Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-18-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
Qgirl

Do you think winning the lottery would make you happy?

People play the lottery hoping to fix all that is wrong in their lives. Yet lottery winners commit suicide at a very high rate, far higher than the regular population, even the poverty-stricken population. Do you think winning the lottery would make you happy? If so, how would you avoid the pitfalls of lottery winners' depression and misery?
Qgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:02 AM   #2
Jack of Tears

Absolutely it would. I have most of the things money can't buy, so if I had money to take away the stress of bills and give me some freedom to do what I wanted, then I would be even better off.

How would I avoid the pitfalls? I'd not make most of the stupid mistakes other winners do - such as starting businesses I was not prepared to run, buying things I most certainly did not need, getting into drugs for the sake of it, etc. I can be fairly responsible with my money and know others who could handle it for me even more effectively. All it takes is some forethought when making decisions.
Jack of Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
Opteron_Man

Oh fuck ya it would! If I could win something, I could pay off my bills, and my loan I made. I could move out of this frozen asshole of a town full of boring idiots and move into a nice house. I could pay for the materials needed to build my experiments and I could pay to go to a college. I could buy some reliable wheels when I eventually get my drivers license.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:01 AM   #4
Duane

100 million dollars would make me very happy. I'd be set for life, my parents could retire early, my aunts and uncles could too. Yes, if I won a huge lottery like that, I'd share it with my family, I'd also give some charity the rest would be put in my account.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
honeythorn

YES! Of course it bloody would. I just wouldn't tell anyone about it. That way you don't get bitter people harping on at how great life must be having all that money, you don't get people constantly on and on at you for money ( unless they honestly do need it and have no way of getting X amount some other way ) .

I'd fuck off and live on an Island somewhere off the UK coast.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:45 PM   #6
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
YES! Of course it bloody would. I just wouldn't tell anyone about it. That way you don't get bitter people harping on at how great life must be having all that money, you don't get people constantly on and on at you for money ( unless they honestly do need it and have no way of getting X amount some other way ) .

I'd fuck off and live on an Island somewhere off the UK coast.
That island idea would be nice! Ohhh warm weather! Mmmmm!
It is sumposed to be spring and it is a bitter cold frozen snow covered wasteland here. The ideots that infest this town don't help things either.

Ohhh! I HATE Sault Ste Marie! But money would help. I would totally fuck off to an island.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:49 AM   #7
honeythorn

Warm? The UK coast isn't anything near warm unless it's a hot summer and we don't get those too often anymore. Wild and windy is better. There's no way in hell I'd live on a tropical island. I would take a trip to the Galapgos though for the wildlife.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:03 AM   #8
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man View Post
It is sumposed to be spring and it is a bitter cold frozen snow covered wasteland here. The ideots that infest this town don't help things either.
Canada is always a "bitter cold frozen snow covered wasteland" until mid-April - later in most places. Calgary doesn't get spring until mid-May.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:45 PM   #9
Desdemona

I'd love it.
I'd never need to work, I could move to another country and I'd bet set for life.
I know that sounds shallow..but moving to somewhere like Finland would make me so happy. And as for the things money can't buy.. Family, love etc..
I'd have enough to fly my family out for holidays and my boyfriend's said he'd move with me. xD

Desdemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:45 PM   #10
Pyre

Oh hell yeah. I could pay off my loans, pay for grad school, and when I flunk out of grad school I'd still have money to support myself. Of course, I'd put most of it in a savings account for interest, leave a few thousand for frivolous spending, and still work to make an income. But, it'd be a really nice fallback if something goes wrong.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #11
CrimsonPythonidae

Yeah, it would make me happier.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:46 PM   #12
Lakita in the House!

I play the lottery every day. If I won it, I'd buy some bling-bling! but y'all know how I do. ^_^
Lakita in the House! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #13
Pyre

Sometimes I get the feeling Lakita is a current or older member in disguise. Negro disguise.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 03-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #14
CrimsonPythonidae

I get that feeling too . .
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #15
Smells Like A Foot

Lakita is my girl!
Smells Like A Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:12 PM   #16
Lakita in the House!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
Sometimes I get the feeling Lakita is a current or older member in disguise. Negro disguise.
i've been here before, but ma old account was banned. that one was just Lakita jackson oh and by the way the word negro is racially offensive, if y'all ain't careful imma have to report y'all with an infraction like you did ta me.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:18 PM   #17
Unimatrix 00

Hi Lakita! do you remember me? hehe x
Old 03-25-2009, 06:27 PM   #18
Corpsey

*Sniffs the air*

What do you smell?

*Grunts*

Troll-Flesh.

Unless of course you're the Ghetto-Goth Martha Stewart.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:28 PM   #19
Lakita in the House!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimatrix 00 View Post
Hi Lakita! do you remember me? hehe x
sup! what it is, gurl?
Old 03-25-2009, 06:28 PM   #20
Smells Like A Foot

You forget, I'm a troll, too.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #21
Pyre

NEGRO is the Spanish term for BLACK. As in the color. Every other language uses a term similar to NEGRO, but English gets a bad rep for it because YOU PEOPLE make such a big deal out of a few years of slavery when you were enslaving your own people for centuries. Would you rather me say NEGROID? That's a technical term for YOU PEOPLE used in ANTHROPOLOGY. NEGRO is on equal terms with CAUCASIAN, and I don't think people are going to whine about that one.

Also, I doubt you're really NEGRO anyway.

P.S. I am not racist, just instigating.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #22
Smells Like A Foot

Ho, we like the word coon, that's the PC one these days.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:38 PM   #23
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre
NEGRO is the Spanish term for BLACK. As in the color. Every other language uses a term similar to NEGRO, but English gets a bad rep for it because YOU PEOPLE make such a big deal out of a few years of slavery when you were enslaving your own people for centuries. Would you rather me say NEGROID? That's a technical term for YOU PEOPLE used in ANTHROPOLOGY. NEGRO is on equal terms with CAUCASIAN, and I don't think people are going to whine about that one.
I lol'd at this because it's true.

Ever read Oroonoko?

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #24
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
I lol'd at this because it's true.

Ever read Oroonoko?
Nope. What's it about?

And good one, Duck.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:43 PM   #25
Lakita in the House!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post

Also, I doubt you're really NEGRO anyway.

P.S. I am not racist, just instigating.
y'all is a rascist because you called me a negro in ENGLISH not spanish and it wasn't a only a few years it was like 100 years, and no black people ain't never enslaved no one.