits their ideals.

My being the US actions there have no bearing on their feelings toward the jews, its all about personal gain. Selfish personal gain. Putting other peoples lives on the line for their own ends, and then getting the people there to fight constantly, not offering any real help, but happily selling guns to both sides while condeming the violence, but making sure the profits stay within their own borders.

And the biggest ironic issue is the whole Hamas election. That makes me laugh, alot. Bush touting 'free elctions for the first time'. Yes, he gave them a voice. And with that voice they all spoke out together to mr. bush - 'feck off'. What do you think the Shittes are going to do once the US troops are out? They hold the same ideals as the Iranians. They are basically an extension of Iran now. The minutes the Us puts down the gun and leaves the room, Iraq and Iran will be side by side on all political ideals. Once again, bringing 'democracy' to a country that will use it, to tell the states to bugger off.

I digress a bit with that last bit, but hey, thats like 5 convos I'm answering in one post.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:49 AM   #99
Blushing Heliophobe

One question - do you take Pat Robertson seriously?
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:45 AM   #100
CptSternn

I don't, but thats not the issue. See, bush 1 did. He did to the point he gave speeches based on pats book. Hell, as mentioned before, the ministry song 'a new world order' with clips taken from bush's speech, taken from pats book. Now if you follow pats book, and his progression of this world order, it fits right in line with the current administration. The lads in power in gw's cabinet are the same lads who served under bush 1, with the same goals. Look at the book, then tell me they have changed course. They haven't

The problem is not if you or I take that gobsheen seriously, the problem is the bush family does, and is forcing mr. robertons views and way of life down the throats of the citizens not only in its own country, but across the globe.

There in lies the problem.