Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:29 AM   #1
Moni-que

hello from New Orleans

I'm not one to stand up and introduce myself, I usually just creep around in the back, so here I am.

My name is Monique, and I live in the deep south with lots of creepiness around me. I am actually from Southern California and relocated here and feel at home. My husband is from here and after living in Hollywood for a decade we settled down a bit and bought a house here among family. Its awesome.

I am an artist/designer and I create hand dyed and printed velvets which I make into capes, purses, pillows, scarves, etc. And I am currently creating new designs right now. And I have a brand new jewelry line in the works.

Otherwise I work from home, live pretty well, no kids, huge horror movie collection, immense music collection, and I garden a lot.

so that is my exciting introduction for now.
Moni-que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:47 AM   #2
Bete Noire

Welcome. What sorts of music are you into??
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #3
Moni-que

I am into all sorts of music. Lately I have been listening to gothic or doom country.

I would post a url to a myspace but it is not allowing me.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #4
Moni-que

I just need to post more I suppose. >
Old 06-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #5
Xombie

Doom country? Would you mind giving examples? It sounds interesting.

Welcome, by the way.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #6
Lolly PopMuzik

Doom country? Is it anything like Bat Country?

Your website can use a lot of work (Your actual handmade crafts should be given way more focus rather than your wholesale wares, the MAC lipstick is actually Cyber, a purple color and ditch the Google ads if you can) but welcome all the same.

Yeah, you have to post like maybe 21-30 more times in order to post links that don't include DA (de.viant art), LJ (li.vejournal), or anything with lo.lita or r.ape in the URL.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #7
Moni-que

listening to lots of Lonesome Wyatt... check out Those Poor Bastards, they have a myspace.

thanks Lolly, the gothic darling site was just thrown together recently after sitting in dark loneliness for years. So it is goth more in essence, not so much in form. I have other sites in development for my hand created goods.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #8
Pantherlette086

Hello there. Welcome!
Pantherlette086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:40 PM   #9
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
The cemeteries are above ground down South. Lucky you; post some photos of them when you get the chance please!
Welcome.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:52 PM   #10
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Hmm that makes me think, did Katrina cause any damage to the cemeteries?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:11 PM   #11
††BlackRose††

Welcome to the boards!
Enjoy your stay.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:32 PM   #12
Moni-que

yeah there are lots of above ground graves all over the place. There is even a small cemetary up the street on the side of the road where I think they buried some poor people or something.

I'm actually from Hollywood California, and moved here a year after katrina, but my husband is from here. And I've lived here before, pre 2k. So luckily I skipped that whole hurricane thing in 05.

and yeah, the hurricanes did lots of damage to everything, its still being fixed. The cemetaries all seem to be okay though from what I know. I'm sure they had damage that has been repaired.

no idea if it was like the end of poltergeist when the storm hit. There is plenty of death down here though, that's for sure.

I'll definitely post some cemetary pics as soon as I get the posting privelages and dig them up... dig them up! haha