Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-04-2007, 09:21 AM   #1
xxkissxmexgoodbye

Most missed memory

I am just kinda curious... What is your most missed memory?
Mine would be... My first kiss..
xxkissxmexgoodbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:46 PM   #2
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
When I first saw my boyfriend.... I love memories of situations where people have today lived through so much together still didn't know that this would be the turn their life will take.

we all seemed so innocent then....
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:08 PM   #3
honeythorn

I don't care how sad I sound, it's mine and I cherish it.

Holding Davey Havoks hand whilst he sang girls not grey .

He stopped the security from trying to make me let go ( I wasn't being maniacal, just holding his hand for fucks sake!!) and smiled at me and squeezed my hand. Just a way of saying " ignore him I understand".

honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:52 PM   #4
PersephoneX

i miss laying in bed with my boyfriend's head on my chest, listening to the rain...

there you go! my sentimental moment for the day.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:35 PM   #5
emeraldlonewoulf

I miss the sense of pure freedom that comes from being young, without care, outside in the wilderness with a clear sky. It is just a contentment, an exuberant happiness, but it is one you are still unaware of, in a way.

Now, when those precious times occur, so very, very rarely, they are accompanied by a knowing that this time will end, and other cares or ideas, even good ones, get in the way of just being.

Words fail me, but the closest thing that comes to it is really, genuinely falling in love, the very beginning of it before you realize thats what it is, with someone you know very well.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:43 AM   #6
PersephoneX

falling in love is a geat feeling. but ask yourself, is it worth having a gaping hole in your chest afterwards?
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 01-05-2007, 03:34 AM   #7
Tumor

I don't see how I (personally) can miss a memory. In order for me to miss the memory, I'd be unable to recall it, which is why I'd miss it. But if I can't recall it, I wouldn't know what I'm missing. Therefore, I miss no memories.

Memories that make me miss whatever I'm recalling, on the other hand... I'd have to say... Living on the streets. Sometimes life sucked then, but at the same time, it seemed more "real" than life before or life since. I guess struggle will do that to a person.
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #8
korinna5555

the time i spent with Julia before she...passed away
i still wish i could have said goodbye
Old 01-06-2007, 09:29 PM   #9
Pyre

You know, I can't really think of one, so I will choose one.

I guess I will choose when I met my first boyfriend in real life. Well, the day AFTER I met him (and yes, we started online). He was the first guy I ever allowed myself to be physically close to, and one of the first things we did was lie on his bed arm-in-arm. As cheesy as it all may sound, it was a beautiful moment (for me), as it felt as if our souls had come together for the brief period that we stayed that way. I would give so much to relive that feeling with someone.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:38 PM   #10
xxkissxmexgoodbye

Wow.. someone actually posted.... Well it's nice to be able to share things like this with others.. You guys are like meh family...
xxkissxmexgoodbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:44 PM   #11
Pyre

I think of the people on GNet as my online family, actually.
Group hug? ^^
::reaches arms out::

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 01-07-2007, 09:48 PM   #12
PersephoneX

Group hug?!?!?
*shrugs*
ok, i'm in!
*hugs Pyre*
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 01-08-2007, 11:06 AM   #13
honeythorn

* Sticks one arm in*
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #14
Pyre

::grabs honeythorn's arm and pulls all of her in::

Old 01-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #15
bleedingheart344

*joins in with the hug*
Old 01-12-2007, 02:27 PM   #16
YourBlackDahlia

I used to be with a guy who I cherished and loved with every heartbeat that my empty heart could manage. He made me feel like I was the only one that mattered to him and that he really had true love for me.

I miss having that special someone to make me feel whole like he did.
YourBlackDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:24 AM   #17
Cicero

I miss most of the amazing holidays I've been on. Especially the ones in Alaska, Italy and Azerbaijan. I'd definitely re-live all of those.

Hmmmm... I'll also add the day that I met AFI. I hung out with a lot of awesome people that day, and no, I'm not just talking about the band.

(And on a side note: Honeythorn - *Jealousy* That must have been amazing!)

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:28 AM   #18
Delicate_Torture

Mine only occured a month ago.

My best friend in the world lives in the USA. I live in Australia. I have known him for 3 years online and he is the most amazing human being on the planet.

I'm aware that I sound about 16. I'm actually 33.

Anyways, I was able to meet him in person for the first time and stay with him for almost two weeks. It was wonderful to just hang around and watch DVD's, order out for food and go out for icecream, take a drive together and go shopping. Boring things that you get to do with your best friend all of the time... unless he lives on the other side of the planet.

My favourite part about the entire time was the second hug that he gave me. The first was a little awkward because my girlfriend was there, (she met him in person a few years ago, she is also from the USA but lives in Australia with me,) but the second hug when it was just he and I standing there and he could really hug me properly... that was amazing.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #19
D.C.

my most missed memory has occured since May 8th, 2004 till about December 14th,2006 i just miss lying in bed and playing games and doing many other things with my true love. He has been in jail since December 14, 2006 for some fukin bullshit he didnt do
D.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:01 PM   #20
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicate_Torture
Mine only occured a month ago.

My best friend in the world lives in the USA. I live in Australia. I have known him for 3 years online and he is the most amazing human being on the planet.

I'm aware that I sound about 16. I'm actually 33.

Anyways, I was able to meet him in person for the first time and stay with him for almost two weeks. It was wonderful to just hang around and watch DVD's, order out for food and go out for icecream, take a drive together and go shopping. Boring things that you get to do with your best friend all of the time... unless he lives on the other side of the planet.

My favourite part about the entire time was the second hug that he gave me. The first was a little awkward because my girlfriend was there, (she met him in person a few years ago, she is also from the USA but lives in Australia with me,) but the second hug when it was just he and I standing there and he could really hug me properly... that was amazing.
Aw, that is such a sweet story

Old 01-14-2007, 06:14 PM   #21
asta_tintora

Location: To the south of one thing, to the east of that one, and slightly to the right.
Hm, a cherished memory. I remember the first time I left the country. Since the age of 11, I wanted to visit Mexico like my father had. I wanted to see the ruins and actually live in another country for a while. I remember the sleeplessness, the cool morning air. For some reason, it hadn't been as humid as the rest of the summer. I really do dislike the Georigan summers.

I recall the plane ride and my heart trying bore a hole through my chest every time the plane dipped due to turbulence. I had always wondered what it would be like to travel through clouds and I recieved my answer: white purgatory. It is like purgatory.

I stepped off the plane and I remember the sparsely vegetated mountains, hugging the airport. I thought, 'Ah, this is a place I truly want to explore.'

Later during the trip, I remember the cat that layed on the sidewalk, leg broken. My friends and I passed it up the first time, but it troubled me. I sat in the little cyber cafe wondering if anyone would help it, but no one did. So, I left and got a shirt. I wrapped the cat up and took it to a vet four or five blocks away. It protested a bit, but only later did I realize that it had bled through the shirt. They cleaned her wound, they took care of her. I paid for her medical bills. I had to leave before I could be certain of her fate. I truly hope she survived and that she was able to make it to the house she was going to.

I only have one picture of her. I guess, that is my only regret that I have only one picture of that fraile, white cat. Hm, I'll never regret the action, even if it was ultimately pointless or only mattered to me.

So, those are my long winded memories. I need to build more memories like those.
asta_tintora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:29 PM   #22
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I miss my misery. I miss lying on my bed, sobbing so hard I felt like I was gonna ralf all over. Hated it at the time, but it's better than this numbness I have now...

I also miss staring at "I am Half-Sick of Shadows" by J.W. Waterhouse. *squeals about actually having seen a real, live Waterhouse painting*
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:40 PM   #23
Catch

There was that one party with a fruit bowl and mix whatever you want. Think I blackouted at 10pm and didn't fall asleep until 5am. That would be a total of 7 hours. I don't exactly remember falling asleep, but that's what I heard.