Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:56 PM   #1
Pelagia

Try new brow shapes without the commitment!

I came across brow wax and sealer when I was reading "making faces" by the late makeup artist Kevin Aucoin a while back and I thought I would share in case anyone wants to try new eyebrow shapes without waxing or shaving their beloved eyebrows off.

Basically, you can apply wax, sealer, and foundation to create the illusion of having no eyebrows, then you can draw them on however, you like! You can also buy stencils of all different brow shapes, and I always wondered how all those models were brave enough to change their eyebrows all of the time

You can get more info at the link below:
http://www.tgcosmetics.com/makeover/makeoverBrow.htm
Pelagia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:16 PM   #2
Pyre

Intriguing. I think my mom would question me to death if she caught me pressing a spatula to my face, however. Oh well, I pluck my eyebrows so that they look drawn on, so I am not worried about it. But, just in case I ever feel the need to try something different, I thank you for a link to such a neat trick

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:44 PM   #3
Graveyard.Crow

I pluck my eyebrows really thin then outline them so that they look thin AND dark, not just thin and none existant. But I always wanted to know what I would look like with really thin brows
Old 12-23-2006, 11:50 AM   #4
Pelagia

I have always wanted the straight angled art deco eyebrows of one of the women in my favorite painting and I think the bride of frankenstein has them too. My problem is when I first has my eyebrows waxed when I was young they did them pretty thin and certain spots didnt grow back, they are fine but I fear making them any thinner in case they dont look good

Heres a link to the painting with the eyebrows I love:
http://i18.tinypic.com/2ag9mkn.jpg
Pelagia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:06 PM   #5
BlackButterfly

I tried that (the wax and re-draw thing) a couple of times, but I can't draw the same eyebrows twice (not even in my drawings on paper! -_-;;).

Stencils are always too long for my brow area as well (unless I want that lovely Klingon brow line), so that's out too. Alternately I guess I could just make my own stencils...

Ah well, practice, practice! Indeed, for those with the patience and creativity, it's a good idea.
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:17 PM   #6
Mick Ignis

Hmm, I wonder if the wax works with light facial hair. I want to keep what little I have, but like to be clean shaven for specific occasions.
Mick Ignis is offline   Reply With Quote