Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:27 PM   #1
Rats

Hi!

Hi! I am Rats! I have never been a typical person, It is just too boring! I have always been interested in the darker side of things such as taxidermy, (which I have done 3 times) and graveyards. My favorite animals are crows, ravens, rats, bats, axolotls, and horses. I have many stories about my connections with wild animals; such as the one wild bat that would follow me around, sit on my shoulder, and came when I called for him. Not quite sure what to say now, bye I guess!
Rats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:39 PM   #2
Stormbringer

Greetings and welcome Rats. You sound like quite an interesting individual. I feel sure you'll be in good company here. Cheers from Stormbringer.
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:28 PM   #3
Anise

S'up Rats it's good to have you here
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:26 PM   #4
Izren_Hathor

Welcome to the fold, Rats.
Izren_Hathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:37 PM   #5
Pr1aP1sm

Rats,
Of all the familiars I have shared my life with, more than a few were Rats.
Surprisingly intelligent, And very socially oriented, They listened better than some dogs I've known.
But they did like to steal and hide jewelry... Little Kleptos.

Never had the luck you've had with bats, though.
If you like bats you might like this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Kk5oHQa1Ars
Pr1aP1sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:38 AM   #6
LovelyLunaxx

Welcome, Rats. I think you will enjoy this forum very much, everyone is very lovely. I also share a love for the unusual or "darker" side...I am curious when you started taxidermy?
LovelyLunaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:37 PM   #7
Rats

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyLunaxx View Post
Welcome, Rats. I think you will enjoy this forum very much, everyone is very lovely. I also share a love for the unusual or "darker" side...I am curious when you started taxidermy?
I was around 12 when a little bird smacked into my window and hurt his wing, i took him inside because of the neighborhood cats. He unfortunately died after about a day and I didn't want to bury him because the cats and raccoons and dogs would dig him up. I decided to taxidermy him instead as it seemed interesting, so i researched and found out how to do that properly. I did the job well and still have him along with 2 other creatures.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:52 PM   #8
Rats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr1aP1sm View Post
Rats,
Of all the familiars I have shared my life with, more than a few were Rats.
Surprisingly intelligent, And very socially oriented, They listened better than some dogs I've known.
But they did like to steal and hide jewelry... Little Kleptos.

Never had the luck you've had with bats, though.
If you like bats you might like this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Kk5oHQa1Ars
I have had the honor of living with 4 rats and they were some of the best Pets i have owned, and that it'saying a lot. I had one rat that went everywhere with me and was the best companion, he was incredibly intelligent knew his name and several words.
One day I was counting my money on the floor as I was going on a trip, he wanted attention and i kept telling him that i had to finish counting before i could play with him and his brother, he then grabbed all my 20s and ran off and wouldn't give them back, so i started playing with his brother then he brought them back to me after teasing me! He had a great sence off humor too, he always could make me laugh. I miss him every day.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:52 PM   #9
Stormbringer

Yeah, I had a pair of rats for about four years and they were great. They both lived far longer than I was told at the pet store and one of them sadly had a stroke - just like a person. It was quite sad. I've never tried taxidermy but I used to collect skulls (usually from roadkill or birds that had died of natural causes and I mummified a lizard once. Using all of the ancient Egyptian techniques. I've still got it - somewhere.....
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 12:44 PM   #10
Acharis

Welcome Rats!

I used to keep pet rats and look after injured birds and animals too, though unfortunately they were in shock so I had less luck.

Connecting with animals is great. Cats used to flock to me, not so much now, but the other day a peacock roamed over to my house from his owners.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:08 PM   #11
LovelyLunaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rats View Post
I was around 12 when a little bird smacked into my window and hurt his wing, i took him inside because of the neighborhood cats. He unfortunately died after about a day and I didn't want to bury him because the cats and raccoons and dogs would dig him up. I decided to taxidermy him instead as it seemed interesting, so i researched and found out how to do that properly. I did the job well and still have him along with 2 other creatures.
My that is actually very lovely.
LovelyLunaxx is offline   Reply With Quote