Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:42 AM   #76
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
I have to echo what jack_the_knife said. If anyone should die, it's your abuser. Suicide is (almost) never the answer to anything.
..And it's common knowledge that murder solves everything.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:49 AM   #77
viscus

I'd say it's killing in self-defense, which is acceptable.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:56 AM   #78
PortraitOfSanity

Except that in order to have a self defense plea, you have to prove that your life was in immediate danger. Your life isn't necessarily in immediate danger if you're being abused.
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:59 AM   #79
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
I'd say it's killing in self-defense, which is acceptable.
Has OP even said what kind of abuse this is or who's abusing them?
Old 12-20-2008, 09:00 AM   #80
PortraitOfSanity

Nope.

10 characters.
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:24 AM   #81
Petronius

Always remember that God repays people who suffer but don't commit suicide or curse His name. Your suffering on this earth is nothing compared to hell. The lowest pit of hell is reserved to priests who don't fulfill their duties and the ones who kill themselves. And think about Blaise Pascal's Bet : 1. If we believe in God and do His will, and God does exist, we gain a place in haven.
2. If we do not believe in God, and God does not exist, we have
neither gained nor lost anything.
3. If God exists and we do not believe, we lose EVERYTHING.
Petronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:30 AM   #82
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius
Always remember that God repays people who suffer but don't commit suicide or curse His name. Your suffering on this earth is nothing compared to hell. The lowest pit of hell is reserved to priests who don't fulfill their duties and the ones who kill themselves. And think about Blaise Pascal's Bet : 1. If we believe in God and do His will, and God does exist, we gain a place in haven.
So yes, let's live as if we're afraid to even move and live by the laws set by something who's presence is never really known because... avoiding something like Hell is so much more important than having a real loving relationship with the man in the sky.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:00 AM   #83
Drake Dun

Quote:
Quick, someone put a leash on me!

A serious question, though, for those of you who call yourselves Christians. Isn't it just a little embarassing when one of these jackass fear worshipers comes around making a sick joke of the ideology with which you affiliate yourselves?

Petronius, I'll deal with your bullshit soon enough (in a new thread, which I'll entitle "Pascal's Wager"). In the meantime, see if you can go look yourself in the mirror. You've just tried to take advantage of a person's suffering and turn it into a weapon against her, to reinforce the poisonous trash with which she has been brainwashed by, apparently, the very people who are physically abusing her (assuming what she says is true). It must feel so good to be so righteous - just like her good Christian daddy does when he smacks her around for being a bad girl.

Go burn in your hell. It's your fantasy, not ours, and you deserve every square inch of it it to yourself.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:07 AM   #84
Ms.Crowbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel
[I'm serious] I would've committed suicide long go if it wasn't for the fear of burning in hell, so I need to know away around it. Thank you.^^
No, there isn't.
If you truley believe that you'll go to Hell for killing yourself, then go talk to a Psychiatrist. They can help you with how you feel.
Or, you could do what you want to, regardless of what your Priest says.
I personally don't see what would be so wrong with going to Hell. At least you can do whatever you want to down there without risk of being thrown out. It sounds like a 24 hour party, lawl.
Ms.Crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:08 AM   #85
Ms.Crowbar

Quote:
Get Lost you Bible thumper.
Ms.Crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:22 AM   #86
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Crowbar

Drake said it better. Your statement isn't really helping though.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:10 AM   #87
JCC

Quote:
I personally don't see what would be so wrong with going to Hell. At least you can do whatever you want to down there without risk of being thrown out.
Read the Bible and some Christian texts before you make statements that are not only stupid, but factually incorrect.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:13 AM   #88
Alarica

Quote:
That's rich coming from someone who by their own admission, has studied a vast number of religions. Dont you need to be looking for a coven so you can be initiated?
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #89
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
I personally don't see what would be so wrong with going to Hell. At least you can do whatever you want to down there without risk of being thrown out. It sounds like a 24 hour party, lawl.
Nah. It's constant and eternal torture, generally believed to be whatever the victim of living most despises.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #90
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
A serious question, though, for those of you who call yourselves Christians. Isn't it just a little embarassing when one of these jackass fear worshipers comes around making a sick joke of the ideology with which you affiliate yourselves?
Yes, but not anymore than when an ignorant atheist does the same thing.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #91
korinna5555

Quote:
For someone who is supposedly being "persecuted" by her intolerant parents..... you're pretty damn intolerant.
Hypocrisy!

LULZ.

OP, if this isn't simply for trolling/attention purposes, I can direct you towards people who can help. Drop me an email at belaundead5 @ yahoo .com and I will be more than happy to help in any way possible.
Suicide is a selfish act that only hurts the people you love. Trust me; my best friend committed suicide.
There is help out there, but you have to endure. You seem to be a devout Christian, so turn to your faith for strength.
I wish you the best.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:43 PM   #92
maromi12d3

Really get help. You'll feel better after being in the hospital and hear what other people go through. You wont feel so alone anymore. But if you really feel the need to kill yourself a good ole hanging would work....of course with a good high drop.
maromi12d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:38 PM   #93
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555

There is help out there, but you have to endure. You seem to be a devout Christian, so turn to your faith for strength.
I wish you the best.

This is not always the point and this isn't entirely true. Is faith worth having if you're stuck in a constant state of fear? Essentially, is it good to believe God and Hell exists, only to mourn your position in it, especially when Hell is eternal suffering and God is nothing more but one who will tyrannize you and your life through a threat of damnation?

To the OP, I'm not condoning suicide, though it is your life and your actual domain, you wont go to Hell for committing suicide. Look at all the other faiths in the world. You think their convictions are any less just because you believe yours is more real? Has God ever talked to you?

Old 12-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #94
MollyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
It's selfish NOT to commit suicide. Why, you say? Because there are already too many people in the world. To live simply because you want to live is to deny another of his or her life or comfort.
Yeah. It was totally unselfish for him to leave four kids for us to tend to, and explain to why daddy thought two gunshots would improve their lives; why the bills would magically get paid, and that his death would somehow make his widow a better mother.

Good thing that he took his one life off this planet, really. Lord knows it saved everyone around him the extra work and heartache of there *not being enough comfort*. It was truly a comfort to pull his eldest daughter out of his opened casket, screaming, knowing that now she can rest easy that daddy is no longer there to take up space in this life, to take the big piece of chicken, or impede upon her freedoms. Thank the gods that buckshot did the job after he lingered for five days and didn't leave us with over a half million in medical bills and other debt. Whew. Dodged that bullet, wakka wakka wakka.

Thank the gods that he is under the ground and that his children do not seek me or my brother out daily for comfort and love because now that he is gone, they have plenty.

You are the insect upon the leaf, save you don't have a shot in hell of realizing it before it's too late.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #95
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
You are the insect upon the leaf, save you don't have a shot in hell of realizing it before it's too late.
Before I finish eating the leaf? Sorry. Haven't heard this one before.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:38 PM   #96
Elysiume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
Nah. It's constant and eternal torture, generally believed to be whatever the victim of living most despises.
So hell is full of crazy bible bashers?
I'm already there.

"I am a citizen of the universe!"
- Porucík Servadac, Na Komete (1970)
Elysiume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:24 PM   #97
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Yes, but not anymore than when an ignorant atheist does the same thing.
Stop, you're giving me flashbacks of SuperSpright. :P
Old 12-20-2008, 07:33 PM   #98
Drake Dun

On the question of suicide being selfish, I tend to agree that it's a selfish act, but I think it's a rather academic point. Speaking from personal experience with depression (albeit not of suicidal proportions), an accusation of selfishness is completely meaningless when viewed from inside that swaddling self pity. It can actually make things worse, because it gives the person another reason to hate themself: "Great, and I'm selfish, too!"

I've been meaning to get around to making a list of things NOT to say to depressed people, actually, because I find that people who want to help (or at least appear eager to help) often say all the wrong things. Another one of my favorites: "There are children dying in Africa who are suffering much more than you." Fantastic! Pointing out how shitty the world is will cheer me right up!
Old 12-20-2008, 07:36 PM   #99
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
Stop, you're giving me flashbacks of SuperSpright. :P
In seriousness, though, point taken. Sitting on my end of things it's easy to look at "you Christians" as one big happy group, but when I think about how little I feel the actions of atheist trolls (other than myself) reflect upon me, and just translate that to a situation like this one, I can see how over-reductive that is. There may be a subtle difference inasmuch as atheism is not an ideology so much as a rejection of a particular type of ideology, and so creates much less sense of identity, but yeah. Apologies if that comment was taken as an attempt to associate you with him.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:39 PM   #100
Opteron_Man

You CAN kill yourself, but all you will be is dead. Hell doesn't exist, there isn't a scrap of hard evidence that it does. That is religious mumbo jumbo! The idea of hell was invented thousands of years ago for the sole purpose of making kids follow their parents rules and brush their teeth before they go to bed at night.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote